PKHeX Home Live Plugin - RAM Viewer & Dumper thread

screenshot.png

GitHub Source Code

This Plugin is meant to allow people to dump and view infos from those Pokémons that are stuck in HOME beyond the first Box, or that for some reason the owner does not want to transfer away (eg. Unique GO/HOME Symbol sticker or game-specific unavailable mons). This Plugin is not intended to allow users to edit Pokémon Infos directly from HOME and it will never allow to.

This Plugin is not developed by the PKHeX Development Projects server, so do NOT report problems or request support there. Use the forum thread instead.

The creators of this tool are not responsible for any adverse outcomes or side effects of using this tool.

We do not condone use of cheating and modified data to take advantage of others. Trading converted files without disclosure could be considered scam.

Disclosure about the Dumper feature:

The Plugin creates a 1:1 dump for the encrypted Pokémon HOME data, in the EH1 format. If requested by the user, PKHeX can decrypt that dump in the PH1 format. Please be aware that these format structure might change in the future.

Disclosure about the Viewer feature:

PKHeX simulates a conversion from the Pokémon HOME data format (PH1) to standard PKM file formats based on the current loaded save file.

This process is unofficial and there is always the chance that it does not accurately replicate an official transfer.

If you proceed with this tool, you accept the following:

• The PKM files from the conversion are NOT legitimate in any way, even if the original encounter was.
  • The resulting files from the conversion may not even be legal in some circumstances.
  • When using 'Convert any PKM data if compatible with save file', it is likely that the resulting Pokémon will be illegal.
  • Do NOT use converted PKM in online battles/trades.
  • Do NOT use converted files to report legality issues, whether in the Project Pokémon forums/Discord or in the PKHeX Development Projects Discord.
  • The Viewer is intended for research, learning, and entertainment purposes.

Features:

• Encrypted (EH1) and Decrypted (PH1) Pokémon Home Data dumping
  • Encryption and Decryption of local Home Data files
  • EH1 and PH1 files loader/converter to PKHeX Editor and Boxes
  • Live viewer/converter for remote Home Data (EH1) format to the PKHeX Save file Boxes

Prerequisites

How to use

Download the DLL from here.

For Windows users, right click on the DLL, go to properties and select "Unlock".

Move the DLL to your PKHeX plugins folder, if you don't have it, just create it.

Open PKHeX with a Let's Go/Sword/Shield/Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl/Legends Arceus save file type, and click on Tools->Home Live Dumper or Tools -> Home Live Viewer to open the Plugin.

Open the Pokémon HOME application from your Nintendo Switch and tap the screen and least once.

Fill in the required fields and click Connect.

For any problems or suggestion, feel free to write an issue on the GitHub or on this thread.

Don't use mods/cheats and disable all Tesla overlay-related features while using this plugin.

Credits

olliz0r and berichan for sys-botbase

fishguy6564 and Koi-3088 for usb-botbase

SciresM for his researches into the new Pokémon Home encryption data method, implemented in his PKHeX fork.

Kaphotics for PKHeX and the updated HomeCrypto/PKH classes.

architdate, Lusamine, all the ALM team and all the people involved in the developing/testing of the PKHeX-Plugins thanks to which this project would never exist

theSLAYER for the mutual support on the HOME research

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm wondering if this plugin is still working. I have gotten it to work in the past, but I'm currently unable to get it working.

I'm on the latest versions of PkHeX, this plugin, as well as the latest sys-botbase and home version. 

The plugin connects successfully but the data displayed in the boxes is not correct. It is just a few scattered glitched bulbasaurs. 

Fixed it. If anyone else has this issue:

https://github.com/kwsch/SysBot.NET/wiki/Troubleshooting

Read the section I am seeing empty or garbage trainer data when I connect to SysBot.NET.

Disable all of your plugins/mods that are in your tesla overlay menu. They are causing the switch's RAM to shift, making Home Live Viewer unable to read the box data. 

Edited by Chrissss

12 hours ago, Chrissss said:

Disable all of your plugins/mods that are in your tesla overlay menu. They are causing the switch's RAM to shift, making Home Live Viewer unable to read the box data. 

Glad you solved.

I edited the first post adding your solution.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I know this an old post but does it still work? I don't understand how to get my IP address at this point. I'm using CFW and cannot access home at all, including if I reboot as I immediately get banned anyway if I manage to sign in.

13 hours ago, Loveomeral said:

Hi, I know this an old post but does it still work? I don't understand how to get my IP address at this point. I'm using CFW and cannot access home at all, including if I reboot as I immediately get banned anyway if I manage to sign in.

You Switch needs to be able to connect to HOME. If you can't connect to HOME, it likely won't work.

IP address can be gotten from pressing Y on homebrew launcher, if I'm not mistaken.
Alternatively, you should be able to get it via checking your Internet Settings on the Switch.

• Like 1

Wait, so is there a way to connect even on CFW or do u just mean normal switch (I could try again off of cfw, but I just assume I'll be instabanned)? Also, thank you for the tip! PKHex says "Successfully connected", though nothing is showing so I assume it's because I can't go further than the "Push Any Button" screen on Home lol.

edit: i have been doing research and I made sure i had the latest sysbot, i realize i Do need cfw for this and i do know how to disable the ingonito modes to access the home server if i need to.. Tho still assuming i'll be instabanned lol. Tho I can reverse the ban, it doesn't do much if it'll happen instantly again.

Edited by Loveomeral

People have been using Sysbots on CFW devices to trade mons 24/7 for years and those aren’t instabanned. 

it’s about not having piracy, nor other stupid nonsense on your Switch. Anyhow, all at your own risk 

• SkyLink98 changed the title to PKHeX Home Live Plugin - RAM Viewer & Dumper thread

The thread and the download page have been updated. The plugin now supports Home 2.0 among some new features.

Thanks to all the PKHeX devs for making this update possible.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I don't know if I'm doing this right but right now I was trying to access my home data and apparently, with the new update (or the update of home idk) only the pokémon compatible with the selected game in pkhex (swsh, bdsp or legends) can be seen. the thing is, I want to see the data from some pokémon that aren't compatible with any of these games - let's say the IVs of a shiny servine i have - but now I can't. Before the update of the plugin I could see every pokémon on home.

Is there a way to see these pokémon uncompatible with the switch games? i've tried dumping some pokémon files, but I don't what program reads a PH1 or a EH1 file...

On 7/9/2022 at 12:09 AM, Inouekkun said:

Hi. I don't know if I'm doing this right but right now I was trying to access my home data and apparently, with the new update (or the update of home idk) only the pokémon compatible with the selected game in pkhex (swsh, bdsp or legends) can be seen. the thing is, I want to see the data from some pokémon that aren't compatible with any of these games - let's say the IVs of a shiny servine i have - but now I can't. Before the update of the plugin I could see every pokémon on home.

Is there a way to see these pokémon uncompatible with the switch games? i've tried dumping some pokémon files, but I don't what program reads a PH1 or a EH1 file...

Currently the Viewer does not allow conversions for such cases since I have not tested Home Data to Game Specific Data conversions for mons that are not natively available in a specific game. It might be a feature I'll implement in the future, but no promises here.

The dumper works fine even with those mons, but as you mentioned there's currently no program that can handle PH1 or EH1, so not much you can do here.

If you have some basic coding knowledge you can edit the plugin code to show the PH1 mon's details in a separate textbox or similar. That's also a feature I might think to add in the future.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:32 PM, SkyLink98 said:

Currently the Viewer does not allow conversions for such cases since I have not tested Home Data to Game Specific Data conversions for mons that are not natively available in a specific game. It might be a feature I'll implement in the future, but no promises here.

The dumper works fine even with those mons, but as you mentioned there's currently no program that can handle PH1 or EH1, so not much you can do here.

If you have some basic coding knowledge you can edit the plugin code to show the PH1 mon's details in a separate textbox or similar. That's also a feature I might think to add in the future.

Unfortunately I'm not good with that stuff.

that's sad but i hope you may do it sometime in the future, or at least game freak introduces all the remaining unavailable pokemon in the next games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/13/2022 at 5:09 AM, SkyLink98 said:

The Plugin works correctly.
Be sure to be on the latest PKHeX stable and on the latest Home Plugin version.
Please read carefully the "Prerequisites" and the "How to use" sections.

Just to understand this better, are we allowed to inject a pokemon from pkhex to Home using this plugin?

59 minutes ago, lvlann said:

Just to understand this better, are we allowed to inject a pokemon from pkhex to Home using this plugin?

Re read the first post. It is a viewer, and does not send any data back to the console. It only reads data from the hacked console.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi. Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I just wanted to ask something very related to this. I don't have the necessary resources to try this, but I was wondering if the Latest (not OT) Trainer is changed when you transfer a Pokémon from Pokémon Bank to Pokémon Home. Example, if the Latest (not OT) Trainer in a Gen 7 game is "Trainer A" and the name of the trainer in Pokémon Home is "Trainer B", when transfering it to that Pokémon Home account, does the Latest (not OT) Trainer stays as "Trainer A" or is it changed to "Trainer B"? 
Can someone please help me testing this? Thank you!

Edited by Pokenymous

On 11/14/2022 at 9:18 AM, Pokenymous said:

Hi. Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I just wanted to ask something very related to this. I don't have the necessary resources to try this, but I was wondering if the Latest (not OT) Trainer is changed when you transfer a Pokémon from Pokémon Bank to Pokémon Home. Example, if the Latest (not OT) Trainer in a Gen 7 game is "Trainer A" and the name of the trainer in Pokémon Home is "Trainer B", when transfering it to that Pokémon Home account, does the Latest (not OT) Trainer stays as "Trainer A" or is it changed to "Trainer B"? 
Can someone please help me testing this? Thank you!

I'd be willing to test but I don't have a paid bank subscription as of now. I can test when the transfer feature will be free next year.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:53 AM, SkyLink98 said:

I'd be willing to test but I don't have a paid bank subscription as of now. I can test when the transfer feature will be free next year.

Seems fair, tysm! I'll be willing to see the results.

hi guys I'm really newbie to everything Dump I've seen your Plugin that looks super interesting, but I absolutely don't know how its and how running with the switch .

Anyone have an explanatory video? or advice for use? is it done in CFW Emmunand or CFW Sysnand? I have no idea how to do it , Can someone help me ?

You need to be connected online to official Nintendo's server, so I guess SysNand is the setup to go with.

The guide is in the first post, read it carefully. If you need help with some specific step, post in this topic providing as much details as possible about your issue.

For starters, download sys-botbase and place the sysmodules files in your console SD card.

And no, there won't be a video guide.

Don't do stupid stuff and you won't get banned. Me and most of the site's staff had been online with cfw for years withtout any issue.

Piracy, homebrew installation in the main menu, faking tickets etc ->  100% ban

Cheating and modding in online/competitive games -> maybe a ban, depending on the offense you committed

Save editing (with cloud sync disabled), Sysmodules (including ram reading) etc. -> So far not a cause of any bans