GO - Shiny Mew

theSLAYER

Good tip with the rocket grunts! After slowly grinding away battling 300 grunts and 50 leaders to level up I'd kind of been ignoring most of them recently.

I wonder what steps 3 and 4 will involve, I suspect based on the 30 days minimum to pass step 2, a lot more time gated activities.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

Good tip with the rocket grunts! After slowly grinding away battling 300 grunts and 50 leaders to level up I'd kind of been ignoring most of them recently.

I wonder what steps 3 and 4 will involve, I suspect based on the 30 days minimum to pass step 2, a lot more time gated activities.

I think people have been saying something about walking 151km, spinning 151 unique stops, and 999 great throws (?), all presumably based on screenshots featuring the mon. Also, I'm not entirely sure about my grunts line-up, but I think they're mostly right :D

i still missing some type, i am playing from my home because... my parents forbade me to go out for a walk alone or met friends xD 

(i blame covid haha) 

19/30 days in row

16/30 fighting

8/30 ice

9/30 ghost

5/30 dragon

7/30 dark

20/30 fairy

Edited by TiffanyDarlet

So I properly looked at Grunts lineup, to present somewhat accurate information. (Accuracy is limited to the time I wrote this post. If the rosters shift, and this post wasn't updated, then the details would naturally stop being accurate)
To my recollection, for Grunts, both first slot and second slot have a chance of being captured (I recall encountering shadow Ninetales from them before.)

Here's the important ones

Spoiler

For Dark

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

For Ice

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

For Dragon

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

So I properly looked at Grunts lineup, to present somewhat accurate information. (Accuracy is limited to the time I wrote this post. If the rosters shift, and this post wasn't updated, then the details would naturally stop being accurate)
To my recollection, for Grunts, both first slot and second slot have a chance of being captured (I recall encountering shadow Ninetales from them before.)

Here's the important ones

Hide contents

For Dark

Reveal hidden contents

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

For Ice

Reveal hidden contents

image.pngimage.png

For Dragon

Reveal hidden contents

image.pngimage.png

i am going to hunt grunts haha, that seems a fair way to capture them 

2 minutes ago, TiffanyDarlet said:

i am going to hunt grunts haha, that seems a fair way to capture them 

I relied on Grunts for the hours I'm not out; their balloons tend to appear periodically.
Or maybe when I happen to walk past a Grunt stop, I'll think twice about whether to fight it.

It's good to know in advance which type of Grunts may or may not be worth your time :3

• Amazed 1

52 minutes ago, dannydstk said:

Does anyone know if this mew will be transferable to let’s go pikachu and eevee yet? I’m hoping this will be the answer for a full shiny dex in said games. 

Considering there appears to be no info online for parts 3 and 4 of the research I think it's safe to say not may if anyone has made it past part 2; therefore, nobody can say for 100% certainty. However, going off of the other Mew from GO the answer is probably not. The GO to LGPE transfer probably blocks based on Pokémon index number and not what GO research event the Mew is from.

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2021 at 5:32 PM, Poke J said:

Considering there appears to be no info online for parts 3 and 4 of the research I think it's safe to say not may if anyone has made it past part 2; therefore, nobody can say for 100% certainty. However, going off of the other Mew from GO the answer is probably not. The GO to LGPE transfer probably blocks based on Pokémon index number and not what GO research event the Mew is from.

gotcha. Google wasn’t helping obviously 😛 just didn’t know if I missed something somewhere. Looks like I missed the the first person getting one by a couple hours. The only thing that gives me hope is they have allowed other mythical such as darkrai and genesect to be sent from home. I’m hoping this mew had a little bit of forward thinking.

Nice to see for 3/4 you will just naturally progress with normal playing, I suspect by the time I've done 151 field research tasks everything else will be long completed.

I finished the Dragon-type this evening, just 18 more dark types to go, those rocket grunts are not been generous 😅

image.png.4938024dbc58a17c2927e5cac1d18575.png

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

Nice to see for 3/4 you will just naturally progress with normal playing, I suspect by the time I've done 151 field research tasks everything else will be long completed.

I finished the Dragon-type this evening, just 18 more dark types to go, those rocket grunts are not been generous 😅

image.png.4938024dbc58a17c2927e5cac1d18575.png

Must be a hemispheric spawns thing; I've long completed my Dark type one before my Dragon type one.

In any case, just 1 day left, then 1510 mons to catch. Hype.

21 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Must be a hemispheric spawns thing; I've long completed my Dark type one before my Dragon type one.

In any case, just 1 day left, then 1510 mons to catch. Hype.

Apparently Poochyena spawns a lot more in the southern hemisphere, so you could be on to something there. Most people I know in the local area are stuck on dark types now, however have everything else done.

Good luck with the 1510!

2 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

Apparently Poochyena spawns a lot more in the southern hemisphere, so you could be on to something there. Most people I know in the local area are stuck on dark types now, however have everything else done.

Good luck with the 1510!

Oooh, I didn't know Poochies spawn like that. That could be it.

I'm past the 30 day timegate, and I can sign a breath of relief. It's stressful; if I miss out any 1 day, I would have gotten reset to 30 days, what a pain that would have been.
Yeah thanks :D

On 3/24/2021 at 11:31 AM, TiffanyDarlet said:

i have 4 days left and i am scary to forgot to sign in xD, and still missing dark, dragon, fairy and fighter types T-T damn haha

I think Dragons are the biggest pains. The rest can somewhat be found in the overworld.
But yeah, don't forget to catch one daily. Missing out on a day, and starting back at 30, sounds like a pain.

20 hours ago, Kneesy said:

Has anyone sent it over to sword/shield yet and has a pk8? Or screenshots so I can gen it correctly?

No. A lot of people are still stuck on Step 3. (it usually takes some kind of madman or some kind of whale to rush through these steps. Did you not see Reach Level 40, Complete 151 km, Catch 1510 mons? Or are those that easy to you 😜 )

In any case, I have doubts whether a majority of people will send such a rare Mew to SWSH.
(Read: from game server where it's rare, to a game server where any Shiny Mew is likely hacked.)

For the sake of your sanity, and mine, and other readers, do not ask this again.
To you, and to any other readers, don't ask this again.
If anyone wants to contribute, they would. :3

5 hours ago, TiffanyDarlet said:

i am very stuck with ghost, dragon and dark @-@

At least for Dark, Purrloin is temporarily in the wild, so you could hope to clear that. But Dragon and Ghost would be a real pain. Can only hope to get them from Grunts..

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1