Gen 4 GTS Trading

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection services have been shut down for DS games. There are private DNS workarounds, but you'll have to set those up and ensure whoever you're trading with is using the same one. Furthermore, if you're on this website, it may just be easier for you to download the desired .pk4 files from here and inject them with PKHeX, assuming you have a way of extracting your save file.

1 hour ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection services have been shut down for DS games. There are private DNS workarounds, but you'll have to set those up and ensure whoever you're trading with is using the same one. Furthermore, if you're on this website, it may just be easier for you to download the desired .pk4 files from here and inject them with PKHeX, assuming you have a way of extracting your save file.

Hey, thanks for the info. I'm using the DNS available here which also has a list of the current Pokemon up for trade on Gen 4 and 5:

https://pkmnclassic.net/gts/

If anyone else is using this and would like to trade that would be great. I don't know anything about the .pk4 files but thank you for mentioning it, I will read up on it and see what it is all about 👍

.pkX files are individual Pokémon files, extracted from your save with save editors such as this own website's PKHeX. The X in the name represents the generation format, and you can import them in any way you would in a main game title. For example: a Gen 5 game can import pk3/ck3/xk3, pk4 and pk5 files, while a Gen 7 game can import everything below pk7 (with the exception of pk1/pk2 files containing event Pokémon unobtainable in the Virtual Console versions).

If you have a way of extracting the save from your DS Game Card (for example, a hacked 3DS), you can then use PKHeX to edit your save at will, including obviously the extraction of pk4 files and injection of pk3 and pk4 files, in the case of a Gen 4 game.