A couple n00b questions...

WraithTDK

I'm learning about PKHeX. So far it's AMAZING and has made me EXTREMELY happy. Thank you so much for this tool. There's a few things I don't understand though; so if you'll pardon my ignorance...

1. When I click Tools > open folder > options folders > customize, notepad opens. I assume I'm to map the folders I organized the DB into? Is there any documentation for the syntax for this? Or am I just misunderstanding it?

2. Why are some of the OTs from things like the GEN 2 & 3 PCNY Distribution Machine saves, have a number that two or three digits and an underscore? Was the OT number just variable? Should I just enter a random number? Will they still be legal if I do it that way?

3. I keep seeing things saying that Celebi was only available in Gen 2 on VC; but then there's a bunch of saves here saying it was given out at PCNYC? I'm confused.

Edited by WraithTDK

37 minutes ago, WraithTDK said:

2. Why are some of the OTs from things like the GEN 2 & 3 PCNY Distribution Machine saves, have a number that two or three digits and an underscore? Was the OT number just variable? Should I just enter a random number? Will they still be legal if I do it that way?

Yup, OT and TID variable to some extent.

37 minutes ago, WraithTDK said:

3. I keep seeing things saying that Celebi was only available in Gen 2 on VC; but then there's a bunch of saves here saying it was given out at PCNYC? I'm confused.

Are you sure you've been reading the right posts, or the right information?

VC Celebi is only legal on VC.
PCNY Celebi is only legal on retail carts.

You cannot officially cross a mon from the realm of VC save into retail cart saves, and vice versa.

1 hour ago, WraithTDK said:

1. When I click Tools > open folder > options folders > customize, notepad opens. I assume I'm to map the folders I organized the DB into? Is there any documentation for the syntax for this? Or am I just misunderstanding it?

The syntax is CustomName tab PathToFolder

Like this

VBA	G:\Emulators\VBA\saves
DeSmuME	G:\Emulators\DeSmuME\Battery
No$GBA	G:\Emulators\No$GBA\BATTERY

30 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Are you sure you've been reading the right posts, or the right information?

VC Celebi is only legal on VC.
PCNY Celebi is only legal on retail carts.

You cannot officially cross a mon from the realm of VC save into retail cart saves, and vice versa.

Nooo, I'm not sure at all. This is all new to me. I'm specifically looking at your post here that says 

Also, on an unrelated note, Celebi on ENG Gen II will show up as illegal, if the save isn't named sav.dat,
as for the English versions, Celebi was only available to the Virtual Console versions. (so it is legal for VC versions [hence renaming to sav.dat])

So that kind of threw me. But the PCNY Celebi should be fine in Gen II retail, yes?

6 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

The syntax is CustomName tab PathToFolder

Like this

VBA	G:\Emulators\VBA\saves
DeSmuME	G:\Emulators\DeSmuME\Battery
No$GBA	G:\Emulators\No$GBA\BATTERY

Just what I was looking for, thank you!

Edited by WraithTDK

6 minutes ago, TiffanyDarlet said:

celebi is only available without any kind of events in VC

Ahhhh. Yea, that makes sense. I only actually played Gen 1 when it came out, but I remember Celebi basically being the Gen 2 equivalent of of Mew.

Ironically I bought Gen 2...and then pesky adulthood got in the way; and now I'm trying to binge my way through the series, and re-create what it would have been like to play  when they were released, under the best case scenario. So when I reach a point where I'd catch a 'mon on another version, I'll import with Pokehex as if I was trading with a friend; except for the event pokemon that I'm starting with, as if I went to an event. I even bought fresh batteries, a security bit to install them, and a cart flasher. Pretty psyched!

Edited by WraithTDK
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1