Trying to trade between a hacked switch and clean one

Twisterfantasy

Hey all. I'm trying to local trade between a hacked emumc switch and a legit switch so I can trade my pkhex pokemon to my normal save. The problem is that the two switches don't find each on the local trade. The name tag pops up but the trade doesn't initiate. Both games are on the crown tundra update. Can anybody help?

Had the same problem when I started doing it, I was using the same legit game on the same profile but on 2 different switches, don't know if it could be the problem, but it eventually started working after disabling airplane mode without 90DNS/Incognito (which shouldn't impact LAN anyway) and after setting a trade password like 11111111 on both consoles.

Test it by setting a trade password on both console, same code, if consoles still can't reach eachothers, then try to mess up with your SD card like this dude did on this thread and got it work

If it's still not working, then maybe you could do something like transfering your save from your legit switch to CFW switch by using the menu's option to send your save to another system, modify the save and then send it back using the same process.

Edit : NVM you need internet in order to do that.

Good luck !

Edited by xddhgze

Thanks for the reply. From my understanding, that guy's post you linked says to backup and restore the save file from sys cfw. Wouldn't that run the risk off getting the cfw switch banned all together? If it didn't, I could just use the sys cfw checkpoint to just edit the file directly. I'll try to trade without 90DNS and Incognito to see if that works.

Edited by Twisterfantasy

1 hour ago, Twisterfantasy said:

Thanks for the reply. From my understanding, that guy's post you linked says to backup and restore the save file from sys cfw. Wouldn't that run the risk off getting the cfw switch banned all together? If it didn't, I could just use the sys cfw checkpoint to just edit the file directly. I'll try to trade without 90DNS and Incognito to see if that works.

It is risky indeed, I wouldn't do it, but if it's the only option, well there's nothing else to try, it's probably tied with some CFW issues, maybe tied to the type of bootloader you're using.

I'm not expert-enough for this, maybe it could be tied to the firmware version (like legit switch being 10.2.0 and CFW running on 9.x.x) I don't know, dudes on this thread came up with many possibilities and nothing worked but the final option.

If you've made it work, would be cool to share it so we'll know about it if somebody comes accross the same issue.

GL !

The last think you could try is either make a new profile on the CFWed switch and try to trade with a new save (and then copy all the data from pkhex to the profile's save) or even install the other version you don't have on it and try with it, cause this technique looks very risky.

18 minutes ago, xddhgze said:

The last think you could try is either make a new profile on the CFWed switch and try to trade with a new save (and then copy all the data from pkhex to the profile's save) or even install the other version you don't have on it and try with it, cause this technique looks very risky.

Yep i tried doing the first thing all ready lol. Made a new profile and save and tried to local trade no dice. I'm currently trying to download Shield to see if that would work.

Edited by Twisterfantasy