it says when when i want to open in the beta program a save file eroor cant open save

It doesn't say that because it's not coded to say that. Providing the exact message (there's no reason not to) will get you some answers.

This is doable, but will probably require a slight redesign of the dialog, so don't expect it in the near future.

don't see how it would require a redesign adding "<=",">=" do the drop down

I don't know what the user might be doing at one time. Sure, they may be searching for a set of IVs for specific Hidden Power criteria, but that doesn't mean they won't change their minds and start fiddling with the IVs manually. I think you're just wanting it too precisely catered to how you do things. I'm not going to change this, at least not any time soon, so there's no point in trying to argue an opinion.

then how would you use that feature?

feature request:

remember target game feature (just a registry key for a setting)

select (highlight) on click for IVs and EVs

max all pp ups in the attacks tab button (just cause i am lazy)

nickname autocomplete when species it picked (not all pokemon have extra stuff in the name even if under 11 characters) or is that auto on save

Pid search for X Pids (ex search till 10 Pids are found or until stop is pressed)

file association (open pkm files with pokegen (double click the pkm to load in pokegen))

bug:

2s8jk74_th.png

species does not change when clicking ok

question:

does ability 1 or 2 decide which ability it will have (ex absol's pressure/ super luck) if so the pid finder should set that in the main tab

don't see how it would require a redesign adding "<=",">=" do the drop down

"<=" and ">=" don't imply "this also causes IVs to not wrap around to 0 or 31".

then how would you use that feature?

I don't know what you're asking.

remember target game feature (just a registry key for a setting)

There needs to be remembering of more than just this. It's planned.

select (highlight) on click for IVs and EVs

Tab.

max all pp ups in the attacks tab button (just cause i am lazy)

That's pretty ridiculous laziness, but this isn't hard to add. I'm not promising something though.

nickname autocomplete when species it picked (not all pokemon have extra stuff in the name even if under 11 characters) or is that auto on save

Nicknames shorter than 11 characters are padded identically to the game, as has been described multiple times in multiple places.

Pid search for X Pids (ex search till 10 Pids are found or until stop is pressed)

What's the point...? Just set extremely specific search parameters?

file association (open pkm files with pokegen (double click the pkm to load in pokegen))

This is already in place. It just doesn't force Windows to assign these files to itself. You have to do it.

bug:

2s8jk74_th.png

species does not change when clicking ok

That's not a bug, it was never coded to do so. The species, as the tooltip says, is only there to determine gender, so it's fairly stupid to set it in the main dialog when clicking OK.

does ability 1 or 2 decide which ability it will have (ex absol's pressure/ super luck) if so the pid finder should set that in the main tab

This question is answered within the program.

That's not a bug, it was never coded to do so. The species, as the tooltip says, is only there to determine gender, so it's fairly stupid to set it in the main dialog when clicking OK.

then species should not be editable in the pid finder (change drop down to readonly input field or make it a hidden input field)

This is already in place. It just doesn't force Windows to assign these files to itself. You have to do it.

opening my HG Scyther with 3.0b12 does not work very well that way

"<=" and ">=" don't imply "this also causes IVs to not wrap around to 0 or 31".

you could set an exception with an if condition in the current function (talking back end BTW)

Tab.

i would not think this would be hard takes a few seconds in html '<input type="text" value="0" onclick="this.select();"/>' i would not imagine it would be harder than setting an attribute like that

Yes i know you are not using html but it cant be that much harder

then species should not be editable in the pid finder (change drop down to readonly input field or make it a hidden input field)
i would not think this would be hard takes a few seconds in html '<input type="text" value="0" onclick="this.select();"/>' i would not imagine it would be harder than setting an attribute like that

Yes i know you are not using html but it cant be that much harder

I'm going to make this perfectly clear, since you don't seem to have grasped it yet. You can make suggestions. You can give opinions. These things are fine. When you start doing what you're doing, trying to force changes that suit your personal preferences, it becomes nothing but irritating and makes me not even want to respond to you.

opening my HG Scyther with 3.0b12 does not work very well that way

I'm aware there are issues with it at the moment.

you could set an exception with an if condition in the current function (talking back end BTW)

So that it then becomes unintuitive... that's not happening.

I'm going to make this perfectly clear, since you don't seem to have grasped it yet. You can make suggestions. You can give opinions. These things are fine. When you start doing what you're doing, trying to force changes that suit your personal preferences, it becomes nothing but irritating and makes me not even want to respond to you.
sorry was not trying to be irritating i was trying to list every think I could think of that could improve your app

Now with the chance that I may sound stupid to some of you, could you be so kind and tell me what hardware I need to transfer the information I put into the PokeGen program over to my Pokemon Games? I would also like to know where I can get this hardware, or if it is available for purchase online? If you happen to know what this hardware will cost me, then please tell me that aswell.

Now with the chance that I may sound stupid to some of you, could you be so kind and tell me what hardware I need to transfer the information I put into the PokeGen program over to my Pokemon Games? I would also like to know where I can get this hardware, or if it is available for purchase online? If you happen to know what this hardware will cost me, then please tell me that aswell.

You would need an Action Replay DS device, which I'm pretty sure you could pick up at any "big" store such as a target or walmart, or maybe a gamestop

Just a suggestion: perhaps you can make it easier to load an entire box onto to sav (like pokesav), or even change the values for location to "pokeshifter" when DPPtHGSS .pkm files is loaded! :D

we still aren't completely sure on how PokeShifted pkms look like.

This thread has a basic beta converter.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11474-Hex-Values-and-Trashbytes-in-B-W

soo what i understand is same example mewtwo from gold caught in cerulean cave in heart gold with heavy ball, if pokemon version location is gold or silver then "met place" is faraway place correct and the fills in the location hex values? and for"pokeball caught"

is pokeball and sets the kurts ball hex values.

correct that if Im wrong but thats what I think Im understanding and it it is you just made me a lazier person for pokemon editing :cool:

edit: PS thanks for the awesome program =D

soo what i understand is same example mewtwo from gold caught in cerulean cave in heart gold with heavy ball, if pokemon version location is gold or silver then "met place" is faraway place correct and the fills in the location hex values? and for"pokeball caught"

is pokeball and sets the kurts ball hex values.

It'd be so much easier for you to simply test out various things yourself. Try different combinations of things and check the resulting .pkm file. Cerulean Cave is a valid location in HG/SS without using "Faraway Place", so no, it won't automatically set the location to "Faraway Place". There's no way to set a Pokemon as having been caught in a generation 2 or 3 game, if that's what you intended to ask.

if you're making pkm files and you have wifi, just transfer them to yourself with sendpkm/hypergts. look in the miscellaneous forum here.

Just checking:

Is spiky ear pichu and kurt balls non-existant in the game?

And apparently when I tried putting them into the game through pokegen,

They appeared normal (on both accounts).

It looks like they removed the "form" from Black/White. As for the balls, they're available, but the current beta has them missing unintentionally.

Well I've had a couple bugs while running pokegen, but I can only reproduce one at the moment.

The first, when i was making an absol from scratch I tried to give it bite as its second move. it came up in the program with 0 pp, so i set the pp to the correct number and save the pokemon to my pc. when i loaded the game, the absol didn't have a move in its second slot.

The Egg data for b/w isn't correct. when you modify an egg at all its encounter data changes from the original egg and there's nothing in the program you can do to fix it really.

I've had an issue where sometimes when I set too many pokemon in slots in boxes the program will just hang or crash. I haven't been able to reproduce it today because there's another bug with the same uh.. reproduction steps (which i did record).

This one, when you set too many of the same pokemon into box slots, the program will not let you right click anywhere in the pokemon area. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1053652/error%201.wmv

Though, even with these bugs I still like this program much more than pokesav.

The first, when i was making an absol from scratch I tried to give it bite as its second move. it came up in the program with 0 pp, so i set the pp to the correct number and save the pokemon to my pc. when i loaded the game, the absol didn't have a move in its second slot.

By what means did you set the attack? Was it typed in or selected? If it was typed in, did you do it in all lowercase characters? If it was all lowercase, did it automatically get capitalized upon completing the word?

The Egg data for b/w isn't correct. when you modify an egg at all its encounter data changes from the original egg and there's nothing in the program you can do to fix it really.

I'm aware of this one already. It'll be fixed in the next release.

I've had an issue where sometimes when I set too many pokemon in slots in boxes the program will just hang or crash. I haven't been able to reproduce it today because there's another bug with the same uh.. reproduction steps (which i did record).

This one, when you set too many of the same pokemon into box slots, the program will not let you right click anywhere in the pokemon area. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1053652/error%201.wmv

I've tried to get this one to happen for me, but have failed so far. This video may help though, I haven't tried redoing your exact steps. Also, call me easily amused, but when you were right clicking repeatedly toward the end, I couldn't help laughing a little.

Anyway, thanks for the report, and especially the video. The detail is very helpful.

Edit: Could you upload the save file you used in the video? Even if it's been altered since then. I have a feeling there may be something specific to what's being loaded that's causing the problem, as it's still not happening for me with your exact steps.

Edit2: Try reproducing the crash problem with the "Automatically update Pokedex" option disabled. I've found a buffer error with that, as it was never updated with the Black/White changes. It could very well be causing a crash.

3.0b13

ADDED: Clicking "OK" in the PID finder will now always copy the selected PID into the main dialog, regardless of how the PID finder was opened. It also copies the species/ability now.

FIXED: Exporting codes for French, German, and Italian games would cause a crash.

FIXED: The complete ball list wasn't available for Black/White.

FIXED: "Characteristic" text SHOULD now be accurate for all games.

FIXED: There were still problems with the location values.

FIXED: The PID finder's Hidden Power type was being set incorrectly. This would've affected Hidden Power-specific PID searches as well.

FIXED: When the species of a Pokemon was changed (and on startup), the experience editbox was being set to the amount of experience needed for one level higher than was specified.

FIXED: A crash could occur when setting Pokemon.

FIXED: Black/White wasn't in the "Save as" dialog.

CHANGED: All of the lists for Black/White have been updated to what's used in the projectpokemon translation project.

3.0b14

FIXED: The duplicate locations didn't have "(2)" appended after being updated to the translation project's list.

FIXED: Caught ball data wasn't being set properly.

FIXED: Loading of 236-byte (generation 4) .pkm files with the target game set as Black/White will work now, but the data will be interpreted as a generation 5 Pokemon, resulting in some things being wrong.

3.0b15

ADDED: Black/White character map support.

FIXED: Some characters were missing from the valid character list for Black/White. (One from generation 4 was missing as well.) This prevented them from being entered into the name editboxes.

FIXED: Experience to level conversion was wrong.

• 3 months later...

I know, it's about time! This is actually a little more premature than I wanted, but oh well. I can quickly fix any problems that're found now, as there are no pending changes like the Pokedex. Speaking of the Pokedex, it should be perfect, or really close to it now, for all games.

3.0b16

ADDED: Saving a save file will now recalculate all checksums for Black/White. This is already done for generation 4.

ADDED: Control + tab key support for tab switching.

ADDED: Cherrim's alternate form data.

ADDED: There's now a checkbox for setting the nickname flag. It's no longer done automatically at all.

FIXED: There were two Victory Roads in the HG/SS list with no way to differentiate between the two.

FIXED: The Diamond/Pearl/Platinum item values were all off by 1, resulting in the wrong items attached to the Pokemon. (Found by Acanto.)

FIXED: Using tab on the Pokedex dialog was broken and could cause the program to crash.

FIXED: Tab wasn't coded to work properly on the last few controls of any of the dialogs.

FIXED: Using the arrow keys on radio controls wasn't working properly.

FIXED: There was a significant memory leak when switching languages.

FIXED: Pichu doesn't have any other forms in Black/White, so the form combobox isn't enabled for it for Black/White anymore.

FIXED: Party-specific data wasn't being set properly when saving a 236/220-byte .pkm file.

FIXED: The "Automatically update Pokedex" option wasn't functioning properly.

FIXED: "Caught all owned" in the Pokedex dialog will now properly mark forms you own as seen.

FIXED: When the Pokedex Pokemon list is sorted by number, typing a Pokemon name will properly select that Pokemon, rather than not recognizing it.

FIXED: Detection of Pokemon in the party/PC wasn't always working for Black/White. (Found by Guested.)

FIXED: Windows inconsistently handles menu events internally, apparently, which resulted in menus not working at all for some users. This has been fixed. (Thanks to dNice for helping me figure that one out.)

FIXED: The item list for Platinum was missing entries.

FIXED: Backups should once again work properly. (Found by Guested.)

FIXED: The close "button" on the top right of the character map is drawn properly again.

FIXED: Loading of .pkm files on program startup was buggy.

CHANGED: The following location name changes were made for Black/White: (Thanks to Guested.)

Great Hall -> Giant Hole

Battlefield Tours -> Battle Tour

Battle Games -> Battle Tournament

Plaza Challenge -> Challenge Plaza

Pokemon Fiesta*** -> Pokemon Festa***

Room of Conduct -> Friend's Room

Thunder Stone Cave -> Electric Rock Cave

Distant Place -> Faraway Place

Kanoto Town -> Kanoko Town

Shisaku Plains -> Meditation Field

CHANGED: "Updates and feedback" in the "Help" menu now opens the PokeGen section instead of the download thread.

CHANGED: The three starter Pokemon for Black/White have had their names updated to the official English names. The rest are using the supposed English names.

CHANGED: Hihidaruma's (#555) forms are now properly named.

CHANGED: Location names for Black/White in Spanish have been updated to the English list for now.

CHANGED: The Spanish names for Pokemon and attacks introduced in Black/White have been updated to the English list until I get Spanish translation data.

CHANGED: The Pokedex dialog has been redesigned to allow modification of all aspects of the data for all games. (Minus Spinda data, for now.)

CHANGED: Switching between generation 4 and 5 will now reinterpret escaped characters.

• 1 month later...

Right on schedule for once...

EDIT: If game codes in exported .xml files aren't correct for Black/White, redownload beta 17. An updated copy was uploaded shortly after the initial one with the fixed codes.

EDIT 2: There was also a mistake in the item list. If you have a Japanese entry in yours, redownload beta 17 again.

3.0b17

ADDED: Code generation is now fully supported for Black/White, including all languages except for Korean. (Korean will almost definitely never be added.)

FIXED: Reinterpretation of escaped characters in nicknames wasn't done properly, and resulted in a buffer issue that corrupted some (or all?) nicknames with escaped characters. (Found by Bond697.)

FIXED: When loading a .pkm file detected as generation 5, or when loading a generation 5 save file, the location comboboxes were forcibly being set to "--------". (Found by Bond697.)

FIXED: The codes generated to toggle the flag in HG/SS that determines whether or not the Pokedex button is visible were being generated incorrectly.

FIXED: The male/female symbols can now be properly utilized in names.

FIXED: Reset controls unchecks the nicknamed checkbox.

FIXED: Reset controls was setting the met location combobox to an invalid value for Black/White.

FIXED: Using "Send to" or "Delete" on the first Pokemon of a party when no other party Pokemon exist will no longer be possible.

FIXED: "Send to" will no longer cause an incorrect number of selected Pokemon to occur.

CHANGED: Save file loading will work as expected in situations where the checksums are set despite no data being present in that block. (Change inspired by BananaMan14.)

CHANGED: After some research, it seems that the Action Replay handles what I call code type 1 in a manner that can cause it to not work as expected. DeSmuME (emulator) also handles them in an awkward way, and can even crash. Therefore I've simply removed this code type. All codes will be generated the same now, as the previously labeled "type 2". (Thanks to Bond697 for his AR testing.)

CHANGED: Pokemon, items, locations, abilities, attacks, and forms have all been updated to the official English and Spanish names.

• 2 weeks later...

This was rather rushed to fix some data-incorrectness bugs, so there may be some new problems introduced. I'm also not absolutely certain the new ability PID calculations are correct.

3.0b18

ADDED: Drag/drop support for non-save files. This also supports dragging of multiple files at once. Pokemon will fill all visible empty slots, but will not leak over into other boxes. This will likely be expanded in the future to be more configurable. (Drag/drop suggested by Mordecai.)

ADDED: There's now a checkbox on the met tab to let you indicate that the trainer information of the Pokemon matches your save file. This is necessary to make egg met data be interpreted properly by the game. If you set this checkbox improperly, the met data won't appear as intended in-game. This only affects eggs. Normal Pokemon and hatched Pokemon aren't affected.

This box is automatically checked upon loading a save file for all Pokemon that have matching trainer information.

ADDED: Leaving the PID editbox blank will now generate a PID with the appropriate ability flag embedded for Black/White. The PID finder now obeys Black/White PID ability rules as well.

FIXED: Generating codes for party Pokemon for generation 4 games will now properly work again.

FIXED: Changing games was defaulting the code generator game combobox to the wrong entry.

FIXED: There were issues with certain locations when generating Pokemon for Platinum/HG/SS.

FIXED: The nicknamed flag will no longer always be set based on the checkbox on the main tab. (Found by Prinndood.)