Shiny Across Generations Question

For the "Shiny across Generations" saves, if I want all legal ones for SW/SH, would I download every single .rar file at that URL? The example in the thread itself says, "For example, if you're playing on a Generation 5 game, to have all complete (excluding illegals), import mons from Gen 3.rar, Gen 4.rar and Gen 5.rar" but why would it start at Gen 3 and not 1? So, basically, I'm asking, which .rar's do I download for SW/SH in PkHex?

Edited by PkHexBoi

Gen 1 and 2 don't count for Gen 5 because there's no legitimate way to get Pokémon from a Gen 1/2 game into Gens 3–6. They're only importable from the VC versions to Gens 7 and 8. For Gen 8, which is what you need, everything that hasn't been "Dexited" is available to you, you just have to be mindful of how they're supposed to reach your game. Namely, HOME trackers and the like. I'd import everything that's from before Gen 7 into Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, then move it into Bank, then HOME. Gen 8 mons could be passed off as having been traded to your game directly without first visiting HOME, so they should be imported directly into Sword/Shield (I don't know if there's any trade record that needs editing, since I haven't dabbled in Gen 8 save editing due to lack of a hacked Switch). Pokémon that are meant to come from Pokémon GO or Let's Go should be imported into those games, then transferred to Sword/Shield through HOME.

Edited by Shady Guy Jose