Jump to content

Shiny Dynamax Adventure Pokemon PKHeX


Recommended Posts

In order for these pokemon to be shiny XOR = 1 (you can check this by hovering over the PID box in pkhex (only works for .pk8 files) )

If XOR does not equal to 1 you will get the " Invalid: Static Encounter shiny mismatch." error. Here are 3 methods to fix this:

Method 1:

Re-roll PID and click the shiny button. Repeat this until its legal.

Method 2: 

Do the same as Method 1 but this time try to get the lowest XOR you can. In my example below I got XOR = 5 now adjust the last number (0-9) or letter (A-F) until you XOR=1 then check legality in this case I had to change 6 to 2.

574697147_eg1.png.b094d5d95fcfed06189a3dbda590a00b.png1686824969_eg2.png.4670795474c167dadcdfdb1e4d05ac43.png

Method 3: 

Step 1:

First you need to put you SID and TID next to each other to form a 10 digit number some TIDs and SIDs have 0s infront of them make sure you include those.

For this example I will use SID = 1234 and TID = 567890. Putting them together we get 1234567890. Take this number and convert it into hexadecimal (converters are online).

Converting 1234567890 to hex we get 499602D2.

Step 2:

Choose a 4 digit hex number and put it next to itself. For this example I will use ABCD so next to itself would be ABCDABCD. 

Step 3:

Now we need to take both hexadecimal numbers from step 1 and 2 and XOR them so it will be 499602D2 XOR ABCDABCD. You can find a XOR calculator online.

So 499602D2 XOR ABCDABCD is E25BA91F. 

Step 4:

Decrease  the last number (0-9) or letter (A-F) of step 3 by 1 so E25BA91F becomes E25BA91E.

Step 5: Use the result of step 4 as your PID

 

126911407_eg3.png.c4f27777b2197994601111aed60fb843.png

 

Edited by xXAquaNightXx
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Easy method: Control click the shiny button to get Xor 1. Holding Ctrl+Alt will change the SID instead of PID, if that's how you'd rather do it.

LOL yea I guess this is the easiest way of doing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear @Fasto, please learn how to search, and how to read, please ><

As you see, this thread posted 18 hours ago have the steps here.
(and in regards to "how you tried searching around", this thread isn't even posted past the 24 hour mark [at time of writing]. You can't blame me for thinking you didn't search hard enough)

If you still don't understand either solution, I suggest you not try it;
not understanding either would suggest your technical level is not up to par, and you'll need even a small amount of technical skill (as well as ability to read and comprehend stuff) to use PKHeX and CFW related stuff properly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Dear @Fasto, please learn how to search, and how to read, please ><

As you see, this thread posted 18 hours ago have the steps here.
(and in regards to "how you tried searching around", this thread isn't even posted past the 24 hour mark [at time of writing]. You can't blame me for thinking you didn't search hard enough)

If you still don't understand either solution, I suggest you not try it;
not understanding either would suggest your technical level is not up to par, and you'll need even a small amount of technical skill (as well as ability to read and comprehend stuff) to use PKHeX and CFW related stuff properly.

 

Just seen this, ty. can disregard my topic

Edited by Fasto
Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried with all my legit caught legendary like articuno and make sure XOR =1 still show invalid static encounters shiny mismatch 

also Glastrier give illegal for met location even I put the right location 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Shinwg said:

I tried with all my legit caught legendary like articuno and make sure XOR =1 still show invalid static encounters shiny mismatch 

also Glastrier give illegal for met location even I put the right location 

If you are referring to Galarian Articuno then the issue is it is shiny locked same with Glastrier. The methods outlined in the OP are only for Pokémon obtained during Dynamax Adventure mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shinwg said:

I tried with all my legit caught legendary like articuno and make sure XOR =1 still show invalid static encounters shiny mismatch 

also Glastrier give illegal for met location even I put the right location 

All galarian birds, calyrex and the horses are shiny locked

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poke J said:

If you are referring to Galarian Articuno then the issue is it is shiny locked same with Glastrier. The methods outlined in the OP are only for Pokémon obtained during Dynamax Adventure mode.

The horse I am talking about the location I know is shiny locked .

for the shiny birds was example even the suicune I caught give me error and Yvettel same thing 

Link to post
Share on other sites

(this is the least wordy way that I could express this so sorry for the vomit of words...)

I know from the Live RAM Edit/Cheat Code community that the memory address used to return the Shiny-status result to the memory sector which handles generating all Pokémon is NOT the same for the Dynamax Adventure Pokémon. The function is clearly returning the result to a memory address in that sector exclusively for the Dynamax Adventure Pokémon.

It also has been confirmed that the game does dynamically assign a SEED to calculate all the attributes (excluding the Shiny-status) or that's my understanding from the RNG Manipulation community who is avoiding the conversation because it requires tools (like the update coming to Capture Sight to be able to hunt.)

This leads me back to the original Raid Pokémon whose original SEED could be determined (with the Raid Plug-In) in PKHeX. Cheated or edited Pokémon under this circumstance are clearly illegal Pokémon but due to the sheer CPU/GPU horse power required, there's no way a program like PKHeX could perform that level of a legality check on load. This means these types of illegal Pokémon may always get the Green Checkmark in tools like it.

@Kaphotics does bring up an important point... none of the Shiny Dynamax Adventure Pokémon that I have caught so far have had anything but a XOR=1 value.

TLDR: Do we know 100% that the PID generation function for Shiny Dynamax Adventure Pokémon is either the exact same function as for all other mons OR a renamed copy & paste of that same function???

Pokémon Home is slowly implimenting more and more Legality features into it's code. I am just curious if one day we could do a reverse check to find out that a specific Shiny PID was impossible for Adventure mons (simular as to how we can with existing Raid mons.) Will GameFreak flip a Switch on the servers and bam! these edited mons turn into that illegal Egg.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xyphoseos said:

Sorry if I missed the information, can this pokemon be shiny square ? If yes, how to do with PKHeX ?

Square shiny can only be xor=0
Dynamax Adventures can only be xor=1.

That should be enough information for you to derive the answer :3

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TiffanyDarlet said:

sooo at the end dynamax adventure legendary can only be star shiny wich is fair enough.

There was announcement earlier this year I believe it was tied to the Shiny Zerora or Celebi that Event Pokémon Shiny's going forward would ONLY be Square. Since this announcement was before the Crown Tundra's development was most likely not finished, it would make perfect sense that they would restrict Legendary Pokémon in-game to only being available in Stars... to help make the Squares feel special.

(Which I love as a competitor who hates Squares... cause they make zero logical sense... and because Mythics are always barred from real competitions, I prefer this stance.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AliceTheAlice said:

There was announcement earlier this year I believe it was tied to the Shiny Zerora or Celebi that Event Pokémon Shiny's going forward would ONLY be Square. Since this announcement was before the Crown Tundra's development was most likely not finished, it would make perfect sense that they would restrict Legendary Pokémon in-game to only being available in Stars... to help make the Squares feel special.

(Which I love as a competitor who hates Squares... cause they make zero logical sense... and because Mythics are always barred from real competitions, I prefer this stance.)

To be fair, SWSH has treated any shinies with fateful encounter to be Square (regardless of actual PID) long before the aforementioned events were released, so it isn't anything special.

To add on, forced shinies from Raids were locked to Squares, so in some sense getting the locked species in Star Shiny were actually more special (on the basis of lower rates compared to forced shiny).

Well, to each their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

To be fair, SWSH has treated any shinies with fateful encounter to be Square (regardless of actual PID) long before the aforementioned events were released, so it isn't anything special.

To add on, forced shinies from Raids were locked to Squares, so in some sense getting the locked species in Star Shiny were actually more special (on the basis of lower rates compared to forced shiny).

The consideration to your point @theSLAYERis that the original design of the game was for Square to be "special." There was never a flag added to the Raids for forced Shiny Stars. The Promoted Raid Shiny were also considered to be special. On paper the Squares are the more special of the two. However, due to poor coding, the opposite ended up being the case.

GameFreak clearly missed the programming oversight which led to Squares being the more common of the two Shiny types in the overworld... and I highly doubt that GameFreak could predict that suspending the monitoring of the system clock for Frame Advancement to improve connectivity would open up the game to RNG abuse. (These were minor oversights.)

The majority of these 1% forced Shiny in Promoted Raids were only available during the weekend window events... if Frame Advancement was impossible: only 1% of people would had been lucky enough to end up with a Promoted Shiny Raid.

I would call 1% of the player base during a promotional event... is rare... & therefore: special.

It's us the player base that removed the specialness of the Squares via RNG Manip!

Edited by AliceTheAlice
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

There was never a flag added to the Raids for forced Shiny Stars

Yes you are right: the flag doesn't force star shinies. The same byte appears in standard event raids, as well as Dynamax crystal raids (tho it has yet to be used as this point)

For my example earlier, I was referring to event raids, tho I suspect a similar mechanism also exists for standard den raids (I need to check back on the shiny byte in pkNX).
Besides the fact that I've tested the byte for event raids, there's also wild area events that proves the point: recall the forced Shiny Magikarp, Shiny Clefable, Shiny Gourgeist, there were all forced square shiny.

It appears they don't have a byte to switch between Square and Star shiny.
The forced shinies results in squares. (as seen under shiny status)

Ultimately, without going into the argument of "which shiny is more special", because that is subjective (i.e. depends on the eye of the beholder), it is a fact that Dynamax Adventure shinies are locked to XOR=1. If you want square shinies, just import the mon from a previous gen. Pokemon from past/other games typically can be Square or Star, with the exception of Shinies from PGO; certain code in the game forces any shiny from PGO to appear Square, just like Fateful Encounters.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...