Jump to content
PkHexBoi

Can you add cheats to Checkpoint?

Recommended Posts

Playing Crystal VC and a rare candy cheat would be great. But I don’t see a way to add cheats to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just assume that the user knows PKHeX is easier to use and all, but wants cheats to be on the fly for some reason, and can't use PKHeX on the go?

Given all of the user's posts about PKHeX and save dumping and what not, I'm sure the user knows about PKHeX's existence, but there has to be some reason they want it to be cheats, right? ><

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Can we just assume that the user knows PKHeX is easier to use and all, but wants cheats to be on the fly for some reason, and can't use PKHeX on the go?

Given all of the user's posts about PKHeX and save dumping and what not, I'm sure the user knows about PKHeX's existence, but there has to be some reason they want it to be cheats, right? ><

Example: I rather use the “gain 40k XP per battle” code in-game because that’s actually happening inside the game rather than PkHex, where I’d be editing the actual save file and the game itself wouldn’t think that’s legit. Whereas with just XP gained, the game knows that’s a thing but if I have 3 Rare Candies and then suddenly have a ton more, that’s fishy. 

All I’ve been doing is completing the Gen 2 living ‘Dex and if I go into PkHex and add them all, it won’t be legit (will need PID’s, TID, etc.)

Edited by PkHexBoi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PkHexBoi said:

Example: I rather use the “gain 40k XP per battle” code in-game because that’s actually happening inside the game rather than PkHex, where I’d be editing the actual save file and the game itself wouldn’t think that’s legit. Whereas with just XP gained, the game knows that’s a thing but if I have 3 Rare Candies and then suddenly have a ton more, that’s fishy. 

All I’ve been doing is completing the Gen 2 living ‘Dex and if I go into PkHex and add them all, it won’t be legit (will need PID’s, TID, etc.)

I do get your concerns. I worry about the same thing when making edits. However, at least in Generation 2, the number of Rare Candies in your bag is a single byte value that doesn't get checked anywhere else. And the game doesn't log which or even how many items you've used on a Pokémon. So, if the Pokémon itself is never modified and you've never used any items that couldn't be legitimately obtained (and Rare Candies can, even if they're, pun not intended, rare), then the Pokémon is 100% legit. I'm sure there are other ways to cheat and make the game give you more EXP per battle, though, if you really want it to be that way, since it will save you the trouble of going back and adding more Rare Candies when you eventually use them all, and it's faster for lower levels.

Edited by Shady Guy Jose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

I do get your concerns. I worry about the same thing when making edits. However, at least in Generation 2, the number of Rare Candies in your bag is a single byte value that doesn't get checked anywhere else. And the game doesn't log which or even how many items you've used on a Pokémon. So, if the Pokémon itself is never modified and you've never used any items that couldn't be legitimately obtained (and Rare Candies can, even if they're, pun not intended, rare), then the Pokémon is 100% legit. I'm sure there are other ways to cheat and make the game give you more EXP per battle, though, if you really want it to be that way, since it will save you the trouble of going back and adding more Rare Candies when you eventually use them all, and it's faster for lower levels.


ahhh. Didn’t know that. thank-you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...