SWSH: Input file size too large.

FurTheHorde

Coming back to modify and add some 'mons after the first DLC update, I waited until the latest version of PKHEX was out to do so. Currently using the one in which it starts with a blank Zarude.

However it will not let me open my save file, with the following error message. I have been following the same steps to back up said save using Checkpoint as last time.

3b5f6945fb31e306f11f96cb9c423923e8d9aa5b

Both main and backup files are included for reference. Is there something I'm possibly missing? Any advice is deeply appreciated. Thank you!

honeyshield.zip

15 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

Both the main and the backup file are loading fine in my PKHeX instance.

Be sure to update the program to the latest version: 

If you want you can also use the Dev build:

Perhaps I should have clarified. The instance that is loading is one that is said to be edited in December of 2019. I have since progressed much further in the game and have completed the first DLC campaign.

The two in my party should be these guys.

919b8099e94462099e75f3e7d90d39a49c9f98d9

...NOT League winning team. (Umbreon, Ninetales, Dragapult etc)

Edited by FurTheHorde

32 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm confused, so you didn't send us the saves that isn't working?

image.png

Both backup and main isn't showing 2-man party. What's the point then?

Those...are the ones that aren't working? They aren't supposed to display that. They're supposed to display my saved game as the last time I saved it. Which is the 2-man party. Therefore it's NOT working right.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Let me proceed ask you this:

Are you using Emunand?
Are you trying to use CFW/Emunand to dump your saves from OFW/Sysnand?

I believe so. I'm not 100% on terms/jargon but I do know that if I launch the homebrew thing to allow me to use Checkpoint and attempt to select Sysnand rather than Emunand it won't let me proceed.

It may seem like jargon you don't need to pay attention to, but it's really important.
OFW - Official firmware, CFW - Custom firmware.

So to help me better understand the situation:
1. When you load up the Switch, do you get an option to do OFW or CFW?
2. If there is such an option (from Q1), do you usually play your game on OFW?

So does that mean if you wanna back up your save, your specifically get into CFW?

For clarification, attempt to "perform normal play", then go to Settings >System, what does it say on current system version?

Also, you should have the save on your PC for the "file that isn't working".
Please send that our way, unless you are absolutely sure you've already sent it, then that means your PKHeX isn't updated.

You have a few issues on your hand, let's clear them one by one.

Yes. I've looked into the options hekate gives me and two of three are CFW. The last says "Stock (SYSNAND)."

Current version is 10.2.0

--

As for the version of PKHEX, I can't seem to get rid of the older version that wants to be used instead when I try and open my file.

0feffdfc116c1e82ce86b7b8bac15f3e73cdc622

Is there a way to properly uninstall the program? Because I'm wondering if the versions are conflicting. I've tried already to delete where the programs have been extracted to, and when attempting to delete via Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program, no version of PKHEX can be found.

Edited by FurTheHorde
Adding.

7 minutes ago, FurTheHorde said:

Yes. I've looked into the options hekate gives me and two of three are CFW. The last says "Stock (SYSNAND)."

Current version is 10.2.0

I meant the setting system of the Switch. Launch as you do normally, then check it.

3 minutes ago, FurTheHorde said:

I must be more confused than I thought, because I did go into system settings, unless you mean something else by The Setting System.

Okay, send me 2 screenshots.
1. When you launch normally
2. When you go into CFW

What I want (this image)
2020100217215800-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

This might seem like a long set of questions, but we're not even at the main issue yet.
I want to confirm the situation before I can get to my diagnosis.

You have your save file in SysNand. SysNand and EmuMMC are two separate partitions.

To backup your current save file, you need to go to CFW (SYSNAND), and dump the save with checkpoint from here.

Be careful to not install app/games into SysNand, a ban from the online services may occur otherwise.

I wanted both the same screenshot, but both loaded differently, tho I guess this is fine.

First problem: I'm guessing that you're using Checkpoint in CFW EmuMMC, to dump saves from OFW (Stock Sysnand).
You're not meant to be able to do that.
Your Sysnand and Emunand delinked. You should remake emunand.

Second problem: How are you transferring the save to your PC. No reason it wouldn't open in PKHeX if it is updated
I'm guessing it's via FTP, and your transfer method is ASCII instead of Binary.

OR, your PKHeX is not the latest stable build, hence why you couldn't open that save, and we could.

I'm sorry if this is a bad question to ask.

How to remake Emunand? I went and selected "create emuMMC," and it informed me that I haven't enough storage space currently.

Transfer method is through the SD card. Create save back up in Checkpoint, insert SD card into computer, open said backup save in PKHEX.

If you were transferring from SD card to PC, there is no reason for PKHeX to be unable to open the save.
Make sure you're on latest PKHeX.

Regarding remaking EmuMMC, you need to backup your SD card (store the contents somewhere on your computer), then reformat your SD card (so that it wipes our the existing EmuMMC partition, then remake it.

edit: if you don't mind CFW touching your Sysnand, you can just use Hekate (the image you sent) to enter CFW Sysnand. With that you can use checkpoint to dump your Sysnand save.

Note that you'll have to use this to dump and restore your saves going forward (if you decide to not remake EmuMMC)

Whatever you choose, all at your own risk.