Jump to content

PKHeX Legality Issue (Invalid ball type)


Recommended Posts

Hello, I have tried scouring the internet for the answer to my issue but have not found any solution. I am using the current version of PKHeX with the legality checker plug-in and have been successfully generating legal shiny Pokemon from Fire Red/Leaf Green in premier balls (can be brought into FR/LG via trading from RSE), except for one Pokemon in particular; a shiny Slowbro.

To the best of my knowledge, every aspect of the Pokemon is correct, except the premier ball continues to be an issue when verifying it's legality, no matter how many times I randomize it's PID (Hex) or use other methods to find the correct PID in order to match it's nature, IV's, etc. Ironically, I've had zero issue with any other Pokemon, including shiny Slowpoke in a premier ball.

I'll attach the PK8 file to give a better perspective. Thanks in advance.
(Edit: I'd like this thread to be moved to the legality sub forum)

080 ★ - Slowbro - A1470AD4DAE6 (Test).pk8

Edited by Reapus
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Reapus changed the title to PKHeX Legality Issue (Invalid ball type)
2 hours ago, Reapus said:

Hello, I have tried scouring the internet for the answer to my issue but have not found any solution. I am using the current version of PKHeX with the legality checker plug-in and have been successfully generating legal shiny Pokemon from Fire Red/Leaf Green in premier balls (can be brought into FR/LG via trading from RSE), except for one Pokemon in particular; a shiny Slowbro.

To the best of my knowledge, every aspect of the Pokemon is correct, except the premier ball continues to be an issue when verifying it's legality, no matter how many times I randomize it's PID (Hex) or use other methods to find the correct PID in order to match it's nature, IV's, etc. Ironically, I've had zero issue with any other Pokemon, including shiny Slowpoke in a premier ball.

I'll attach the PK8 file to give a better perspective. Thanks in advance.
(Edit: I'd like this thread to be moved to the legality sub forum)

080 ★ - Slowbro - A1470AD4DAE6 (Test).pk8 344 B · 7 downloads

Looking at your PID/IV, it doesn't match the known patterns of RNG generation for wild Pokémon.
Thus, your Slowbro is treated as hatched.

Since it is hatched in Gen 3, it cannot have Premier Ball as Ball.

The issue here is either you or your Pokémon. PKHeX is operating as intended.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The IV's were saved as randomized, though my method of tracking down the IV's that match the PID may be against the rules here and/or under "hacking". I think I read that somewhere before when someone brought up RNG Reporter, so I didn't want to mention that. My method was to use the Gen 3 PID to IV's and then keep resetting until I found a method set I was okay with. I tried that with this Slowbro and after a good portion of time spent, I figured something must be wrong with the legality checker.

Is there some kind of PID directory you could point me to in order to better deal with this in the future? I'm unsure as to which PID method is for hatches and which are for wild encounters other than putting them in randomly and crossing my fingers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for linking that guide, I appreciate it. I'll do some reading.

 

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

 

 

Update: After over an hour of reading and trying any PID at all, regardless of IV, I have had zero luck creating a legal shiny male Slowbro in a Premier ball.

The method Poke Finder uses is similar to RNG Reporter, except with an added layer that seems to have still done nothing for me. I'm really not sure where to go from here after following the guide and still not getting it to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Reapus said:

I assume the TID/SID is the issue? I have a method where I keep a set TID/SID per Pokemon version and have not had any issues with that up until now.

Nah bruh.

TID/SID in this scenario is for shininess determination, and in the grand scheme of no-shiny locks, it doesn't matter.

What matters is your PIDIV combination, together with choice of Poke Ball.

It would be pretty simple for me to give you a PID and IVs for Slowbro, but the question here is: Do you give up, and do you want to be spoon-fed? Or do you want to persevere and generate your own legal PID-IV combination?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've spent nearly 5 or so hours trying to figure this out. So, I'd like to know how to do it myself so that I can solve this issue if I ever need to in the future instead of bothering people who have probably solved this issue for years on here. If you did decide to create the file yourself, I'd rather see a video of you doing it rather than just getting the final product.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Reapus said:

Well, I've spent nearly 5 or so hours trying to figure this out. So, I'd like to know how to do it myself so that I can solve this issue if I ever need to in the future instead of bothering people who have probably solved this issue for years on here. If you did decide to create the file yourself, I'd rather see a video of you doing it rather than just getting the final product.

Also I just noticed: why does your Slowbro have a Gen 3 egg move (future sight)?

If you want to teach it a TR, you must make sure the TR table is checked. That's probably another reason why it won't flag legal.

Spoiler

Capture20.PNG

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

image.png

Adjusted the SID value until Xor=0

image.png

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped reading your post at "why does your Slowbro have a Gen 3 egg move (future sight)?", jumped out of bed to see if that was the solution and it turns out it may very well have been. I removed that move and was able to select random PID/IV combinations (any at all) and it has now become legal. I appreciate that. I'll now look at the rest of your post. Thanks for taking the time to help me with that, I seriously appreciate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I didn't know Future Sight was an egg move and I also didn't know the PID's I was being given were for eggs all while I had the Met encounter set up for wild. I didn't get any flags, so I was just confused. Now I know if I have this issue again in the future, I should look closely at the moveset. You've helped a lot. Thanks for taking the time to set up the screenshots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Reapus said:

Yeah, I didn't know Future Sight was an egg move and I also didn't know the PID's I was being given were for eggs all while I had the Met encounter set up for wild. I didn't get any flags, so I was just confused. Now I know if I have this issue again in the future, I should look closely at the moveset. You've helped a lot. Thanks for taking the time to set up the screenshots.

Well to be clear, it's that the PID & IV combination doesn't match wild encounters.
For example, using the PID of your Slowbro, at a glance, I could tell that none of the IVs on it matched.
image.png

(of course, we could have used those IVs too, but there's no guarantee that PID matches the proper encounter slot etc)

 

It's easier to Gen mons in Gen 5 and above; don't have to worry about this kind of stuff.

No worries mate :3

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...