Unable to make shiny melmetal

Hello, it's me!

i tried to shinify a legit melmetal but it shows an error in the latest version of pkhex

fd.png.63d9cc9be73142f945b66d84cabff8cd.png

but oddly enough, i tired it on the previous version and it works just fine

Untitled.png.f2f93cf15838f8773c3d55e29feea10d.png

The error is still visible even after moving the green tick melmetal from the old pkhex to the new one :(

Edited by Hello, it's me!

8 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Legality checks working as intended.

Can you catch the Pokémon in question with its corresponding details (Ball/Shiny/IV/Level) in GO at the date it says it was captured at?

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-FeGyj7H6lz1LAVZ7.thumb.jpg.1f6bce0a5278dd377a0d3aef9e1c0064.jpg

i tired putting one from ROC's Pc that was uploaded in the downloads section for public use but still getting the same error

m.png.0ead72dd8371686f45a90300df7d6986.png

but once again, the same melmetal shows perfectly legal in the previous pkhex version

14 hours ago, AlamosIT said:

I suggest you drag this gp1 (from Pokémon GO Park) into a Pokémon Let's Go save file:

809-shiny (wo0ts).gp1 432 B · 2 downloads

And then transfer it to Pokémon SwSh

Untitled.thumb.png.6fddcf2d0f92b66bd4b055e1032a3d15.png

well i don't know why but your method worked for me  but i feel like this is too much of a hassle for one single mon so i'll just stick with the old pkhex version whenever i make shiny melmetal lol, thanks for helping though

33 minutes ago, Hello, it's me! said:

well i don't know why but your method worked for me  but i feel like this is too much of a hassle for one single mon so i'll just stick with the old pkhex version whenever i make shiny melmetal lol, thanks for helping though

It just means your old Melmetal was probably always illegal to begin with, it's just PKHeX wasn't updated to deal with it.

So you can use an old PKHeX, but just know your Melmetal would still be illegal, even if it appears legal on an older version.

New PKHeX added various ball (LGPE vs GO->HOME) and date legality for GO mons.
So that probably is the issue you're facing. Wanna make a Melmetal, then make sure all conditions are satisfied.

The GP1->LGPE->SWSH is probably your best bet, since the date of capture is correct. You just need to ensure the other details, such as ball legality, matches LGPE's usable balls. If you don't know how GO->LGPE IVs work, you probably don't wanna mess with them.

Since GO legality is complicated and tedious, once you make a legal Meltan and Melmetal, don't make anything else that originated from GO.
That would probably save you a lot of headache. :3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

It just means your old Melmetal was probably always illegal to begin with, it's just PKHeX wasn't updated to deal with it.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-FeGyj7H6lz1LAVZ7.jpg.210103f9399eff2497cebc60251b0957.thumb.jpg.8a072deef5b0e928a4f9eccd886329e7.jpg

not just mine but ReignOfComputer's melemetal gave me the same error lol

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

The GP1->LGPE->SWSH is probably your best bet, since the date of capture is correct.

i'll take your word for it :)

2 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

Yes, ROC's Shiny Melmetal is illegal too. Just keep in mind, Shiny Meltan has had 3 different distribution times in Go, and none have happened in 2018.

well to be fair, it wasn't originally shiny but i got the error after clicking on the star icon on pkhex

now i'm starting to think that ROC's melmetal was a non shiny one so clicking on the star icon on the old pkhex made it leagl but the new pkhex is updated to make all non shiny melmetal impossible to be legitimately shiny so thats why i  was getting the error lol it all makes sense now

theSLAYER  i dont think i need to do the The GP1->LGPE->SWSH thing but  have to keep in mind that i can't legitimately make a non shiny melmetal shiny by simply clicking the star icon on the new pkhex ( the old pkhex would show it legal but i understand that it wasn't updated enough with the appropriate legality checks )

1 hour ago, Hello, it's me! said:

well to be fair, it wasn't originally shiny but i got the error after clicking on the star icon on pkhex

the new pkhex is updated to make all non shiny melmetal impossible to be legitimately shiny so thats why i  was getting the error lol it all makes sense now

yeah Melmetal (non-shiny) can be obtained pretty much at any date, but Melmetal (shiny) can only be obtained at certain dates.
So shinifying a non-shiny Melmetal (with the wrong dates, i.e. non-shiny encounter dates) will cause the legality error.
[If the date on the non-shiny Melmetal overlaps with a date that Meltan can be encountered shiny, it will not prompt the legality issue]

theSLAYER ...

For starters, you're tagging people wrong. When you type "@" in the reply box, followed by the person's name, the "tagging" menu should appear.
For example:
image.png

Once the profile appears in the menu, you just gotta click it (to correctly tag the person. If you don't correctly tag the person, they won't get a notification.)

i dont think i need to do the The GP1->LGPE->SWSH thing but  have to keep in mind that i can't legitimately make a non shiny melmetal shiny by simply clicking the star icon on the new pkhex ( the old pkhex would show it legal but i understand that it wasn't updated enough with the appropriate legality checks )

Well, I don't recommend creating mons from scratch.
Either grab a legal pk8 of a shiny Melmetal, or use the GP1->LGPE->SWSH method to get a legal pk8 generated by PKHeX.

Alternatively, if you want to shinify an existing Melmetal, just make sure the date obtained matches a date that Meltan could be caught shiny in GO.

[Also, my GO transfers upload, as well as my Shiny Living Dex upload, has legal shiny Melmetal]

14 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@Hello, it's me! @ICanSnake mind telling me specifically where @ReignOfComputer's shiny Melmetal you guys claimed were at?

Gimme a link or something.

20 hours ago, Hello, it's me! said:

now i'm starting to think that ROC's melmetal was a non shiny one so clicking on the star icon on the old pkhex made it leagl but the new pkhex is updated to make all non shiny melmetal impossible to be legitimately shiny so thats why i  was getting the error lol it all makes sense now

it wasn't originially shiny

On 12/1/2020 at 3:02 PM, ryuko2002 said:

Why not just edit the capture date to the time frame when shiny meltan was available (like 10 days ago)? If you're going to edit the pokemon you just might as well change that :)

id give that a try, try changing the date to one of the dates it was available as a shiny and see if it works. i may try this too at some point if i need any more shiny melmetal lol

also maybe look up the dates when the shiny meltan events went live? idk if the dates are archived here. i just found out you can go through the encounter databace and use the encounters listed and see if they work or not, so far the lv.1 ones can be marked shiny cuz im guessing there from LGPE. the others you have to change the OT and place in the box before you make them shiny.

dont mind me trying to be a little helpful sents im not active here much

Edited by SpringtraP-MasK

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2020 at 7:34 PM, ICanSnake said:

Yes, ROC's Shiny Melmetal is illegal too. Just keep in mind, Shiny Meltan has had 3 different distribution times in Go, and none have happened in 2018.

Shiny Meltan has only been available twice. Once in early 2019, and once in late 2020.