Making Shiny Max Lair Legendaries

Hello, it's me!

Something interesting about the dynamax adventures legendary pokemon (what I think you are referring to) are the odds. They are pretty broken. The odds are affected by the shiny charm. The odds are;

1/300 w/o charm : 4/300 or 1/75 total chance for a shiny in the raid.

1/100 with charm : 4/100 or 1/25 total chance for a shiny in the raid.

|| Mod edit: I've stuck out the invalid shiny chance. That's not how probability works ||

All pokemon you encounter have their own shiny chance INCLUDING LEGENDARY POKEMON. You do not know the odds until the adventure is over at the take home pokemon screen. NOTE: you only get ONE legendary caught per save.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/dynamaxadventures.shtml

2 hours ago, Urt1 said:

Something interesting about the dynamax adventures legendary pokemon (what I think you are referring to) are the odds. They are pretty broken. The odds are affected by the shiny charm. The odds are;

1/300 w/o charm : 4/300 or 1/75 total chance for a shiny in the raid.

1/100 with charm : 4/100 or 1/25 total chance for a shiny in the raid.

All pokemon you encounter have their own shiny chance INCLUDING LEGENDARY POKEMON. You do not know the odds until the adventure is over at the take home pokemon screen. NOTE: you only get ONE legendary caught per save.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/dynamaxadventures.shtml

I grabbed 1 legendary legal,  duplicate, change pokemon and moves, it became legal. 

I've been trying to make shiny max lair ultra beasts, I can do so with the normal legendary pokemon, but each time I get the  static encounter shiny mismatch error.  Is that just a current bug in the system that.   I read above and tried shuffling for a working PID, but it was all for not over the course of 10 minutes.  Is that just an issue with the current system where it requires the pkhex to be able to choose the right PID for max lair as the meeting location or is there any other way besides shuffling the PID's?

Thank you

32 minutes ago, Jrmobia said:

I've been trying to make shiny max lair ultra beasts, I can do so with the normal legendary pokemon, but each time I get the  static encounter shiny mismatch error.  Is that just a current bug in the system that.   I read above and tried shuffling for a working PID, but it was all for not over the course of 10 minutes.  Is that just an issue with the current system where it requires the pkhex to be able to choose the right PID for max lair as the meeting location or is there any other way besides shuffling the PID's?

Thank you

Wich ones do you need?

2 hours ago, jackio said:

Wich ones do you need?

I was honestly just going though and was going to make a library of all of the legends and UBs pokemon from the max lair, ive even checked somebody elses files and they are coming up bad as well.  For some reason, the other legends are fine.  I have one ub that looks good now, but the others still have errors.

Oh well never mind, I started to get a bunch of them, rerolls just weren't working in my favor I guess.

46 minutes ago, Jrmobia said:

I was honestly just going though and was going to make a library of all of the legends and UBs pokemon from the max lair, ive even checked somebody elses files and they are coming up bad as well.  For some reason, the other legends are fine.  I have one ub that looks good now, but the others still have errors.

Oh well never mind, I started to get a bunch of them, rerolls just weren't working in my favor I guess.

image.png

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Smithers said:

It's happening with every Legendary and Ultra Beast from the Dynamax Adventures.

Articuno (Kanto), Zapdos (Kanto), Moltres (Kanto), Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Rayquaza, Uzie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, both forms of Giratina, Cresselia, both forms of Landorus, Kyurem, Zygarde 50% and 10%, Tapu Coco, Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Tapu Bulu, Ho-oh, Latios, Groudon, Solgaleo, Xerneas, Reshiram, both forms of Tornadus, Dialga, Palkia, both forms of Thunderus, Zekrom, Yveltal, Lunala, Kyogre, Latias, Lugia, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Stakataka and Blacephalon.

I load it in from the encounter database, so it's all legal then. Soon as I hit the shiny button it becomes illegal and tells me 'Invalid: Static Encounter shiny mismatch.'

To you and whoever is having an issue comprehending how the game registers the shiny legendaries let me try and clarify a bit. For starters, lets talk about the PID. On the very first screen of PKHex, there is an option to create the pokemon Shiny and next to that is the pokemons PID. To the right of the PID, is an option to reroll the PID. The game only allows the dynamax adventure Legendary pokemon to be forced shiny with a value of XOR = 1. So what you have to do is keep rerolling the Shiny PID until you have a XOR = 1 value. I should also note, they must be Star Shiny, not the Square shiny.

Example:

Xor = 6 Value flagged as incorrect

https://i.imgur.com/80SuNBT.png

Xor = 1 Value is the only one the game accepts.

https://i.imgur.com/gZUALcX.png

Thanks guys, I had never encountered this before so didn't know that it wasn't an issue with PKHeX and I've been doing this for over 7 months haha. The Xor part of the PID is new to me. I had tried multiple rerolls without any luck. Got it working now, thank you.

1 hour ago, abk14459 said:

Do they appear star shiny in the game once they're set to star shiny? I'm wondering if the square shinies that were transferred from previous gens are rarer than these star shinies. 

they can only be star, and they appear as star.

29 minutes ago, MidstOfExile said:

Every time I change the last letter or number and it accepts it (Square) and then I drag it to the box, it goes back to normal.

did you not set the mon into a box

• 11 months later...