Jump to content

Pokemon Sword (and Shield) crashed after loading a save


Recommended Posts

Hi, yesterday I backed up my save file and I was in CoT, right after the train station.
I added some balls and money on the save file, and bringed back on the switch.
After I loaded the save file form JKSV, I launched Pokemon Sword (and Shield), but both games crashed.

I've tried to load up a save file of someone else, but it still crashes.
Thanks in advice

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried re-injecting the save you had prior the modifications (a backed up one) ? What happends when you try to put the save in pkhex again (the one that is crashing) ?

Could be tied to many things, are your games running under 1.3.0 ? is your SD card exfat or fat32 ? are your homebrews (both HBmenu & JKSV) updated ?

I've been using JKSV quite a lot since 1.3.0 release some days ago, haven't got any issue so far, I could give you my save to test if you wanna test it, may also happends if your game is running under a lower version than 1.3.0 and if you tried to add something that's coming from 1.3.0 and therefore shouldn't be on your save.

If you think it's coming from JKSV, then give Checkpoint a shot.

Edited by xddhgze
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks both of you for the replies.
 

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

the game crashed, not frozen at black screen, but crashed.

If so, go to your system settings or whatever and recheck the data.
Also move the data to the device's nand instead of your SD card. Maybe your SD card is dying.

Yea it crashes. I will do a recheck of the data, but how can i move the data on the device's nand?

 

32 minutes ago, xddhgze said:

Have you tried re-injecting the save you had prior the modifications (a backed up one) ? What happends when you try to put the save in pkhex again (the one that is crashing) ?

Could be tied to many things, are your games running under 1.3.0 ? is your SD card exfat or fat32 ? are your homebrews (both HBmenu & JKSV) updated ?

I've been using JKSV quite a lot since 1.3.0 release some days ago, haven't got any issue so far, I could give you my save to test if you wanna test it, may also happends if your game is running under a lower version than 1.3.0 and if you tried to add something that's coming from 1.3.0 and therefore shouldn't be on your save.

If you think it's coming from JKSV, then give Checkpoint a shot.

I've tried to inject an old one, but still crashing. Pkhex doesn't give any errors.
I'm playing on a banned switch, so i cannot connect to the internet to update the game (i'm playing on 1.2.1)
My SD is fat32, all the applications are updated

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, abonfi said:

Yea it crashes. I will do a recheck of the data, but how can i move the data on the device's nand?

one of the settings in system settings.

Data Management > Move Data Between Console/microSD card

3 minutes ago, abonfi said:

I've tried to inject an old one, but still crashing. Pkhex doesn't give any errors.
I'm playing on a banned switch, so i cannot connect to the internet to update the game (i'm playing on 1.2.1)
My SD is fat32, all the applications are updated

Being banned shouldn't affect you whether the game crashes.
If the game integrity check turned out okay, could be your SD card.

But who knows really. Try creating a new profile and starting a new game, see if that launches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

one of the settings in system settings.

Data Management > Move Data Between Console/microSD card

Being banned shouldn't affect you whether the game crashes.
If the game integrity check turned out okay, could be your SD card.

But who knows really. Try creating a new profile and starting a new game, see if that launches.

Move the data, but now I can't even starte the game (i just updated it to 1.3.0). The switch asks me to "verify the game" and i get the error 2154-0107

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, abonfi said:

Move the data, but now I can't even starte the game (i just updated it to 1.3.0). The switch asks me to "verify the game" and i get the error 2154-0107

 

Is this your primary Switch. If so you may need to downgrade or something. Who knows.
Never had a Banned Switch, so don't really know the ins and outs of it.

Basically if it was a cart, it should have been playable straight away. I imagine v1.0.0 of the game, even if digital, shouldn't be too different, if on the primary Switch

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Is this your primary Switch. If so you may need to downgrade or something. Who knows.
Never had a Banned Switch, so don't really know the ins and outs of it.

Basically if it was a cart, it should have been playable straight away. I imagine v1.0.0 of the game, even if digital, shouldn't be too different, if on the primary Switch

yes is my primary and i dont have the cardrige, and i never get prompted to update it (cause i get errors)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm under the impression you were banned before the update, and probably installed the update via other means. If that is the case, remove the update and try again.

If that isn't the case, then I'm out of ideas.

yea it was before the update. So i just uninstall the update and i can play normally?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abonfi said:

yea it was before the update. So i just uninstall the update and i can play normally?

I don't know if that will help, but we gotta narrow down the issue.

Did it stop working after the update. Or did it stop working, then you installed the update?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I don't know if that will help, but we gotta narrow down the issue.

Did it stop working after the update. Or did it stop working, then you installed the update?

It stopped mid way, lemme try to be clear: i was playing Pokemon, then i used jksv to make a backup, i moved the save file to my pc (and added some balls and $$), moved the file back on the switch, CRASH (but still on 1.2.1).

Now i'm trying to updating the game, but i keep getting verify game/damaged files (and idk how to fix)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you remove the v1.3 update, would you revert to 1.2.1?

I think you've made it more complicated than it should be.
If 1.2.1 was the issue, then should have worked to resolve the issue on that.

Also, I doubt it's the saving injecting and exporting, since every save is the issue.
Tho, to be sure, the save name is main, and not anything else right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If you remove the v1.3 update, would you revert to 1.2.1?

I think you've made it more complicated than it should be.
If 1.2.1 was the issue, then should have worked to resolve the issue on that.

Also, I doubt it's the saving injecting and exporting, since every save is the issue.
Tho, to be sure, the save name is main, and not anything else right?

I thought that updating the game was the right thing to do, but (as you said) i just messed up (right now i can't even play).
And yes the name of the save is "main"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Previously, trying Checkpoint might have helped (if JKSV was the issue), but since you did an unnecessary update via alternate means, no idea what is messed up.

Are you able to revert to 1.2.1?

If you revert to 1.0.0, almost certain your present save won't work.
Tho if you had backups from back then, maybe could stitch stuff together..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theSLAYER said:

Previously, trying Checkpoint might have helped (if JKSV was the issue), but since you did an unnecessary update via alternate means, no idea what is messed up.

Are you able to revert to 1.2.1?

If you revert to 1.0.0, almost certain your present save won't work.
Tho if you had backups from back then, maybe could stitch stuff together..

I reverted to 1.2.1 but it keep saying "need to verify".
At this point i dont know if i shoul re doing the homebrew

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abonfi said:

I reverted to 1.2.1 but it keep saying "need to verify".
At this point i dont know if i shoul re doing the homebrew

 

the problem is your game also isn't physical.

I'm afraid if you revert all the way, you'll still need to verify.
Else, I'll recommend going 1.0.0 as the last option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

the problem is your game also isn't physical.

I'm afraid if you revert all the way, you'll still need to verify.
Else, I'll recommend going 1.0.0 as the last option.

So i will revert to 1.0.0 then?
And if i keep getting the "need to verify" thing?

Is there a way to fix it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, abonfi said:

So i will revert to 1.0.0 then?
And if i keep getting the "need to verify" thing?

Is there a way to fix it?

that is beyond me.
that sounds like a general "banned switch" question, as opposed to a pokemon question.

I'm not telling you to revert to 1.0.0, cause I feel as tho the "need to verify" thing may still be there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theSLAYER said:

that is beyond me.
that sounds like a general "banned switch" question, as opposed to a pokemon question.

I'm not telling you to revert to 1.0.0, cause I feel as tho the "need to verify" thing may still be there.

well it started as a pkhex question, but then as xddhgze said i need to be at 1.3.0

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, abonfi said:

well it started as a pkhex question, but then as xddhgze said i need to be at 1.3.0

from what I see above, xddhgze didn't tell you to go to 1.3.0
xddhgze told you to try checkpoint.

 

While 1.3.0 was being discussed, the main line is

Quote

may also happends if your game is running under a lower version than 1.3.0 and if you tried to add something that's coming from 1.3.0 and therefore shouldn't be on your save.

However since this wasn't your issue, you should have tested checkpoint.

In any case, not pointing fingers, but you may want to google your need to verify issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

from what I see above, xddhgze didn't tell you to go to 1.3.0
xddhgze told you to try checkpoint.

 

While 1.3.0 was being discussed, the main line is

However since this wasn't your issue, you should have tested checkpoint.

In any case, not pointing fingers, but you may want to google your need to verify issue.

I'll try, thanks for the help.
In any case i'm doing a big wipe and re-do the homebrew, hoping this will fix all the issues (from the save to the game itself)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theSLAYER said:

tho I guess you're at the stage where anything goes XD

Last stage before raging 🤣
I will do a wipe then starting all over again (with the game as well, i will try version per version, till i find the one that works).
If i cant use my save file, i will start the game all over as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, abonfi said:

Last stage before raging 🤣
I will do a wipe then starting all over again (with the game as well, i will try version per version, till i find the one that works).
If i cant use my save file, i will start the game all over as well

well, I hope you find a solution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...