Pokémon SoothingSilver

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please update to the latest version if you were using 1.0.2, a pretty serious glitch was fixed. It uses the same download link

Introduction
Pokémon SoothingSilver is a QOL DS ROM hack of Pokémon SoulSilver. The main goal of the hack is to be somewhat close to Vanilla SoulSilver but with more variety, a bit more difficulty and quite a few new features (such as custom shinies and alolan forms) to hopefully give the player an even better experience without ruining the feeling of the original SoulSilver. The game is beatable, all the way to Mt. Silver!

Features

• Some Pokémon have been replaced by their Alolan forms, mainly for type variety, later on I'll release a patch for people who don't want this feature in the game.
  • Alolan forms have custom Pokédex entries!
  • All gen 1 & 2 Pokémon (apart from legendaries and fossil pokémon) are avaliable before beating the league, and most gen 3 & 4 pokémon aside from the sinnoh fossils, Spiritomb and some legendaries.
  • Lyra is replaced entirely by Kris!
  • Gold/ Kris will now act like a rival with new dialogue and a few battles throughout the game!
  • Variety. Remember back in the original SoulSilver when you would find a trainer with 5 Pidgeys or when you fought Lance and he had 3 Dragonites? That won't happen anymore, trainers will have more varied teams and Pokémon that didn't appear much previously, will do now.
  • Increased difficulty. All boss trainers have improved teams with better movesets and
    starting from the 4th gym all trainers will have increased levels. This means Kanto should be more of a challenge now! The difficulty is intended to be somewhere inbetween vanilla SoulSilver and StormSilver.
  • The Hack should work on flashcarts like the R4!
  • All Pokémon have their base stats updated to their Gen 6 stats.
  • Some Pokémon have slightly altered stats, typings, and movesets in order to make them more usable, to add more type variety or just because it makes sense. Examples include Dragon-Bug Yanmega, Beedrill having slightly higher stats and learning Megahorn at later levels. These changes aren't as drastic as other hacks like Project rebooted.
  • Some moves have been edited to be more usuable. Notably HMs are now actually better in battle so they don't hinder your Pokémon as much. For example Rock smash has increased pp and 100% chance to lower defense and Flash is now an electric type special move with 20 power, 95 accuracy, 100% chance lower accuracy and has priority.
  • Easier Evolution. If a Pokémon has an evolution/ pre evolution introduced in gen 3/4 it'll be avaliable pre league and all evo items can be obtained in new ways. In addition any evolutions will be possible without having to trade.
  • The type chart has been edited a little to help balance the game. Most notably Ice type is now immune to ice and resists water/ ground attacks
  • New overworld events!
  • Shiny rate increased from 1/8192 to 1/2048 (although it seems to be even higher than this!)
  • Some pokémon will have custom shiny palletes!
  • GB sounds from the start of the game
  • Game corner has changed prizes and cheaper prices
  • Early exp. share
  • Removed the catching tutorial
  • Repels and Max Repels now last slightly longer and Max Repels are cheaper
  • Some characters have their dialouge altered a little to be slightly more memorable or just to explain features like alolan forms
  • Plus more small features! I don't want to spoil everything :]

Screenshots

Squad.png.84e0b74e16a9426e18a4fd021f9628b6.png17ttzwadutb51.thumb.png.727f8c09b32c81880a5def31ff3b20fa.png2oxtbrg579c51.thumb.png.802239a088bdb24cf6460400f4af09bf.pngKogo.thumb.png.176b0d49fa9a432e66baf298726e4388.pngcv5ps1quttb51.thumb.png.3a78713dc50cbef41cc5062ba80b8247.pngk5h4bbfgutb51.thumb.png.75cc8df4514da1c2905577e14ffcb843.pngzaperfree.thumb.png.0373bb09260ef24adf91fc8f3ff4c40b.pngIce.thumb.png.56bc125521d821f6295e524ef8a26103.pngMolticuno.thumb.png.633c0b9070fbd1640a10135bb5cac790.png2088060316_Theboi.thumb.png.3a83097a2bc53c90fbb137465c35f72c.pngDiogo.thumb.png.267a376d49655c245ed24289011e6967.png

Grundoon.png.4b843432686ffa43774dffdf5fc5575b.png

762848944_version1.png.ef9338992c4eb4794cbccd053674e80b.png

1515544807_094SoothingSilver__22001.png.37d69d03449f3845d10ee9b962994bbf.png1643737372_096SoothingSilver__17077.png.3c8f1e0c0c2828a05a7efa7dd1b19a5c.png555337420_097SoothingSilver__8485.png.6719c6ac565e24102a0b8e1e10bc848b.png

Discord Server

If you want to ask me any questions, talk about the hack/ pokémon in general, get frequent updates on future versions, play with some pokémon discord bots and more then try joining the discord server! You can leave at any time, so what's stopping you?

https://discord.gg/rjtQmq2

Download

Keep in mind this is for the patch, I cannot provide you with a ROM file myself!

Drive download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p2zv1p-QQ9N0Rx2Vx-9GivPXJ3V8mMbp?usp=sharing

MEGA download link: https://mega.nz/folder/4Q4TGbZC#8MyZsz-1n1YznQhNIWM9LA

Credits

All the Kris sprites were added thanks to HiroTDK's KrisGold patch that can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonROMhacks/comments/3wxqp9/krisgold_in_heartgold_soulsilver_decapitalization/

The Alolan Form sprites come courtesy of the DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository found here https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368703

Thank you so much to DeadSkullzJr for helping me make the patch stable, getting the hack working on R4 and just generally fixing a few technical problems!

Thank you to Drayano for allowing me to use parts of his Kyogre/ Rayquaza script plus future legendary scripts!

And thank you to all of you who supported me or just played the BETA and kept my motivation up, couldn't have done it without you!

Future Updates

I still plan on releasing a few updates to add cool new features that I would love to have in the game such as new areas. However recently I began my second year of university. I had pretty much made this whole hack during my extended summer because of the corn virus, but now that Uni has resumed and is supposed to be much more difficult this year, the development of SoothingSilver will slow down drastically so I don't even have an expected release date for the next version. However I made sure to get version 1 out before I got too busy which is pretty much a finished experience. I may release a bug fix update soon but aside from that the next update will take a long time, so enjoy version 1 thank you so much again for all your support! Buh bye!

Edited by HighFrequencyOcelot
Big glitch fixed
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I downloaded Soothing Silver, currently playing on DS-Mume and enjoying a lot!

I wonder when all the legendaries will be available? One of the main reasons I play modified roms is to be able to find/train legendaries, so is there an estimation on when Soothing Silver will add all those precious to be obtainable? Thanks in advance =)

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2021 at 3:50 PM, k0l3 said:

Hi, I downloaded Soothing Silver, currently playing on DS-Mume and enjoying a lot!

I wonder when all the legendaries will be available? One of the main reasons I play modified roms is to be able to find/train legendaries, so is there an estimation on when Soothing Silver will add all those precious to be obtainable? Thanks in advance 😃

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I'm trying to get the next major update with all legendaries ready by around Christmas (could be a bit later) glad you've been enjoying the game though!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/11/2022 at 2:29 PM, colder said:

Hi, i have a problem, i'm trying to play it on twilight menu but it crashes when i open it

Sorry for the late replies, I don't check project pokemon often. Best way to reach me is on the discord server.

Twilightmenu can be pretty messy with this hack. Make sure you've patched correctly and are using the latest version of twilightmenu.

On 6/17/2022 at 10:24 PM, paille92 said:

Hi, I just found your topic and your hack rom. 

How you manage to have GB SOUNDS from the starts of the game ?? 

The rom seems really nice by the way ! 

Thanks very much, I used DSPRE for script editing, found the script where the players mom gives you the pokégear and added a couple of lines to give the gb sounds. 

As an example of an item giving script, this would essentially give the player a sacred ash.

SetVar 0x8004 0x1

SetVar 0x8005 0x1

CommonScript 0x7F1

End

On 7/18/2022 at 5:50 PM, call me k said:

are the trainers ev trained in this game? asking so i can know if i need to ev train also.

Not ev trained but IV trained

• 2 months later...