Question about PID/IV randomness in Event Gallery

Farfetchd

Hello!

I downloaded the shiny beasts for the Zoroark event from the gallery, and noticed that it listed a set PID. However, my beasts ended up getting a differing PID (although that one DID stay consistent across all received beasts).

Furthermore, what I was confused about, they all had different IVs. I always thought in Generation 4 the PID is tied to the IVs, unlike later games, so shouldn't their IVs all be the same?

37 minutes ago, Farfetchd said:

Hello!

I downloaded the shiny beasts for the Zoroark event from the gallery, and noticed that it listed a set PID. However, my beasts ended up getting a differing PID (although that one DID stay consistent across all received beasts).

Furthermore, what I was confused about, they all had different IVs. I always thought in Generation 4 the PID is tied to the IVs, unlike later games, so shouldn't their IVs all be the same?

Which event did you download? Gen 4 shiny beast do have preset PID.
For Gen 4, any shiny events have preset PID (if I don't recall incorrectly), because they don't have multiple PID options yet.

Example here:
image.png

PID-IV being tied doesn't apply to wonder card mons.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:59 AM, theSLAYER said:

Which event did you download? Gen 4 shiny beast do have preset PID.
For Gen 4, any shiny events have preset PID (if I don't recall incorrectly), because they don't have multiple PID options yet.

PID-IV being tied doesn't apply to wonder card mons.

The Winter Beasts for German Generation 4 games from the event gallery. And, huh, that's odd. So the original event had everyone receive the listed PID? Is it the same across regions/languages, too? If worst comes to worst, I could probably just override the random PID, but it's still pretty confusing. 

And that's interesting, didn't know that about wc mons. So the IVs are meant to be random?

1 hour ago, Farfetchd said:

The Winter Beasts for German Generation 4 games from the event gallery. And, huh, that's odd. So the original event had everyone receive the listed PID? Is it the same across regions/languages, too? If worst comes to worst, I could probably just override the random PID, but it's still pretty confusing. 

And that's interesting, didn't know that about wc mons. So the IVs are meant to be random?

image.png

image.png

Same PID bruh.

image.png

(0x5551B96C in decimal is 1431419244)

So yup, PID is static. IVs for these are dynamic.