RNG abuse: Generating a valid PID for Legendary Pokemon in Emerald version

Khodor Salame32

Hello projectpokemon. I've tried the following programs; PokeFinder, RNG Reporter, and Windows Calculator to generate a legal shiny 6IV Adamant natured Rayquaza in Emerald version. However, I never ever get Adamant nature in the search results. Can you guys write a program that is capable of generating valid shiny 6IV PIDs of any specified nature? Should PKHeX also have a more sophisticated PID generator that allows users to specify the gender, nature, IVs, shininess, ability, and encounter slot for generation 3 and 4 Pokemon games? This would make it significantly easier for users to generate legal generation 3 and 4 Pokemon. Thank you and best wishes projectpokemon!

Edited by Khodor Salame32

• Khodor Salame32 changed the title to RNG abuse: Generating a valid PID for Legendary Pokemon in Emerald version
9 hours ago, Khodor Salame32 said:

to generate a legal shiny 6IV Adamant natured Rayquaza in Emerald version

Shininess aside,

There's no 6IV Adamant PID (by Method 1).
image.png

It is known that in Gen 3 and 4, for anything generated by the existing Methods (typically non-eggs), if you want flawless IVs, your choice of nature is real limited.

If you want Adamant, it cannot be Flawless. So there's your initial problem right there: you wanted something impossible (to be legal)

[and IIRC, it has to be Method 1. Rayquaza in Gen 3 is Method 1]

Can you guys write a program that is capable of generating valid shiny 6IV PIDs of any specified nature?

No, those programs work fine. Once again, the problem is with what you wanted. (and maybe by extension, the problem was with you not knowing that not every non-egg's nature can be flawless :/ )

Should PKHeX also have a more sophisticated PID generator that allows users to specify the gender, nature, IVs, shininess, ability, and encounter slot for generation 3 and 4 Pokemon games?

It would be a nice QOL change, but ultimately unnecessary.
The other programs work just fine. If users can screw that up, then even if PKHeX were to import that functionality, users would screw it up on PKHeX too.

This would make it significantly easier for users to generate legal generation 3 and 4 Pokemon.

While potentially being true, coupled with my previous point, I would also imagine that it would be too much effort to bring such a change to life, when there are so many other things the devs can spend their time and effort on.

edit: anyhow, if your goal was to use it in Gen 7 or Gen 8, specific nature and perfect IVs isn't necessary.
Gen 7: Can Hyper Train
Gen 8: Nature Mint and Hyper Train
:3