Bug Alert!!!!!!

If you load a B/W pokemon and try to change the language you get an error message saying "ERROR: Language file not found."

But if you try to change the language before you load a pokemon, it works.

Also, if you load a B/W pokemon the stats load wrong; If you change the EVs and then return the EVs to their previous level to correct the stats, when you try to save the changes the program crashes.

Edited by Delta Blast Burn
Added some stuff.

If you load a B/W pokemon and try to change the language you get an error message saying "ERROR: Language file not found."

But if you try to change the language before you load a pokemon, it works.

I'll fix this later today, thanks.

Also, if you load a B/W pokemon the stats load wrong; If you change the EVs and then return the EVs to their previous level to correct the stats, when you try to save the changes the program crashes.

This has already been fixed.

I'll have more time today and tomorrow to get beta 10 released.

hey the pokegen generates the pokes but stats reset after battles. i am using desmume btw.

eg:

groudon with 999 everything stat will go back to regular stats after a battle doesn't matter trainer or wild.

Stats must be recalculated after battles then. (I thought withdrawing from the PC was the only thing that did it, though.) This isn't something I can change. The manual stats option isn't permanent by any means.

btw donated to you so you can continue on, amazing job so far.

Thank you. It's very much appreciated and definitely helps to motivate.

Stats must be recalculated after battles then. (I thought withdrawing from the PC was the only thing that did it, though.) This isn't something I can change. The manual stats option isn't permanent by any means.

Thank you. It's very much appreciated and definitely helps to motivate.

that's weird previous gen stats stayed the same after battles as well. maybe its rom i am using, they can get corrupted. maybe some1 else can confirm that stats do in fact get recalculated.

3.0b10

ADDED: Saving to a save file for Black/White.

FIXED: Black/White Pokemon names and trainer names weren't being converted properly when read from a save file or a code.

FIXED: Code generation for PC Pokemon for Black/White hadn't been updated.

FIXED: Nature wasn't being set properly when loading Pokemon with the target game set to Black/White.

FIXED: Switching between languages was erasing Black/White from the origin list.

FIXED: The origin value for Black was wrong.

FIXED: Met location games are locked to the appropriate generation based on the target game.

FIXED: The Japanese character "ん" wasn't mapped.

FIXED: The fateful encounter flag, form data, and some extra bytes were being overwritten unintentionally when generating Pokemon for Black/White. Nature was also not being set correctly.

FIXED: Stat display for PC Pokemon.

FIXED: Exporting of codes was producing incorrect game data.

FIXED: Switching languages after loading a file from a different directory than the exe is in would cause the language file to not be found.

FIXED: Minor cleanup in the English language file, as well as synchronization with Japanese and Spanish.

CHANGED: Location, ability, attack, and item lists are now using the Romanized Japanese names for generation 5 entries.

NOTE: The full location list is still not available for Black/White. It's encoded in a different way than previous generations and will take further time to figure out. I wanted to get this release out sooner, so I just decided to leave them out.

Edit: It looks like the location values got screwed up along the way. I'll upload a quick update to fix that. I blame Eevee.

Edit: 3.0b10.1 (That could get confusing pretty fast.)

FIXED: The location list has proper values now, but isn't using a Romanized list for the time being, as I can't do that myself. The previous list was obtained from Eevee's data, which is apparently incomplete.

Sorry, this may be a noob question, but then again I am a noob at pokegen. I just had a simple question that I was hoping someone could answer. I can load my pokemon platinum dsv file from desmume and edit it.....I just can't save it. Can someone help me out here,please? I apologize if this is the wrong place

Sorry, this may be a noob question, but then again I am a noob at pokegen. I just had a simple question that I was hoping someone could answer. I can load my pokemon platinum dsv file from desmume and edit it.....I just can't save it. Can someone help me out here,please? I apologize if this is the wrong place

are you saying that you save, but the changes don't show? if so, yes you can. change the extension back to .dsv and paste it over your current one. or, once you save in pokegen, delete the .dsv, paste the new .sav into the folder, and run desmume again. it will use the .sav since there is no .dsv.

Hey codr, I just went and tested out the new beta a bit, it seems to be working pretty decently, I am liking the look of it. I was actually thinking of tomorrow posting a video all about it, just to get more people using it because its a really fucking nice program, and show them howto use it and all that jazz. If you want, I can show you the video when its up and shit, or if you would rather I don't post a video about it since its still in the beta, just give me the word.

I was actually thinking of tomorrow posting a video all about it, just to get more people using it because its a really fucking nice program, and show them howto use it and all that jazz. If you want, I can show you the video when its up and shit, or if you would rather I don't post a video about it since its still in the beta, just give me the word.

It's up to you. I'll eventually get around to making my own documentation (definitely not in the form of a video, however), but I doubt it'll be any time soon with all the work that still has to be done functionality-wise.

It's up to you. I'll eventually get around to making my own documentation (definitely not in the form of a video, however), but I doubt it'll be any time soon with all the work that still has to be done functionality-wise.

Well I just am gonna show the basic functionality, so yea. I tested it right on my save file and everything, and there was no problems. Just need to get all the real functions done for pokes to really look legit, but at this point, its not like it matters since any competitive dude is hacked right now anyways. But yea, thanks for making such a nice program. I will have the video up tomorrow, plus it will help you get people to look for bugs and all that stuff.

There's still no location for the Day Care Couple. I just received the egg from Day Care Couple and when I open my save with Pokegen, the place met shown in the box was blank.

All eggs I get are Met at level 1, place 0

Date egg received (obvious)

Egg Hatched at: 60002

Met location changed based on where I hatched it (16 for one place, 6 for another).

Egg Hatched at stayed the same, maybe these are reversed this gen?

Mind you this viewed in the other program.

Attached is a save file with some eggs and some hatched.

Edited by Kaphotics
deleted save, too many people downloading

All eggs I get are Met at level 1, place 0

Date egg received (obvious)

Egg Hatched at: 60002

Met location changed based on where I hatched it (16 for one place, 6 for another).

Egg Hatched at stayed the same, maybe these are reversed this gen?

Mind you this viewed in the other program.

Attached is a save file with some eggs and some hatched.

AFAIK all hatched eggs are met at level 1.

Edited by coldheart

3.0b10.2 (This'll be the last of the beta 10s, don't worry.)

ADDED: Almost all of the available locations. There are still some unique ones I'm looking into, however.

CHANGED: Guested Romanized the remaining Japanese locations for me.

The duplicate locations are being left in for now, as we (Guested and I) think they may actually be used, but need to be differentiated for whatever reason.

AFAIK all hatched eggs are met at level 1.

In all previous games eggs are met at level 0. However, the met level is never displayed in the Trainer Memo for eggs or former eggs.

The duplicate locations are being left in for now, as we (Guested and I) think they may actually be used, but need to be differentiated for whatever reason.

Could they be used for different seasons?

つうしんこうかん (通信交換)

Still isn't in there (for in-game trades)

The location value is 30002

Also, I think the multiple locations are used somehow for High Link. Not sure if you can catch pokemon in the High Link areas, but the game just might need to have that data in there. I'll check it out a bit more sometime.

Codr, what do you think about adding an option to sort the met locations by value instead of alphabetically? It's a bit tough to sort through everything with the Event-ish locations now mixed it, and it would also provide a good way to set the duplicates off to the side (as they would then appear further down the list)

つうしんこうかん (通信交換)

Still isn't in there (for in-game trades)

The location value is 30002

This'll take some IRC discussion.

Codr, what do you think about adding an option to sort the met locations by value instead of alphabetically? It's a bit tough to sort through everything with the Event-ish locations now mixed it, and it would also provide a good way to set the duplicates off to the side (as they would then appear further down the list)

It can be done, but it's not as simple as flipping a virtual switch. I'd rather get the Pokemon-related functionality in-place before continuing on interface improvements.