For people that own Action Replay DSI can now pokesav pokemon/events directly through the use of their sav file (requires .NET Framework 3.5) [Sadly not for HG/SS/B/W...]

Scarface

Ok im here to write a quick Tutorial for those of you that have the new Action Replay DSI

can now edit Pokemon events items etc from pokesav by loading your games sav file!

Does not require.NET Framework 3.5 has been tested Under 3.5 .NET FrameWorks i apologize for any confusion

Step 1: backup your sav file using action replay dsi and copy it to your computer

Step 2: download this sav file converter http://projectpokemon.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3917&d=1269701955

Step 3: Drag your .duc sav file onto ARDStoSAV.exe

Step 4:Load your .sav file that was created from the converter into Pokesav.

Note: the created sav file will be located in C: \ the main hard drive that your computer uses!

Step 5: after saving changes in Pokesav drag the edited .sav onto ARDStoSAV.exe and then just put the .duc file back onto your action replay and restore the save file and enjoy :)

[Edit by evandixon] To clear a bit of confusion, this will NOT back up saves for HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White. If you want to do that with an Action Replay, you must look here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?16601-How-to-Backup-Restore-your-retail-cartridge-save-file-(D-P-Pt-HG-SS-B-W-Nearly-any-other-DS-game)

[Edit again by evandixon]

With Megaupload shut down for piracy, legitimate files are gone as well. After a bit of digging in the forum, I found the original link for this program.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3917&d=1269701955

Edited by evandixon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scar from what i just saw... For the Pearl SAV you have to use Diamon/Pearl PokeSAV. Everything works fine with it.

Not forgetting to mention the you have to drag the .duc file so that the program can covert it to the main hard drive.

Edited by Mewtwo Ex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was weird My ARDSi's Ive got 3 of them now 2 of them don't work one of them can't have codes loaded into it and is not recognized by my dsi and the other one Doesn't recognize any game that is inserted into it. if anyone doesn't want to bother answering thats ok I have another one now and its working fine but if any one does know whats wrong and can answer please do so at the very least if I can fix them and maybe sell them

you can get an AR DSi online or at your local walmart, in pokesav you go into the edit pokemon section and next to where the Pokemons PID is located there is a button labled generate click on this and there is a check box labled shinycheck this if you want to make that pokemon shiny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't it be possible yet? I got as far as being able to put in the Game ID into the system but I don't know what the Game Code is exactly to make it completely legit. I think that's the missing piece in order to back up your save file.

Yeah, you'll need a Micro SD Card, but it CANT be a Micro SD HC Card (No bigger than 2GB or you wasted your money). (At least that's how it is with my AR, and if I use a bigger Card then it says there is no microsd card inserted)

I've been getting this set up with my AR Media Edition and DS Lite, which everyone tells me has the same save format. Looking at them they haven't changed much.

Works fine to back up Pokemon Diamond Onto my PC, and I can get it to open in an emulator and in Pokesav, but when I go to convert it back, and put it on my card, it won't let me choose that file for restore.

Trying to restore it after it has gone through pokesav and been converted back gives me "The Current game cartridge does not match the specified save file!"

Can't figure out what's wrong with it. If anyone has any suggestions, helpful anecdotes, or explanations on how to get the damn thing to recognize that my pokemon diamond save is a pokemon diamond save so i can put it back on my retail cart, that would be amazing.

~New Guy,

Darkholme.

Thanks for the tip, guess I'll go for it and be hope I don't get compatibility issues (don't really see why I would but I'm cautious when it comes to AR) :P

One other thing though... What do I need in order to get the save onto my PC? Some sort of Micro SD card reader or what?

The Action Replay DSI doesn't come with a separate microSD card reader. I just bought one. All I got was the AR itself, the software disc and a USB cable to plug it into the computer. Is the thing actually incapable of communicating between the computer and the inserted microSD card via the USB cable? Am I missing something?