[PKHeX] Sw/Sh lllegal flag on legal Pokemons from Gen6 and Gen7

ranqt

Hello to everyone, this is my first post. I used to lurk here but well now I registered so welcome to me!

I read guides and watched YT videos about creating or modifying pokemons with PKHeX and I learned how to create a perfectly 100% legal mon in both Gen6 and Gen7. So I been able to finish my dex on both generations without using illegal stuff.

Now I probably get a Switch for this Christmas and I'm not sure if I will install a CFW or something, but out of boredom, I tried to drag'n'drop my pk6/pk7 files into a blank Sw/Sh savegames, and they almost all flag as Illegal.

The main error is "Incorrect transfered from past generation", but I think that is not a problem, I mean maybe the process to transfer from Gen7 to Gen8 is different so some values may change, but that doesn't mean the Pokemon is Illegal itself.

However, what kinda surprised me, is many of them, have moves flagged as illegal. Moves that they can easily learn by TM or leveling up. So I don't understand why on SwSh they are illegal (Im not refering to "yellow" moves like Hidden Power, literally red alert saying the move is illegal)

Others Pokemon have legal moves, but wrong "Relearn moves", even though when I created the pk7 and I made the egg, I made sure to click "Relearn move" so it would auto-fill in case of Egg-Moves.

Example:

Raticate with Stomping Tantrum, Facade, U-Turn, Sucker Punch,

Has Learning moves: Tackle, Tail Whip (others are empty)

100% legal on pre-Gen8 games

When dropped into a SwSh savegame, it flags the 2 blank Relearn moves as illegal.

My question is:

1) Is PKHeX "outdated" speaking of Gen6-7?

2) If these Pokemons are flagged as illegal (relearn moves/normal moves), even though they are 100% legal on a UltraMoon savegame, are they automatically illegal if transfered to Sw-Sh? Like, do I get banned or something?

I just want to know where exactly is the problem and what could be the risks, if I have to re-edit them all or what, because I don't understand.

I tried to search similar topics but didnt find an asnwer.

Thanks for any help! Greetings

16 minutes ago, ranqt said:

1) Is PKHeX "outdated" speaking of Gen6-7?

2) If these Pokemons are flagged as illegal (relearn moves/normal moves), even though they are 100% legal on a UltraMoon savegame, are they automatically illegal if transfered to Sw-Sh? Like, do I get banned or something?

1) No, PKHeX is not outdated for Gen 6 and 7. I could still use it with no problem on my part.

2) One thing to note: some moves from Gen 7 are absent in Gen 8, like Hidden Power, Frustration, and Return. You can find the full list here. You won't get banned even if you use them in-game, as you can't. The game will tell you that you can't use those moves in battle. Pokémon from older games can't be used for online battles, either. You have to apply them the battle mark, given at the Battle Tower in Wyndon. 

16 minutes ago, ranqt said:

"Incorrect transfered from past generation"

I suggest instead of drag-and-drop, just use Pokémon Bank and Pokémon HOME, especially if you're unsure of how transfers work. You may pay up to $5 but hey, your Pokémon will be all transferred correctly. Pokémon HOME attaches HOME tracker among other things it do to convert it into a Gen 8 Pokémon. That might be the problem of your drag-and-drop, the absence of HOME tracker.

Edited by Prejie

Thanks for the reply! I am more concerned about Pokemon that has literally legal moves (and they exist in SwSh, not like Hidden Power), and Pokemon that have empy relearn moves flagged as illegal. Whats the deal there? (See the Raticate example)

I would do some test with HOME and stuff (as soon as I get a Switch) but again, Im afraid of getting banned or something...

Edited by ranqt

Oh sorry I thought Sw-Sh has a full DEX.

Im having troubles finding a pokemon with that issue (moves, relearn mvoes) that exists in Sw/Sh, I just tried with Raticate and Fearow and few others but I realized they are not in SwSh, so I guess I can ignore that problem?

The pokemon that exist in SwSh (Tried Charizard, Gengar, Zapdos ) give only the "Incorrectly transfered from older generation", so I guess they are ok?

I think at this point the answer is simple: they are flagged as illegal because they don't exist in SwSh. Correct me if Im wrong.

5 minutes ago, ranqt said:

Oh sorry I thought Sw-Sh has a full DEX.

That's not the case. That's also what Prejie was talking about (to some extent, tho he was only talking about moves).

Im having troubles finding a pokemon with that issue (moves, relearn mvoes) that exists in Sw/Sh, I just tried with Raticate and Fearow and few others but I realized they are not in SwSh, so I guess I can ignore that problem?

yeah chances are the base relearn move issue is because the mon doesn't exist in SWSH.
Others shouldn't have that.

The pokemon that exist in SwSh (Tried Charizard, Gengar, Zapdos ) give only the "Incorrectly transfered from older generation", so I guess they are ok?

you still need to upload the file so I can explain it.

It's still a legality issue.

I think at this point the answer is simple: they are flagged as illegal because they don't exist in SwSh. Correct me if Im wrong.

It's only part of the problem. There's another problem, which hopefully you can resolve after I explain it to you.
However for me to explain it to you, you need to upload a pk7 and pk8 of the same mon.

I hope I won't have to ask for them again. seriously.

Yes no problem I attach here Zapdos .pk7 and .pk8

By the way, while doing this, I noticed a thing, I was doing the "Data>Load Boxes" from SwSh (so I could see all the pokemons), and they gave me all the "Incorrectly transfered from older generation". But if I drag and drop one by one, they don't give any error, just like this Zapdos attached here.

I cannot drag and drop 800 pokemons to check them individually, so thats why I used "Load Boxes", but apparently its the wrong method to "import" into Sw-Sh.

EDIT: Sorry if I made you upset, it was not my intention, I apologize

145 ★ - Zapdos - C3FB666B9920.pk7 145 ★ - Zapdos - A3AC666B9920.pk8

Edited by ranqt

I believe this is what it looks like for you:
image.png

(top being gen 7, bottom being gen 8.)

However with one simple step, it's legal.
image.png

Hint: Green box determines whether the current handler is Original Trainer or Handling Trainer.
Hint2: It is not logical for the details of the current save to match the Original Trainer.

Thus, who do you think the current handler is? :3

I cannot drag and drop 800 pokemons to check them individually, so thats why I used "Load Boxes", but apparently its the wrong method to "import" into Sw-Sh.

Check whether Modify PKM info is checked in your settings. If I'm not mistaken, it should be checked.

image.png

• Like 1

Oh thank you so much, it was indeed the "modify PKM info", I had to check it! I successfully imported all the mons and the errors disappeared!

I got only the yellow triangle with Pokemons with old moves like Hidden Power, and the red triangle (illegal) on Pokemon that are not present in SwSh. All good!

Again, big thank you! I was so afraid of messing things up and getting banned in a possible future, I heard the ban from HOME is permanent so yeah I wanted to be sure.

I saw some posts online here and there, regarding Illegal mons, and also this

Didn't dig too much because I don't even own a Switch, nor a SwSh game, so I can't say for sure that a permaban will occour, but its always better to stay safe

6 hours ago, ranqt said:

Didn't dig too much because I don't even own a Switch, nor a SwSh game, so I can't say for sure that a permaban will occour, but its always better to stay safe

Consider that you can use Atmosphere CFW only on a 1st gen Switch.

If you buy a new console now, in 2020, you can't use Homebrew softwares, such as Checkpoint, and so you can't use PKHeX.

Obv you will always able to use PKHeX on 3DS and then legally transfer your mons using Bank and Home, but you can't use the software directly with SwSh.

Edited by AlamosIT
  • Like 1