TID and SID editing for Black 2

TheJustinG22

So as the title implies, I need help. So I saw from the RNG forum of Gen 5 in  Smogon that the PID (Shininess etc...) of a pokémon no longer generates within the same source as the TID and SID like it does in Gen 4 therefore PIDs are generated differently now and TID/SID abusing can be disregarded in the Gen 5 games. (But I do know that shiny PIDs are still tied to the TID and SID)

Now, what I do wanna ask are the following:

1. Can I edit my TID and SID to random/specific numbers freely without worrying about my shiny odds?

2. I just edited my TID to 62002 and SID to 62202. Is that legal? Can the game generate that through legitimate means? I edited it like that for aesthetic purposes. (It's my birthday credentials lol)

3. Will I still be able to get shinies through normal means even though I edited my TID and SID or will it affect things?

Tl; dr

I edited my TID and SID to 62002 and 62202, respectively. Would that mess things up for my shiny hunting?

I'm sorry if my question is dumb, I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting time shiny hunting a starter in my Black 2. Thanks!

Edited by TheJustinG22

12 minutes ago, TheJustinG22 said:

So as the title implies, I need help. So I saw from the RNG forum of Gen 5 in  Smogon that the PID (Shininess etc...) of a pokémon no longer generates within the same source as the TID and SID like it does in Gen 4 therefore PIDs are generated differently now and TID/SID abusing can be disregarded in the Gen 5 games. (But I do know that shiny PIDs are still tied to the TID and SID)

Now, what I do wanna ask are the following:

1. Can I edit my TID and SID to random/specific numbers freely without worrying about my shiny odds?

2. I just edited my TID to 62002 and SID to 62202. Is that legal? Can the game generate that through legitimate means? I edited it like that for aesthetic purposes. (It's my birthday credentials lol)

3. Will I still be able to get shinies through normal means even though I edited my TID and SID or will it affect things?

Tl; dr

I edited my TID and SID to 62002 and 62202, respectively. Would that mess things up for my shiny hunting?

I'm sorry if my question is dumb, I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting time shiny hunting a starter in my Black 2. Thanks!

Answer to your questions:

1) Yes you can edit that without changing your odds. Just different PIDs now will result in a shiny Pokémon then with a different ID and SID combo.

2) Yes that is legal and can be obtained through normal game play. Though the combo will look suspicious to other people who might look at the data of the Pokémon.

3) Yes you can get shiny Pokémon through normal means and will only effect which PIDs will result in a shiny Pokémon.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

Just now, Poke J said:

Answer to your questions:

1) Yes you can edit that without changing your odds. Just different PIDs now will result in a shiny Pokémon then with a different ID and SID combo.

2) Yes that is legal and can be obtained through normal game play. Though the combo will look suspicious to other people who might look at the data of the Pokémon.

3) Yes you can get shiny Pokémon through normal means and will only effect which PIDs will result in a shiny Pokémon.

You're a real lifesaver, man! Thank you for the concise yet detailed answers. I guess I'm just unlucky with shiny hunting haha. Thank you so much again!