What are the rules for Pokemon Memories?

carefree_dude

I am trying to make a very detailed living pokedex; one where it has ever form, every gender difference, and comes from its origin game (for example all 1-151 come from red/blue/yellow VC). I want everything to be as "legitimate" as possible. 

My main issue is in regards to memories. I know that I don't have to worry about anything before gen 6. 
So my questions are: 

In gen 8, it seems like memories are always generated when a pokemon is caught; so all pokemon should have an OT memory, correct? (So none that have "Seems to have a fond memory but doesn't remember". 

In gen 7 however, I am looking at pokemon I legitimately captured, and many that are just in the box have the memory "X seems to have a fond memory but doesn't seem to be able to remember the details". Does this mean in gen 7 pokemon don't always generate memories right away like in gen 8? 

I haven't checked any gen 6 games yet, but does it work the same in gen 6? Also it looks like pokemon transferred from gen 6 to 7 may lose their memories? 

Will pokemon in any gen be guaranteed a "Non-OT" memory if they are traded/transferred? 

lastly, do all pokemon transferred from gen 1-7 lose memories when transferred to gen 8? 

EDIT: I seem to have found some answers to my own questions by searching more. 

It looks like gen 7 pokemon don't generate memories at all, but they keep memories transferred from gen 6 (though they can't be viewed in gen 7). 

Im unsure still if these memories transfer to gen 8. 

Edited by carefree_dude
new info

I would also like to know if Pokémon transferred over from gen 7 to gen 8 automatically lose their previous memories. Or if Pokémon retain the memories from only the last game they were in before the transfer, for example.. will a gen 7 Pokémon that has gen 6 memories only keep the gen 7 memories ( so none) when transferred?