I just want to make a question.... There are too much methods for finding a PID... ¿But which should I use in every situation? There is no explanation and be sure I was looking for some information and I've found nothing, so...

There's some limited information in the tooltip for the method control. Regardless, methods 1-9 are supposedly all possibilities for GBA Pokemon, with differing likelihoods of occurring. 1 is always used on DS Pokemon. 10 and 11 are used on some GBA event Pokemon (I think). CS is obviously for chained shiny Pokemon.

I also would translate PokeGen to Spanish if you tell me how. Thanks in advance.

The only thing that's left to translate to Spanish is the tooltips. I haven't even prepared these for translation yet, so there's currently nothing you can do in that regard. You'll see a post on here when I have them ready. They could be divided between you and Wylfred, assuming you're proficient in both Spanish and English.

Look at the save options when you're saving a .pkm file.

Oh wow. My bad!

I like PokeGen a lot so far. I think it'll just take a little time for me to get used to it since I've used PokeSav for so long.

What would encrypting a .pkm do?

Hey Codr, Is there anyway to add an option to get a certain hidden power by generating the correct iv's? I ask this as I am trying to generate a Pokemon with a certain hidden power but am having an extremely hard time adjusting the iv's to get the correct one. I hope you can understand what I mean.

Hey Codr, Is there anyway to add an option to get a certain hidden power by generating the correct iv's?

Yes, but again, there are things higher on the priority list at the moment. I'll add it to the list.

Hey Codr, Is there anyway to add an option to get a certain hidden power by generating the correct iv's? I ask this as I am trying to generate a Pokemon with a certain hidden power but am having an extremely hard time adjusting the iv's to get the correct one. I hope you can understand what I mean.

in the meantime, this should be helpful:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13601

Just noticed when I tried making a Pal Park Pokemon that the Park Ball is not an option, could we have this ball implemented? Thanks in advance!

If I remember correctly, the Park Ball is just the Poke Ball as far as the games are concerned.

If I remember correctly, the Park Ball is just the Poke Ball as far as the games are concerned.

So if I were to capture a Pokemon in Pal Park using a Park Ball it will come out in a Poke ball? Sorry I can't test this further, I'm just trying to make a duplicate of my Deoxys in Emerald. :P

I can't get this to work with Mac Crossover, any way I can solve this problem?

I haven't used a Mac(intrash) since i was in high school. I also have no idea how this particular program you mentioned works. If it's giving you some sort of error message or information on WHY it's not running, that could potentially be useful.

I thought that when you caught a Pokemon in Pal Park, the Park Ball changed to whatever ball the Pokemon was caught with in the 3rd Gen game. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well yeah, that's what I meant--guess I should've added an extra line saying "or in whatever other [type of] Poké Ball you caught it" (although it was implied).

Sorry for the double post, just was curious about Pal Park yet again; the date it was met is the date I received it in Pal Park in my Soul Silver or is it the original date I caught the Pokemon?

Along with that for "location" in PokeGen should I put "Hoenn" or "Kanto" or will the location met just be set at Pal Park, because someone told me when you transfer these pokemon into the generation IV games their location will be set asa Hoenn, or Kanto.

Thanks in advance!

the date it was met is the date I received it in Pal Park in my Soul Silver or is it the original date I caught the Pokemon?

I don't know about this one.

Along with that for "location" in PokeGen should I put "Hoenn" or "Kanto" or will the location met just be set at Pal Park

I think the "Pal Park" location is special in this regard and gets automatically changed visibly by the game. (Based on the Pokemon's origin value.)

When you "capture" a Pokémon in the Pal Park, your met date is set to the day you encountered it in the Pal Park. The date is not retained from Gen III. The location is set to either Hoenn or Kanto; there is no legal way for a Pokémon's encounter location to be Pal Park. The Poké Ball remains the same as from Gen III.

I just thought I'd post some screenshots of the (unfinished, but close) changes coming to see if anyone has any comments on anything I might've missed. The dialogs may change before the next release, but that's not important.

mainf.jpg

codeso.jpg

pokedex.jpg

I think you shouldn't make a drop-down list.

You should make something similar to PPSE.

A big grid that has the Pokémon's name, then two tick-off boxes to choose if they were seen or caught.

People probably would want to reproduce the Pokédex state from another save file, and having a drop-down list just makes it more annoying.

If there's a grid, they can easily check if they missed anything, and they can more easily chose which Pokémon were Seen/Caught.

And I suggest Numerical Order instead of Alphabetical. Or at least a button to change from Numerical to Alphabetical.