Help about characteristic in PKheX

Atmosphaera

Hi guys, i need and help about the following pic. So it is about characteristic, If i want to have a determinated characteristic how i must do? I explain better my self. Well i notice that when i create pokemon with 6iv at 31 the characteristic change within 1 of the 6 (allert to sounds, mishievous, etc). So i wonder to know how i can choiche one of this six characteristic by having ever 6 iv at 31.

I hope explain it better becouse my eng is a quite crap xD

thanks in advance 

58 minutes ago, foohyfooh said:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Characteristic has information on the characteristics. Hopefully this can help.

No sorry i don't understand how i can modify the characteristic in PKHeX if in have in all 6 stats 31 iv... where i see the personality value?

Edited by Atmosphaera

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The characteristic depends on the IVs right, so simply don't have flawless IVs.
Also modify the PID (or EC, depending on generation)

I wanto to change the characteristic by myself having full 6 iv at 31. I don t know how to do becouse by modifing PID nothing happen...

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Have you tried doing this?image.png

Also, what characteristic you trying to get?

I'm trying to get allert to sound so in speed but i got takes plenty of siestas so in PS the first but i don t fine personality value on PKHex or encryption costant even on PKHeX

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Just use this EC/PID (depending on gen) 4D0961F9

In 7th gen not work but in 5th gen it work. So now can u explain me how i can understand how to do it by my self? Why it not work in all generation with PID? there is a guide about this?

thanks in advance?

Ps. PID is a personal number that change between pokemon and pokemon?

To clarify, it depends on the generation the Pokémon was caught in. You know which generation flips between EC and PID, yes?

All I did was just keep rerolling the EC in Pokémon SWSH on PKHeX, nothing special. It's something you could do on your own.

also, it helps that what you wanted appears on 31 IVs.
image.png

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

To clarify, it depends on the generation the Pokémon was caught in. You know which generation flips between EC and PID, yes?

All I did was just keep rerolling the EC in Pokémon SWSH on PKHeX, nothing special. It's something you could do on your own.

also, it helps that what you wanted appears on 31 IVs.
image.png

Well i know the PID is on all game (maybe i wrong) anyway on bulbapedia there is write PID for 4 and 5 gen and EC from 6 gen to 8. But i still don t understand how work on PKHeX for having in this case for example allert to sound. Sorry

On 10/1/2020 at 2:02 AM, Atmosphaera said:

But i still don t understand how work on PKHeX for having in this case for example allert to sound

Step 1: Use a mon caught on a Gen 8 game, on a gen 8 save
For simplicity sake: Use any above gen 3 save.
If the mon was caught in any games from Gen 3 - 5, reroll PID. (ignores valid PIDIV; if on non-hatch mon, will result in PID mismatch)
If the mon was caught in any game > Gen 5, reroll EC.

Step 2: Make sure the IVs you have will give you the characteristic (the bulbapedia table)
Step 3: Press This (for EC)
image.png

or this (for PID)
image.png

Once again, as said in step 1, whether you reroll PID or EC depends on the origin of the caught mon.

Step 4: Change to the Stats tab. Check what characteristic it is.
image.png

Step 5: If it is not what you want, repeat from step 3.

Alas, you got it!
image.png

This is pretty much as simple as I can make it. If you still don't understand, I suggest you don't do it.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Step 1: Use a mon caught on a Gen 8 game, on a gen 8 save
Step 2: Make sure the IVs you have will give you the characteristic
Step 3: Press This
image.png

Step 4: Check what characteristic it is.
image.png

Step 5: If it is not what you want, repeat from step 3.

Alas, you got it!
image.png

This is pretty much as simple as I can make it. If you still don't understand, I suggest you don't do it.

Can i do it in gen 7? becouse i can t have the data save of gen 8 on pkhex 

On 9/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, theSLAYER said:

you can do it with any mon and any gen (gen 3 onwards), just that I named Gen 8 for simplicity sake.
Just make sure you're rolling EC/PID correctly for the mon. Again, whether it's EC or PID depends on the generation the mon was caught in.

As i sayed im trying to get a specific cahractersitc on mon cought in gen 3 but i don t success. I press reroll a lot of time in PID but no way. How i should do?

I have latis shiny (but pid mismath but i don t care) and i want characteristc Somewhat vain and full 31 ivs nature timid.

Edited by Atmosphaera

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I need to see the IVs and know the characteristic, to ensure you are not screwing up even the basic parts.

I have latis shiny (but pid mismath but i don t care) and i want characteristc Somewhat vain and full 31 ivs nature timid.

23 minutes ago, Atmosphaera said:

i want characteristc Somewhat vain and full 31 ivs nature timid.

First, replying to your various claims on how you "press roll a lot of times", tried to reroll multiple times on RNGreporter etc.
image.png

There's only a few valid PIDs for 31 IVs, and only one can have Timid.
You should have seen that. Heck, there's a reason why I keep saying don't do flawless or near flawless IVs..

image.png

Given you wanted Somewhat vain, and have 31 IVs in Special Defense, it's a possible outcome.

Since you said you don't care about PID Mismatch, I did some rolls.
I got this within one roll, lol.

image.pngimage.png

and here's another one I got within 5 minutes.
image.pngimage.png

Just now, theSLAYER said:

First, going to how you "press roll a lot of times".
image.png

There's only a few valid PIDs for 31 IVs, and only one can have Timid.

image.png

You said you don't care about PID Mismatch..

I got this within one roll, lol.

image.pngimage.png

Depened about which pokemon u chose. I try with rayquaza and i got 3x characteristc different from latias. I try with regice and i got only 2 characteristics...

Literally the instructions here. If you can't understand it, then I suggest you don't attempt it.

If you could not comprehend the dumbed down instructions + images, I doubt anything I can say can get through :(

12 minutes ago, Atmosphaera said:

Well i don t understand why u don t believe in me. I am rerolling from 15 min and i got ever the same 3 characterstics, not more...

Also this doesn't answer my point on "Why don't you give it a try? Use the PIDs I obtained on your pokemon. "

I told you to take the PID generated, and use it on your mon.
I used it on a few mons with Flawless IVs, and they all became that characteristic..