Player Name Offset Platinum?

Creqaw

I was looking into a way to change my rival's name in Platinum, and I came across this wiki page: 

I figured that since the character table link seems to be dead, I could just open the save in PKHeX, change the player name, open a hex editor, copy the data from the player name offset and insert it at the rival name offset.

However, I could not find the player name at offset 0x68 as indicated on the wiki, I did some more looking around and noticed that the player name was in fact at 0x40068.

Is it a typo on the wiki or am I missing something?

For now, I just copied the data from 0x40068 to 0x27E8 as indicated on the wiki but I am not sure if the rival name offset is correct. 

The game seems to boot normally, but I have no way of verifying whether the rival name change actually worked.

Can someone confirm what the correct player/rival name offsets are?

7 minutes ago, Creqaw said:

and noticed that the player name was in fact at 0x40068.

Looks like what you are observing is in the backup save.

It's likely that PKHeX only edits the bytes in only one save location, not both (normally you game only loads the most recent save).

If you want to check for it, try loading the edited save in-game, save twice, then load the new save into a hex editor.

If you look at other pages of saves in the same era (such as this; see the second paragraph), you'll discover that there's actually 2 saves block per save. The game actually keeps 2 saves, just in case you corrupt one, you can load the other.

Just now, Creqaw said:

Ohhh, I had no idea that there was a back-up save, it does explain why the name offset I found was +0x40000 of where the wiki stated it was.

Why would PKHeX edit the back-up save though?

Well, PKHeX probably edited into which version is the "latest".
I mean, to be frank, I'm used to the backup save being the one further in (+0x40000), but it's possible that for that instance, that is your latest save, and the backup starts at 0x0. Who knows at this point.