Myth or Truth: Hot Springs hatches eggs faster?

Shades

When I was little, and first started playing Emerald I was told by friends that running in the hot springs makes eggs hatch faster. I have heard this rumor multiple times as a kid and now I'm curious to get to the bottom of this. I have read online but I haven't been able to come across a clear answer. So does the hot springs in gen 3 actually hatch eggs faster or is that just a myth? Anyone know?

6 minutes ago, Shades said:

When I was little, and first started playing Emerald I was told by friends that running in the hot springs makes eggs hatch faster. I have heard this rumor multiple times as a kid and now I'm curious to get to the bottom of this. I have read online but I haven't been able to come across a clear answer. So does the hot springs in gen 3 actually hatch eggs faster or is that just a myth? Anyone know?

if I'm not mistaken, it's merely a myth.

(Also due to the title not being fully descriptive, I almost thought this was spam. I'm changing the title)

• theSLAYER changed the title to Myth or Truth: Hot Springs hatches eggs faster?
1 minute ago, Prejie said:

What's not a myth is that some abilities hatch eggs faster, like Flame Body. In a way, heat hastens the hatching of an egg, but not through hot springs.

(To preface this, Emerald onwards. RS FRLG doesn't have the ability perk, hence I didn't mention it.)
Also this myth was likely caused by a misunderstanding from NPC dialogue in Lavaridge:

I have an egg here.
I'd hoped to hatch it by covering it in hot sand by the hot springs.
But that doesn't seem to be enough.
I've heard it would be best if it were to kept together with POKéMON and carried about.

I would say the misunderstanding arose from the first half of that paragraph. Or maybe the idea was romanticized.
In any case, we gotta remember the NPC clearly says it is not enough, and gives the player the egg.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:58 AM, theSLAYER said:

(To preface this, Emerald onwards. RS FRLG doesn't have the ability perk, hence I didn't mention it.)

Well, the context was in Emerald, that's why I thought of mentioning it.

• Like 1