PKHeX Home Live Plugin - RAM Viewer & Dumper thread

6 hours ago, FusionGengar said:

Is it possible to dump all pokemon from the mobile version? I want to preserve them but at the same time don't want to hack my switch. I know that there was a similar tool for pokemon Go some time ago, so it should be possible, right? Thanks.

I don’t think there was a tool for Pokémon GO? Tho I guess the next part I’m gonna say can partially work for GO too.

just dump the RAM of HOME when logged into your phone and looking at the whole chunk of Pokémon. I I imagine the best way is to use some Android emulator and sign in to your account, then dump from there. Then look through the RAM data and look for the mons and extract them manually. 

all at your own risk tho. Pokémon games don’t like being on mobile emulators and I don’t know what would happen to your account if they detect such activity.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:17 PM, theSLAYER said:

I don’t think there was a tool for Pokémon GO? Tho I guess the next part I’m gonna say can partially work for GO too.

just dump the RAM of HOME when logged into your phone and looking at the whole chunk of Pokémon. I I imagine the best way is to use some Android emulator and sign in to your account, then dump from there. Then look through the RAM data and look for the mons and extract them manually. 

all at your own risk tho. Pokémon games don’t like being on mobile emulators and I don’t know what would happen to your account if they detect such activity.

There was a way to dump the app packets by using Charles proxy. Trainer Tips made a video in 2016. I think something similar could be done with Home, but I lack the technological knowledge to do it.

Also tried dumping my Switch nand to extract the save files and preserve my pokemon but it seems that my console is patched and RCM payload injectors just crash.

5 hours ago, FusionGengar said:

There was a way to dump the app packets by using Charles proxy. Trainer Tips made a video in 2016. I think something similar could be done with Home, but I lack the technological knowledge to do it.

Also tried dumping my Switch nand to extract the save files and preserve my pokemon but it seems that my console is patched and RCM payload injectors just crash.

It's an old method that doesn't work when they updated the API. But certainly interesting, wasn't aware of this. Also, people would need to develop tools to read the code, else you have a bunch of random data.

Which would work the same for the RAM dump.

Anyhow, yeah if your Switch is patched then gotta RAM dump mobile variants. Technically you could still dump app packets, it's just that it is not human readable.

The plugin has been updated for the recent Pokémon HOME 3.0 update :)

Changelog:

Spoiler

New features:

• Home 3.0 compatibility
  • Settings/Options editor
  • Legality tweaks to auto-correct Home bad hacks (only for the Viewer plugin)
  • Handle the new PH2 format. The plugin still has support for the old PH1 format files.

Improvements:

• Project has been rewritten from scratches. Should now be more fast and stable.
  • Chinese translations updates thanks @ppllouf

• 1 month later...

Hey, I have a problem with the pkhex home live plugin.

When I try to connect the plugin to my pokemon home to view my boxes, I have an error message
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something went wrong  : - (

Check your configurations and sys-modules installation.

No connection could be established because the target computer expressly denied it. [::ffff: My switch ip adress]:port used

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a CFW on the lastest version, sysbot-base running on it, the lastest pkhex version, the lastest pokemon home version, ...

I can add that the sysbot works because when I try to do a connexion test between my pc and my switch it works but when i'm in pokemon home the switch doesn't want to connect ( as the error message shows )

Thanks for the help ( and sorry for my bad english but im not ) :) 

Edited by Essol

How did you test your Sysbot-base installation? Make sure you used the correct IP Address, and that your joycon Home Button glows blue when the console boots up. That's a sign Sysbot-base is running correctly.

9 hours ago, Essol said:

I can add that the sysbot works because when I try to do a connexion test between my pc and my switch it works

This does mean nothing. Again, how did you test the connection? If you don't make an actual use of the Sysbot-base sysmodule you can't be sure your installation works. The pc can reach the console IP even with no Sysbot-base installation.

You may also want to try other programs that make use of Sysbot-base, to see if it's a problem only with this plugin or with your Sysbot-base setup.

Some of the programs you can try are LiveHeX, Tera Finder, SysBot.NET etc.

I finally found my problem : this seems to be dumb but I wrote the wrong port ( the port wrote in the netloader, Y button on the homebrew menu ) instead of 6000 😅.

Now my problem is that i can see only a few pokemons in the boxes but Chrisss already resolves this on this thread, so i'll check the solutions on the wiki.

Thank you for your help and i hope no one else do the same error as me 😢.

20 minutes ago, Essol said:

Now my problem is that i can see only a few pokemons in the boxes but Chrisss already resolves this on this thread, so i'll check the solutions on the wiki.

What. Who's Chriss. This Plugin doesn't have an official Wiki other than this thread.

EDIT:
Ah, I guess you meant this post: