Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It is hard to tell if your Mew is legal by just seeing the few information you provided. There is indeed a matching Mew in the download above, but that's not enough there are far more values that can't be seen ingame and could be wrong, like PID, met location, language, SID ...

The best way to find out if your Pokemon is legal is by loading your save file or the pk3 file into PKHeX. If you don't know how to use PKHeX check the following guides.
https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-gba-saves/
https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/using-pkhex/loading-and-saving-r28/

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackShark said:

It is hard to tell if your Mew is legal by just seeing the few information you provided. There is indeed a matching Mew in the download above, but that's not enough there are far more values that can't be seen ingame and could be wrong, like PID, met location, language, SID ...

The best way to find out if your Pokemon is legal is by loading your save file or the pk3 file into PKHeX. If you don't know how to use PKHeX check the following guides.
https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-gba-saves/
https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/using-pkhex/loading-and-saving-r28/

 

 

Thanks! What is the PID and SID of a legal one? I don't have the equipment needed for PKHeX and the MYSTRY Mew is on Pokemon Shield. Are there calculators that may use IVs and data that is visible in-game that could help find PID and SID?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackShark said:

It is hard to tell if your Mew is legal by just seeing the few information you provided. There is indeed a matching Mew in the download above, but that's not enough there are far more values that can't be seen ingame and could be wrong, like PID, met location, language, SID ...

The best way to find out if your Pokemon is legal is by loading your save file or the pk3 file into PKHeX. If you don't know how to use PKHeX check the following guides.
https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-gba-saves/
https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/using-pkhex/loading-and-saving-r28/

 

 

I found this IV to SID and PID calculator, https://sites.google.com/site/ivtopidapplet/home, is it accurate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PokemonPlayer64634 said:

Thanks! What is the PID and SID of a legal one? I don't have the equipment needed for PKHeX and the MYSTRY Mew is on Pokemon Shield. Are there calculators that may use IVs and data that is visible in-game that could help find PID and SID?

The SID should always be 00000 and there are 426 possible PIDs for MYSTRY Mew.

There are calculators that check which PIDs could be possible for a specific set of IVs, but event Pokemon used a different algorithm for PID generation and I'm not sure if any calculator supports it (the one you linked doesn't). Also you can't get the SID with a calculator, the SID you see in the calculator would make the Pokemon shiny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlackShark said:

The SID should always be 00000 and there are 426 possible PIDs for MYSTRY Mew.

There are calculators that check which PIDs could be possible for a specific set of IVs, but event Pokemon used a different algorithm for PID generation and I'm not sure if any calculator supports it (the one you linked doesn't). Also you can't get the SID with a calculator, the SID you see in the calculator would make the Pokemon shiny.

Is there a way to find out the PID/SID on the Nintendo Switch?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...