Multiple Abilities at once with PKHaX?

PorgoLorgo

Pokémon can only have one Ability by game design. No amount of save hacking can change that. That extra box is the Ability Slot, I presume. It tells the game what Ability it should give the Pokémon upon evolution, if it's not constant throughout its evolutionary line and the evolved Pokémon has more than one possibility, for example.

1 hour ago, PorgoLorgo said:

Can the PKHaX mode only hack the stats of a pokemon or can I choose more than one ability at once? There is an extra box by the ability of the pokemon, what does it do?

@Shady Guy Jose pretty much explained it. Every mon only has space for one ability in their pkx file.

Additionally, were you referring to this?
image.png

It's just to show which ability number is tagged.
You can accidentally create illegal ability and ability number combinations.
For example, Pikachu with Static would be Static - 1 (1 referring to Ability 2),
However with hacked mode, it could make the illegal combination of Static - 0

26 minutes ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

Pokémon can only have one Ability by game design. No amount of save hacking can change that. That extra box is the Ability Slot, I presume. It tells the game what Ability it should give the Pokémon upon evolution, if it's not constant throughout its evolutionary line and the evolved Pokémon has more than one possibility, for example.

So if I use an illegal ability it will reset to the normal ability of the given slot when evolving?

Thanks for the quick answer btw.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

@Shady Guy Jose pretty much explained it. Every mon only has space for one ability in their pkx file.

Additionally, were you referring to this?
image.png

It's just to show which ability number is tagged.
You can accidentally create illegal ability and ability number combinations.
For example, Pikachu with Static would be Static - 1 (1 referring to Ability 2),
However with hacked mode, it could make the illegal combination of Static - 0

That was what I was referring to.

So it's kinda like an internal value which determines the ability slot? 

And does an illegal ability reset to the normal ability in that slot upon evolution?

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

yes, it just references ability slot.

Upon evolution, the game will pull the correct ability based on the slot from the personalinfo file in the game.

I'll keep that in mind.

I'm just looking for a way to make a perfect pokemon to catch other pokemon with anyway, so evolution won't be a problem for me.