[PKHeX Plugin] Dynamax Adventure Reset Issues/Requests/Discussion

Darkfiggy

I wanted to start a thread to discuss any issues with the pkhex plugin DynamaxAdventureReset.  List upcoming features, and get feedback from people that use it.  If you have any questions feel free to ask it here, make suggestions, and let me know if you have any issues.

Current Implemented Features version 1.1

Reset the caught flag for Dynamax Adventures.  

*NEW * Change the noted pokemon @ the scientist and modify Peonia's hint.

Regi Reset (Reset which new Regi you decided to catch)

Swords of Justice Caught reset

Planned Features

Other event flags 

* We want to make sure to say a big thanks to the PKHeX crew for all their hard work on the main PKHeX application thus making this plugin possible.

Edited by Darkfiggy
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, usernew755 said:

Hi, just discovered this and I can't seem to figure out how to use it, any help is appreciated

Best,

usernew755

I know this ain't my thread, but asking you for more details would prove to be advantageous to the OP.

Can you explain "can't seem to figure out how to use it"?
Can't install it, thus cannot seem to figure out how to use it?
Do not know which option to use when it opens up on PKHeX, thus cannot seem to figure out how to use it?
You thought you clicked on the right option but it seems like nothing happened, thus cannot seem to figure out how to use it?

Please explain which step of the process you're potentially stuck at. (regardless if it is any or none of the above, elaborate on your circumstance)
As you can see "cannot seem to figure out how to use it?" can be used in every step. :3

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, usernew755 said:

Sorry should’ve worded things better, it’s the first option, can’t figure out how to install it

Create a folder named plugins in the same directory as pkhex.

copy the DynamaxAdventureReset.dll file from the zip file into the plugins folder.

launch pkhex

Under Tools in pkhex choose DynamaxAdventureReset

• Like 1

Just now, theSLAYER said:

and unblock the plugin. Right click on the file, click properties.

@Darkfiggy just a suggestion, you may wanna include the installation part on the github.
Not everyone uses plugins (and despite the info being everywhere, this may be their first time coming across one)

@theSLAYER Will do, appreciate the advice 

• Like 1

Thank you for contributing with a more user-friendly way to edit the flags.

I want to report a potential bug tho. I have not caught Keldeo yet, but the plugin says it detected a potentially illegal status, and it check Keldeo as caught. The rest seems to work just fine.

If it can be useful, I had Keldeo transfered from Home, idk if the bug is due to that.

Spoiler

Cattura.PNG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

I want to report a potential bug tho. I have not caught Keldeo yet, but the plugin says it detected a potentially illegal status, and it check Keldeo as caught. The rest seems to work just fine.

If it can be useful, I had Keldeo transfered from Home, idk if the bug is due to that.

Reveal hidden contents

Cattura.PNG

@SkyLink98 It's marking it as potentially illegal because you have Virizion unchecked.  In the game you have to have caught all 3 swords of justice before you can get Kekdeo to appear.  So you have him checked as caught even though you haven't caught all 3 swords of justice.  In this instance that is an invalid way for those flags to be set.

10 minutes ago, Darkfiggy said:

@SkyLink98 It's marking it as potentially illegal because you have Virizion unchecked.  In the game you have to have caught all 3 swords of justice before you can get Kekdeo to appear.  So you have him checked as caught even though you haven't caught all 3 swords of justice.  In this instance that is an invalid way for those flags to be set.

Hem, as stated before I have not caught Keldeo nor searched for him yet. As you can see I'm still missing Virizion, as i'm actually hunting for it as shiny. My point is, the Keldeo flag should not be checked 😛

P.S: Maybe I haven't explained well myself. The flag in the plugin was already set, I have not clicked/checked it myself.

@SkyLink98 Uncheck the Keldeo caught flag, and that should change the status indicator.  If it's checked the game will think you already caught him and won't give you the chance.  If he was default checked when you loaded the plugin, I will have to look into that.  The plugin should get the default values it has directly from your save.

4 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Cattura.PNG

Issue has now been patched with 1.0.4.4 thank you for reporting this! The latest should be live on our github in about ~10ish minutes

(you can fix the issue in the meantime by forcing legality corrects)

Edited by Reshiquori
  • Like 1

This is unrelated, but maybe you guys know how to fix it, I thought i was being funny, so I decided to activate all raids in pkhex for all three areas, the Wild Area, the IOA and the CT.

I later decided that I wanted to deactivate them, but I can’t figure out how to deactivate them in the raids menu

Any suggestions on what to do?

Best,

RH

35 minutes ago, usernew755 said:

This is unrelated, but maybe you guys know how to fix it, I thought i was being funny, so I decided to activate all raids in pkhex for all three areas, the Wild Area, the IOA and the CT.

I later decided that I wanted to deactivate them, but I can’t figure out how to deactivate them in the raids menu

Any suggestions on what to do?

Best,

RH

Last time we tried to do anything with the raid dens it ended up crashing the game when we tried to do anything lol, best thing I can recommend is reverting your save! I'm currently working on adding Peonia and Notes editing for the max lair but I might look into the dens afterwards! Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

I was looking at the source code and say that there is a check when you try to add edit notes to put Pokémon from the other version. You can join adventures from other games and save the Pokémon in your notes so unless I missing something about how adding notes works, this warning would be wrong. 

If I am missing something can you tell me what it is?

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, paulimp20 said:

im having problems trying to use it, cant unblock it and even it doesnt work

is it possible that you're using a version of the plugin that is not compatible with the version of PKHeX you have? Usually after PKHeX updates, the plugin needs to update in order for it to run..

• 1 month later...

when i run the swords of justice chash

Exception Details:
System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'PKHeX.Core.SaveFile.FileName'.
   at DynamaxAdventureReset.DynamaxAdventureReset.sojBTN_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at DynamaxAdventureReset.DynamaxAdventureReset.<AddPluginControl>b__14_2(Object s, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX, Version=21.4.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Armando\Desktop\PKHeX\PKHeX.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

System.Windows.Forms.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=es, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

PKHeX.Drawing, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

AutoModPlugins, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Armando\Desktop\PKHeX\plugins\AutoModPlugins.dll

DynamaxAdventureReset, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Armando\Desktop\PKHeX\plugins\DynamaxAdventureReset.dll

QRPlugins, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Armando\Desktop\PKHeX\plugins\QRPlugins.dll

PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_64\PresentationCore\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationCore.dll

WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\WindowsBase\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\WindowsBase.dll

mscorlib.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=es, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\mscorlib.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.resources.dll

System.Memory, Version=4.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51

System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Runtime.dll

System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

System.Reflection, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Reflection\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Reflection.dll

System.Runtime.InteropServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.InteropServices\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running PKHeX, but please report this error.