are pokemon catched from a rom legit ?

shadoko

Hello everyone, I wanted to catch all pokemon in there receptive region so I could all transfer them in home and have the special Magearna, so far I caught all of them up to the 5 generation expect for the totemic forms from RADAR (Tornadus,Thundurus and Landorus), zekrom and black kyurem and that's when I decided too generate them with pkhex so it'll be easier and that I wouldn't have to re do the same game again, but apparently doing this isn't legit even if pkhex says that they are legal so I wanted to know if this is the same thing for pokemon caught on emulator (if you are wondering why I did this on emulator it's because it'll be way easier for me since I can't buy all games and their console but also for the transfer of pokemon) 

are pokemon catched from a rom legit ?

legit? no.

Legal? potentially.

To be legit, a mon and the save must have gone through no external hardware or modified hardware.
If you can extract your save, then it stops being legit at that moment.

Though, many others will disagree because they personally "think" that as long as it is not modified, it is fine.
So your call.

• Ashamed 1

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

PKHeX usually has strict checks, but some things can fall through.

For the most part, yes, if PKHeX says legal, they are legal.

oki doki thanks.

but if pkhex says it's legal but in reality it isn't, could he still be able to be go on the pokebank/home or would the game not allow it :?

10 minutes ago, shadoko said:

oki doki thanks.

but if pkhex says it's legal but in reality it isn't, could he still be able to be go on the pokebank/home or would the game not allow it :?

we don't work for Pokebank/HOME, we wouldn't know.

We for the most part as long as you're not dealing with some kinda of weird edge case, PKHeX should have it correct :3

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

we don't work for Pokebank/HOME, we wouldn't know.

We for the most part as long as you're not dealing with some kinda of weird edge case, PKHeX should have it correct :3

oki, thanks for all the response ^^

• Like 1