PKHeX Home Live Plugin - RAM Viewer & Dumper thread

469683593_Logo_Pokmon_HOME.png.28044445f

GitHub Source Code | Download

About

This program is meant to dump and view infos from those Pokèmon that are deposited into the Pokémon HOME application. This program is not intended to edit/inject Pokémon Infos directly into HOME and it will never allow to. Do not ask for any injection features.

Powered by PKHeX.Core and SysBot.Base

Features:

• Handle (dump, load, view) PKH/EKH/PH1/EH1/PH2/EH2/PH3/EH3 (Pokémon Home format) files.
  • Generate PB7/PK8/PB8/PA8/PK9 (Pokémon Game-Specific format) files from Pokémon Home data/files.

Use Cases example:

• Dump & preserve all your Pokémon Home PKM files, and/or load the files in PKHeX
  • Get access to all the Pokémon that are stuck beyond the first Pokémon Home Box if the Pokémon Home subscription is no longer active.
  • Generate a cloned Pokémon to be used on any of the Core game series while preserving the original data into your Pokémon Home account (this will preserve unique Go, Home, or Bank stamps).

Notes

The creators of this tool are not responsible for any adverse outcomes or side effects of using this tool.

We do not condone use of cheating and modified data to take advantage of others. Trading converted files without disclosure could be considered scam.

Disclosure about the Dumper feature:

The Plugin creates a 1:1 dump for the encrypted Pokémon HOME data. If requested by the user, PKHeX can decrypt the dumped files. Please be aware that the Pokémon HOME data structure might change in the future.

Disclosure about the Viewer feature:

PKHeX simulates a conversion from the Pokémon HOME data format to a standard PKM file based on the current game mode loaded.

This process is unofficial and there is always the chance that it does not accurately replicate an official transfer.

If you proceed with this tool, you accept the following:

• The PKM files from the conversion can not be considered legitimate, even if the original encounter was. The files will be legal at best.

• Do NOT use the obtained files to report legality issues with PKHeX. Join the Manu's Discord server for support.

Prerequisites

The Home Live Plugins can not be used in EmuNand or emulators.

How to use

Download the DLL from the Download Page.

For Windows users, right click on the DLL, go to properties and select Unblock.

Move the DLL to your PKHeX' plugins folder, if you don't have it, create it near the PKHeX executable.

Open PKHeX in Let's Go/Sword/Shield/Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl/Legends Arceus/Scarlet/Violet mode with a blank/default save file, and click on Tools->Home Live Dumper or Tools -> Home Live Viewer to open the Plugins.

Open the Pokémon HOME application from your Nintendo Switch and tap the screen and least once. The app must be succesfully connected to internet and to your Pokémon Home Account before proceeding.

Enter your IP Address into the Plugins, select the Boxes/Slots you want to show or dump, and click "Connect".

During the dumping processes, the Pokémon HOME application may act lagghy. This is normal.

Credits

architdate for the contributions in the initial stage of this plugin.

olliz0r and berichan for sys-botbase.

fishguy6564 and Koi-3088 for usb-botbase.

SciresM for his researches into the Pokémon Home encryption data method, implemented in his PKHeX fork.

kwsch for PKHeX and SysBot.NET

architdate, Lusamine, all the ALM team and all the people involved in the developing/testing of the PKHeX-Plugins, thanks to which this project would never exist.

PP-theSLAYER for the mutual support on the HOME research.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm wondering if this plugin is still working. I have gotten it to work in the past, but I'm currently unable to get it working.

I'm on the latest versions of PkHeX, this plugin, as well as the latest sys-botbase and home version. 

The plugin connects successfully but the data displayed in the boxes is not correct. It is just a few scattered glitched bulbasaurs. 

Fixed it. If anyone else has this issue:

https://github.com/kwsch/SysBot.NET/wiki/Troubleshooting

Read the section I am seeing empty or garbage trainer data when I connect to SysBot.NET.

Disable all of your plugins/mods that are in your tesla overlay menu. They are causing the switch's RAM to shift, making Home Live Viewer unable to read the box data. 

Edited by Chrissss

12 hours ago, Chrissss said:

Disable all of your plugins/mods that are in your tesla overlay menu. They are causing the switch's RAM to shift, making Home Live Viewer unable to read the box data. 

Glad you solved.

I edited the first post adding your solution.

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Loveomeral said:

Hi, I know this an old post but does it still work? I don't understand how to get my IP address at this point. I'm using CFW and cannot access home at all, including if I reboot as I immediately get banned anyway if I manage to sign in.

You Switch needs to be able to connect to HOME. If you can't connect to HOME, it likely won't work.

IP address can be gotten from pressing Y on homebrew launcher, if I'm not mistaken.
Alternatively, you should be able to get it via checking your Internet Settings on the Switch.

• Like 1

Wait, so is there a way to connect even on CFW or do u just mean normal switch (I could try again off of cfw, but I just assume I'll be instabanned)? Also, thank you for the tip! PKHex says "Successfully connected", though nothing is showing so I assume it's because I can't go further than the "Push Any Button" screen on Home lol.

edit: i have been doing research and I made sure i had the latest sysbot, i realize i Do need cfw for this and i do know how to disable the ingonito modes to access the home server if i need to.. Tho still assuming i'll be instabanned lol. Tho I can reverse the ban, it doesn't do much if it'll happen instantly again.

Edited by Loveomeral

• SkyLink98 changed the title to PKHeX Home Live Plugin - RAM Viewer & Dumper thread
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I don't know if I'm doing this right but right now I was trying to access my home data and apparently, with the new update (or the update of home idk) only the pokémon compatible with the selected game in pkhex (swsh, bdsp or legends) can be seen. the thing is, I want to see the data from some pokémon that aren't compatible with any of these games - let's say the IVs of a shiny servine i have - but now I can't. Before the update of the plugin I could see every pokémon on home.

Is there a way to see these pokémon uncompatible with the switch games? i've tried dumping some pokémon files, but I don't what program reads a PH1 or a EH1 file...

On 7/9/2022 at 12:09 AM, Inouekkun said:

Hi. I don't know if I'm doing this right but right now I was trying to access my home data and apparently, with the new update (or the update of home idk) only the pokémon compatible with the selected game in pkhex (swsh, bdsp or legends) can be seen. the thing is, I want to see the data from some pokémon that aren't compatible with any of these games - let's say the IVs of a shiny servine i have - but now I can't. Before the update of the plugin I could see every pokémon on home.

Is there a way to see these pokémon uncompatible with the switch games? i've tried dumping some pokémon files, but I don't what program reads a PH1 or a EH1 file...

Currently the Viewer does not allow conversions for such cases since I have not tested Home Data to Game Specific Data conversions for mons that are not natively available in a specific game. It might be a feature I'll implement in the future, but no promises here.

The dumper works fine even with those mons, but as you mentioned there's currently no program that can handle PH1 or EH1, so not much you can do here.

If you have some basic coding knowledge you can edit the plugin code to show the PH1 mon's details in a separate textbox or similar. That's also a feature I might think to add in the future.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:32 PM, SkyLink98 said:

Currently the Viewer does not allow conversions for such cases since I have not tested Home Data to Game Specific Data conversions for mons that are not natively available in a specific game. It might be a feature I'll implement in the future, but no promises here.

The dumper works fine even with those mons, but as you mentioned there's currently no program that can handle PH1 or EH1, so not much you can do here.

If you have some basic coding knowledge you can edit the plugin code to show the PH1 mon's details in a separate textbox or similar. That's also a feature I might think to add in the future.

Unfortunately I'm not good with that stuff.

that's sad but i hope you may do it sometime in the future, or at least game freak introduces all the remaining unavailable pokemon in the next games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/13/2022 at 5:09 AM, SkyLink98 said:

The Plugin works correctly.
Be sure to be on the latest PKHeX stable and on the latest Home Plugin version.
Please read carefully the "Prerequisites" and the "How to use" sections.

Just to understand this better, are we allowed to inject a pokemon from pkhex to Home using this plugin?

• 1 month later...

Hi. Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I just wanted to ask something very related to this. I don't have the necessary resources to try this, but I was wondering if the Latest (not OT) Trainer is changed when you transfer a Pokémon from Pokémon Bank to Pokémon Home. Example, if the Latest (not OT) Trainer in a Gen 7 game is "Trainer A" and the name of the trainer in Pokémon Home is "Trainer B", when transfering it to that Pokémon Home account, does the Latest (not OT) Trainer stays as "Trainer A" or is it changed to "Trainer B"? 
Can someone please help me testing this? Thank you!

Edited by Pokenymous

On 11/14/2022 at 9:18 AM, Pokenymous said:

Hi. Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I just wanted to ask something very related to this. I don't have the necessary resources to try this, but I was wondering if the Latest (not OT) Trainer is changed when you transfer a Pokémon from Pokémon Bank to Pokémon Home. Example, if the Latest (not OT) Trainer in a Gen 7 game is "Trainer A" and the name of the trainer in Pokémon Home is "Trainer B", when transfering it to that Pokémon Home account, does the Latest (not OT) Trainer stays as "Trainer A" or is it changed to "Trainer B"? 
Can someone please help me testing this? Thank you!

I'd be willing to test but I don't have a paid bank subscription as of now. I can test when the transfer feature will be free next year.

hi guys I'm really newbie to everything Dump I've seen your Plugin that looks super interesting, but I absolutely don't know how its and how running with the switch .

Anyone have an explanatory video? or advice for use? is it done in CFW Emmunand or CFW Sysnand? I have no idea how to do it , Can someone help me ?

You need to be connected online to official Nintendo's server, so I guess SysNand is the setup to go with.

The guide is in the first post, read it carefully. If you need help with some specific step, post in this topic providing as much details as possible about your issue.

For starters, download sys-botbase and place the sysmodules files in your console SD card.

And no, there won't be a video guide.

Don't do stupid stuff and you won't get banned. Me and most of the site's staff had been online with cfw for years withtout any issue.

Piracy, homebrew installation in the main menu, faking tickets etc ->  100% ban

Cheating and modding in online/competitive games -> maybe a ban, depending on the offense you committed

Save editing (with cloud sync disabled), Sysmodules (including ram reading) etc. -> So far not a cause of any bans

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Could I use the save file of a game that I don't have on my console, or do I need to have the game on my console? That is, if a friend sends me his save file or I generate one in an emulator, this save file could be used to create the pokemon in pkhex and pass them to home or should I have the game installed on my console, that is, the game cartridge?

5 hours ago, Hans046 said:

Hello!

Could I use the save file of a game that I don't have on my console, or do I need to have the game on my console? That is, if a friend sends me his save file or I generate one in an emulator, this save file could be used to create the pokemon in pkhex and pass them to home or should I have the game installed on my console, that is, the game cartridge?

Your post is non pertinent to this topic. This is for the Home Live Plugin, which is meant to dump and view Pokémons you already have in your Pokémon Home account. Anything else is not related to this plugin.