I guess this is a related question, but what about Pal-Parked event pokemon, like 10ANIV Celebi? Which PID method should I be using for it?

The method used in this type of pokemon is (B-A-C-D) ®

Almost all GBA event pokemon using this method, less MYSTRY Mew, which uses the method (B-A-C-D) (U)

3.0b2

ADDED: An option to automatically add Pokemon to the Pokedex when they're placed in the party or a box.

ADDED: Forms for Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin are disabled in the Pokedex editor for Diamond/Pearl. Forms for Pichu are disabled for Platinum. These forms aren't visible in the Pokedexes of these games.

ADDED: Code generation for Pokedex data.

FIXED: Party Pokemon are properly shifted to the left when one is moved into a box.

FIXED: The seen/caught count is properly updated upon loading of any save file.

The code list for the Pokedex is quite large. I know that it crashes Desmume if you try to put it all in as a single code. However, you can't split it easily without extra editing. I'll probably fix the Desmume code and submit a patch to them to resolve this, as it's stupid for me to have to change what I've done when nothing is wrong with MY program.

I don't know how this'll behave on the actual Action Replay though. If someone could try it out and let me know, it'd be appreciated.

Edit: I just remembered that I didn't complete the Pokedex code generation for Diamond/Pearl. The language data isn't written.

so.. try to set my entire pokedex to full seen/caught with one giant code in a real ar, right?

The Pokedex information isn't important, you could leave it all entirely empty and just generate the codes for it. All I need is for those codes to be tried on actual hardware.

worked perfectly, seen and caught 493 after pressing l+r.

Thanks.

3.0b3

ADDED: Language data in the Pokedex codes for Diamond/Pearl.

FIXED: Diamond/Pearl codes weren't being generated properly. The activation button data was being erased.

Near pokedex it says "Obtained," but below it there are other options, what are these for?

Obtained as in obtained the Pokedex... everything else (well, this was too) is completely self-explanatory.

Well for me it's not...

I simply can't understand how it isn't unless you haven't even played the games.

National ...whether or not you've obtained the national Pokedex......

Multilingual... ok, this one would be somewhat warranted. It determines whether or not you can view Pokemon data in multiple languages.

Form viewer lets you look at multiple forms for Pokemon. This is always enabled in HG/SS.

Seen... whether or not you've ...seen... the Pokemon...

Caught (...)

The gender stuff could possibly be a little confusing, but it's as simple as the game keeps track of which gender you've seen first.

I'm using 3.0b

You could've mentioned that earlier. There've been two updates since then.

I'm like wtf does that mean? That I've seen the pokemon?

That it'll generate codes for the Pokemon data. That should still be fairly obvious, given the context of the dialog.

That guy brings up an interesting point. I think I've noticed that before with Pokemon Battle Revolution.

If, on random wi-fi:

Japanese pokemon traded to an English game appear with their English names

and

Japanese pokemon made with a sav editor still appear as Japanese on the same English game

then

... is it possible that every sav editing program so far has missed something? What causes this, I wonder...

The tool Tips are nicely designed :)

But, they do not seem to be working on my XP install worked fine under Wine 1.2 in Linux (Ubuntu 10.04)

Is there a dependency that I am missing?

Windows XP should always come with all of the necessary DLLs needed, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't work. In fact, the program wouldn't even start if the DLLs weren't available.

Not that I would need this but when you set a Pokémon in a slot it would be nice it has a shiny and male/female indicator on it

This could be done in the future.

... is it possible that every sav editing program so far has missed something? What causes this, I wonder...

Nothing's been missed. It's no doubt just a matter of having the right data. That is, the exact Pokemon name followed by \FFFF and repeated zeroes until 11 characters are reached, with the nickname flag unset. (And the proper country for the name, maybe.) PokeGen only allows the nickname flag to be unset for English names at the moment. I originally didn't intend to go beyond English.

3.0b4

ADDED: A lot more characters are displayed in the nickname/original trainer name editboxes now. Conversion of some characters could be wrong, so please report them.

ADDED: A checkbox on the stats tab to let you manually set the stats, for those that want to temporarily (putting them in the PC, leveling, and other things reset the stats) set them to values they'd never normally reach.

Note that this is only applicable to party Pokemon. PC Pokemon's stats get calculated when they're placed into the party.

FIXED: "Right click" text was being displayed in all party slots when it should only be displayed in the first available slot.

FIXED: Alt + shift wasn't able to set Pokemon to slots that didn't already have a Pokemon.

FIXED: There were various issues with icon updating when dragging Pokemon to/from the party slots.

On a somewhat related topic, I brought a flaw to the attention of the Desmume programmers and they've fixed it already. They hadn't updated the AR code engine to accept a certain format of some codes (type 9 in this case), which didn't allow part of the Pokedex codes to work properly in HG/SS. Unless you're using revision 3731 or later, you won't have the fixed version of the emulator. Now... if I can ever get unlazy and give them a fix for the inability to handle ridiculously lengthy codes.

That guy brings up an interesting point. I think I've noticed that before with Pokemon Battle Revolution.

If, on random wi-fi:

Japanese pokemon traded to an English game appear with their English names

and

Japanese pokemon made with a sav editor still appear as Japanese on the same English game

then

I mark them as nicknamed to get around that

obviously something was missed

happen to know what dll is used to make the tootips mine may be outdated

ComCtl32.dll

I mark them as nicknamed to get around that

obviously something was missed

Just because it's not working doesn't mean that something in the Pokemon data is missing.

A regular hidden power IV finder would be a waste of programming time. We have Google for that.

What Pokegen really needs is the option to select the desired hidden power type and power, and limit the PID/IV search to the specified hidden power type and power.

It's really a pain to have to manually enter known hidden power IV combinations in every time the PID finder can't find anything.

really[/i] needs is the option to select the desired hidden power type and power' date=' and limit the PID/IV search to the specified hidden power type and power.[/quote']

I added this just now, but depending on the IV settings, it can take up to the entire possible duration to find a match, I think. This can be sped up in various ways for sure, but it'll take a little bit of "research" on my part to find out how. Whether or not I'm willing to do this is questionable.

A regular hidden power IV finder would be a waste of programming time. We have Google for that.

What Pokegen really needs is the option to select the desired hidden power type and power, and limit the PID/IV search to the specified hidden power type and power.

It's really a pain to have to manually enter known hidden power IV combinations in every time the PID finder can't find anything.

That's what I meant in an explicit sense lol. Power and type ahah