Gen 1 Yoshira Event Mew

mypokepop

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on this site! 

I have a question regarding the Gen 1 Event Mew that was distributed in the United States from December 8th-12th in 1999 through Toys R US (RIP). If you want to know more about it, *snipped by mod, discussion pertaining to obtaining ROMs not allowed*

Over the past few months, I've been trying to figure out a way to figure out a way to extract the Mew from the Yoshira ROM and put it into either a Gen 1 game, or Pokemon Sword/Shield. I tried using PKHEX, but it doesn't look like there's any data to support this event Mew specifically. 

Anyway, my question is whether or not there are plans to add data to PKHEX so that I can have a legit Gen 1 event Mew in the latest games, and even in my own copy of Pokemon Red. 

P.S. I'm a small YouTuber and I plan on making a video out of this project a soon as I can figure out a solution for my conundrum. I'll be crediting the person who saved the Mew event data from the original distribution cart, and whoever else helps me find a solution! 

Thank you so much!

PK1 files for this Mew and some others are available in the Event Gallery https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/category/75-english/

But how could you have a legal Gen 1 event Mew in Gen 8 when there is no legal way to transfer from Gen 1 to Gen 8?

This Mew was only legally available for cartridge versions of Gen 1 & 2, however you are only able to transfer Pokemon from the Virtual Console to Gen 8. Since there is no official way to get your save from the cart to the VC this Mew will never be legal on Gen 8.

• Like 1

In fact it seems like Mew is the only one to not be transferable due to the event not being reintroduced while Celebi was. Some Pokemon with certain egg moves (like odd egg lucky punch Pokemon) can be transferred as long as it has forgotten those moves. I'm unsure of event moves like surfing Pikachu. If you have a physical cartridge you can buy a device to transfer that data to the VC version before the battery dies. We should all already know what happens then. Hope this helps with further questions.

Edited by Urt1
Error in sentence
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
52 minutes ago, mypokepop said:

Thanks for help everyone! I think I'll just focus on trying to get the save file into an EZ Flash Cart or something, and then possibly into a catridge/VC version of Pokemon Red.

If you don't care about legality, that can probably work.
If you care about legality, well it won't be legal.

As @theSLAYER said you can't have a legal 1st gen cart Mew in gen 8.

But you can have a legit VC 1st gen Mew in gen 8. You can import this VC event Mew in your 3DS VC 1st/2nd gen game and then use Bank+HOME to transfer it in gen 8.

(It exists also a dumped 3DS cia of VC Mew distribution rom, that you can use in a 2nd 3DS to transfer a legit VC Mew event in a VC 1st/2nd gen game).

On 3/25/2021 at 5:14 AM, theSLAYER said:

If you don't care about legality, that can probably work.
If you care about legality, well it won't be legal.

yeah I kind of care about legality unfortunately. It wouldn't really feel like a victory for me if I decided to just transfer it in like that. I think I'll start with trying to inject the YOSHIHIRA.sav file into a VC of Red/Blue/Yellow 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:55 AM, AlamosIT said:

As @theSLAYER said you can't have a legal 1st gen cart Mew in gen 8.

But you can have a legit VC 1st gen Mew in gen 8. You can import this VC event Mew in your 3DS VC 1st/2nd gen game and then use Bank+HOME to transfer it in gen 8.

(It exists also a dumped 3DS cia of VC Mew distribution rom, that you can use in a 2nd 3DS to transfer a legit VC Mew event in a VC 1st/2nd gen game).

Thanks for the info! I might do that for fun later but I'm hyper focused on trying to get the YOSHIRA event Mew out of the sav file and into a VC version of Red/Blue/Yellow so I can have as legit copy somewhere.

On 10/3/2020 at 9:23 AM, Urt1 said:

In fact it seems like Mew is the only one to not be transferable due to the event not being reintroduced while Celebi was. Some Pokemon with certain egg moves (like odd egg lucky punch Pokemon) can be transferred as long as it has forgotten those moves. I'm unsure of event moves like surfing Pikachu. If you have a physical cartridge you can buy a device to transfer that data to the VC version before the battery dies. We should all already know what happens then. Hope this helps with further questions.

The save file I have is the YOSHIRA.sav file that was originally extracted from a legit GameStop distribution cartridge before the battery died. Right now, I'm trying to find out how to bring the event Mews from that save file over to a VC of the game. Do you have any recommendations as to what device I should get? I have an EZ Flash Cart but I'm unable to access the menu when I turn on my Gameboy color. 

On 10/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, theSLAYER said:

There is no legal way to transfer from cart to VC.

As a result, such a Mew cannot be legally transferred up to the recent games, and the Transporter takes that into account.

Can I at least get the event Mew into a VC version of Red/Blue/Yellow? It would be nice just to have a legit Gen 1 event Mew from way back when in a Gen 1 game.

Hey, please stop multiposting. You can quote multiple people in a single post. :3
I've merged all the posts.

42 minutes ago, mypokepop said:

yeah I kind of care about legality unfortunately. It wouldn't really feel like a victory for me if I decided to just transfer it in like that. I think I'll start with trying to inject the YOSHIHIRA.sav file into a VC of Red/Blue/Yellow 

You understand that doesn't make it legal, right?

Besides, only GF Mew can be transferred up..

42 minutes ago, mypokepop said:

Can I at least get the event Mew into a VC version of Red/Blue/Yellow? It would be nice just to have a legit Gen 1 event Mew from way back when in a Gen 1 game.

You're using legit wrong. Look, you can inject whatever Mew you want, whether is it from a real life event or from a hack. Just know that it won't be legal. :/

• Like 1

Sorry everyone, I probably gave off the impression that I actually know much of anything about this. I'm just starting to learn about this stuff, so I apologize if I say stuff that's wrong. Thank you for your time and patience. I managed to inject the save file into my VC copy of Red. 

Also, I'm brand spanking new to posting on any kind of forum. I apologize for breaking rules. I read through the rules before posting, but I guess I didn't get a full enough understanding of everything. This is all just very overwhelming and new to me. I appreciate the help and info though. Feel free to archive this post now!

Ok, so if you want a VC save file with YOSHIRA Mew and YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT LEGALITY, you need:

• A modded 3DS with VC game installed
  • A PC with PKHeX

If you want to completely replace your save file with the original SAV dumped from the original cartridge they used in 1999, full of all the YOSHIRA Mews, you have to:

1. Use Checkpoint to dump a copy of your actual save file (you can follow this guide).
  2. Insert your SD card into PC and find /3ds/Checkpoint/saves/(your game)/(your save slot)
  3. Make a backup of (your save slot) folder in a safe place.
  4. Download the YOSHIRA SAV
  5. Open YOSHIRA.sav with PKHeX and export it with the name "sav.dat"
  6. Replace "sav.dat" file in the (your save slot) folder on your SD card
  7. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  8. Restore the save file with Checkpoint

If instead you want a single YOSHIRA Mew in your actual save file, you have to:

1. Use Checkpoint to dump a copy of your actual save file (you can follow this guide).
  2. Insert your SD card into PC and find /3ds/Checkpoint/saves/(your game)/(your save slot)
  3. Make a backup of (your save slot) folder in a safe place.
  4. Download your single Mew
  5. Open your original "sav.dat" file with PKHeX
  6. Drag and drop the Mew pk1 file in a Box
  7. Export your save file (always with the name "sav.dat") and replace the original one in the (your save slot) folder on your SD card
  8. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  9. Restore the save file with Checkpoint

OBV YOU COULDN'T TRANSFER THIS MEW IN GEN 7/8

• Like 2