Intresting exploit in the Galarian Star Tournament

der_bayer36

I actually have found an intresting bug in the The Galarian Star Tournament.

After completing Crown Tundra in Sword, I copied the same save file to Shield and I loaded it in order to see the other gym leaders in The Galarian Star Tournament.

What surprised me is that I was still able to select Bea, Gordie and Klara in Pokémon Shield and play with them. It seems that the gym leaders unlocks remain stored within the save file and not the game rom.

I wonder if there is a way to use PKHeX in order to unlock every single gym leader from both games and play with them.

These screenshots are actually taken from Pokémon Shield.

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

1 hour ago, der_bayer36 said:

I actually have found an intresting bug in the The Galarian Star Tournament.

Let me stop you right there. While what you've found hasn't been said before, this kind of thing (regarding gym leaders and exclusive content) to an extent has been around since SWSH.

For example, if your swap the save at certain times, you will see Zacian's model (above the Power Plant) in Pokemon Shield. You'll see the wrong gym leader in a different game (tho talking to them will crash the game, presumably cause the game tries to summon story text, but you're interacting with the wrong character), you can get the wrong t-shirt from Klara/Avery, etc etc.

Also, this is not a bug. It is only a bug if it occurs without some kind of modification somewhere along the process.

For example: if you were able to officially send SW saves into SH, then it is properly a bug (unintended behaviour using official intended methods).
Since you discovered it using unofficial behaviour, all I can say is you this behaviour did not have to be considered by the devs, since you used unintended methods.

Don't get me wrong: it is certainly something interesting, however you cannot claim this is a bug.

I copied the same save file to Shield

As per my point earlier, this was presumably done with some homebrew app on CFW, not via official methods.

I wonder if there is a way to use PKHeX in order to unlock every single gym leader from both games and play with them.

Someone would have to do research for it. Nothing can be implemented without proper research and documentation. (and sadly, I doubt it'll occur)

However I suggest to not use doing that, especially if you intend to go online, as this is not legal.
Don't risk your save or your console bud :/

I think that this modification doesn't need more than PKHeX

if this is a response to my statement about "cannot be done with official methods", then you're proving my point ><

(assuming that we have the values in block data) but anyways, thanks for the feedback. I won't be using this kind of save online

It *probably* is fine if you don't do it online. :3
but yeah, we don't have the values for block data.

Plus there's other potential issues, being the game might crash if you insert the wrong NPC.
But given you haven't talked about that, I guess it isn't an issue in this instance :)