i can't seem to find power share on this, is it called something else? i see power trick and power swap but those are 2 different moves. I also cant find the ability Antagonist/Perversity

Edit: nvm that names were just in japanese

Edited by LCampoy8

Not sure if this was said already, but the characteristics of the Pokemon are different when you load the save file than when they're on PokeGen

ex: It says Likes to Thrash About on PokeGen for one of my Pokemon, but it says Proud of its Power in the game.

Not sure if this was said already, but the characteristics of the Pokemon are different when you load the save file than when they're on PokeGen

ex: It says Likes to Thrash About on PokeGen for one of my Pokemon, but it says Proud of its Power in the game.

I'll check on it again, but which version are you using?

Just wanted to let you know that there isn't a Dream Ball in your latest B/W Beta.

Have you seen a Pokemon caught with this ball that has data that says it was caught with that ball and not a Pokeball? I haven't.

Also, every time I use a Japanese Letter it shows up as a square and you have to click it two to three times for the square to show up.

Are you talking about using the character map that has yet to be updated?

Some more things I've found out while using 3.0b12:

-If the target game is set to black/white, the experience/level of the Pokemon doesn't match. for example, the default level I've found to be put every time I create a new pokemon (or reset controls from the tools menu), the level is set to 100 but the experience is 0. The game treats the pokemon as lv. 1.

("sub-issue" from the previous)-If you import a Pokemon from an older game, (through the method you told me, which is set the game to hgss, import and then change to bw), the experience is set to be 1 lv higher than the lv the pokemon was (if it's lv. 100, it loops to lv. 1). for example, a lv 5 jirach,i imported with hgss set as the game, has 156 exp and lv 5. However, once I change the target game to B/W, it bumps up to 270, but the program still says it's lv. 5, and the game takes the pokemon as being at lv, 6. This can be easily rectified by rewriting the desired level of the pokemon (for both cases).

-Sometimes the program doesn't let you choose the nature of a pokemon, even if you erase its pid or reset controls (from the tools menu). The program needs to be closed first then reopened to workaround this problem.

---(edit: possibly handy info regarding the previous issue). This seems to happen if you load a pokemon from a file into pokegen and then change the pokemon. The nature is grayed out, even if you erase the pid or even try to change it)

-If the right click menu (for setting pokemon in the boxes/party) is repeatedly used, sometimes it will stop working (that is, not appearing). The only workaround is to close and reopen the program.

-In a reply to my previous post regarding the PID Finder not setting the IVs, nature, shininess etc, saying that I had to select the one I wanted, then click ok, it still doesn't work. Maybe it's me doing something wrong? (It worked in past versions with that method, that's why I came back with this question)

That is all for now. I'll keep reporting any issues I find while using the program. I apologize if there are any typos in my posts.

If the target game is set to black/white, the experience/level of the Pokemon doesn't match. for example, the default level I've found to be put every time I create a new pokemon (or reset controls from the tools menu), the level is set to 100 but the experience is 0. The game treats the pokemon as lv. 1.

("sub-issue" from the previous)-If you import a Pokemon from an older game, (through the method you told me, which is set the game to hgss, import and then change to bw), the experience is set to be 1 lv higher than the lv the pokemon was (if it's lv. 100, it loops to lv. 1). for example, a lv 5 jirach,i imported with hgss set as the game, has 156 exp and lv 5. However, once I change the target game to B/W, it bumps up to 270, but the program still says it's lv. 5, and the game takes the pokemon as being at lv, 6. This can be easily rectified by rewriting the desired level of the pokemon (for both cases).

I'm seeing this as well, I'll add it to the list.

Sometimes the program doesn't let you choose the nature of a pokemon, even if you erase its pid or reset controls (from the tools menu). The program needs to be closed first then reopened to workaround this problem.

---(edit: possibly handy info regarding the previous issue). This seems to happen if you load a pokemon from a file into pokegen and then change the pokemon. The nature is grayed out, even if you erase the pid or even try to change it)

I'll check on it.

If the right click menu (for setting pokemon in the boxes/party) is repeatedly used, sometimes it will stop working (that is, not appearing). The only workaround is to close and reopen the program.

...what? What operating system are you on? Does this happen after a fresh start of the program? How many clicks does it take? I just tried it and can't produce this problem.

In a reply to my previous post regarding the PID Finder not setting the IVs, nature, shininess etc, saying that I had to select the one I wanted, then click ok, it still doesn't work. Maybe it's me doing something wrong? (It worked in past versions with that method, that's why I came back with this question)

I'm not sure I ever coded it to set anything but the IVs.

I'll keep reporting any issues I find while using the program. I apologize if there are any typos in my posts.

Thanks. Typoes aren't a problem, I've read much, much worse.

Any word yet on solving the mystery of the disappearing trainer name I mentioned before?

I haven't looked into it yet, but it's on the list. I've been quite busy.

...what? What operating system are you on? Does this happen after a fresh start of the program? How many clicks does it take? I just tried it and can't produce this problem.

This problem seems to be quite random, but it generally happens after a lot of tries. I'm on a Windows 7 x64 machine. Sometimes it happens after about 10 tries, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I just know it does. I'll try to capture it on video if the program does that again. So far today it happened 3 times.

Also, regarding an issue similar to this, sometimes when you drag pokemon to reorganize them, they vanish while being dragged (no cursor and no pokemon until you release the mouse button)

This problem seems to be quite random, but it generally happens after a lot of tries. I'm on a Windows 7 x64 machine. Sometimes it happens after about 10 tries, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I just know it does. I'll try to capture it on video if the program does that again. So far today it happened 3 times.

Also, regarding an issue similar to this, sometimes when you drag pokemon to reorganize them, they vanish while being dragged (no cursor and no pokemon until you release the mouse button)

It sounds like some sort of memory leak type problem, but if it is, it's incredibly small so that it's hard to even notice. I'll look around when I get a chance.

I tried using the pokedex editor for HG/SS set the seen caught to complete and saved the file but the program actually STOPPED working, it crashed.

I don't know if someone pointed this out, I honestly didn't bother sifting through 51 pages.

Check out whats good with this! LOL

I tried using the pokedex editor for HG/SS set the seen caught to complete and saved the file but the program actually STOPPED working, it crashed.

Pointing out that you saved the save file was helpful. I managed to crash it as well doing this. I'll fix it for the next release, thanks.

Is my question going to be answered?

Desmume does work, it's what I use for all my testing. If a question gets skipped, it's either because I missed it, forgot about it, or the question is so obvious that it shouldn't have been asked. (Oh, and if you're not using beta 12, and you're playing Black, the codes won't work, as they were all designed for White at that time.)

Edited by Guested

Desmume does work, it's what I use for all my testing. If a question gets skipped, it's either because I missed it, forgot about it, or the question is so obvious that it shouldn't have been asked. (Oh, and if you're not using beta 12, and you're playing Black, the codes won't work, as they were all designed for White at that time.)

Thank you very much.

It took me awhile to figure out why the Exp wasn't matching with the chosen Level. I had to set the Level first, then the Exp. It doesn't automatically set it for you.

It's supposed to, and is for me... There have been reports of it not using the right values at the moment though.

Sorry if this was answered already, but I found the Japanese romaji translation for "Day Care Couple" but when I set it as the location, in game it says it's from a Distant Place.

I just tried it on beta 12 and it's fine. The game gives an error message if you don't set the Pokemon as being met as an egg, however.