Which method should I use to find legal PIDs for Mystery Gift Pokémon? 10 or 11? Or is it not possible at this time?

10 and 11 are related to event PIDs, but (I think) they don't cover them all. Some event Pokemon don't have any sort of relationship between their PID and IVs, meaning it can be completely random.

I was using the Symbols entry so that I could type in the Japanese name of the Swampert Pokemon and had difficulty finding the fourth and fifth characters in the list. The fourth character looks like a minus sign (but presumably isn't). Could see nothing similar to the fifth.

I was using the Symbols entry so that I could type in the Japanese name of the Swampert Pokemon and had difficulty finding the fourth and fifth characters in the list. The fourth character looks like a minus sign (but presumably isn't). Could see nothing similar to the fifth.

I have no idea how the Japanese language works, so I can't really help you here. All I can say is that only Korean characters aren't represented by the character map at the moment.

Swampert's name in Katakana: ラグラージ

The characters in question: and

The second one I think is there, distinguishing which is what I'm having problems with:

123ou.png

It's either 1, 2, or 3. Probably 1 now that I think about it...

As for the first character, I couldn't locate it in the map...

Edited by Feralligates
Katakana not Romaji

Is a Minus sign part of the Romaji Script? I had already mentioned that in my first post on the subject, but thought it referred to an arithmetical symbol.

Regardless of any other factors, it is in fact the exact character used by the Japanese version of the game for Swampert's name.

Hello. I registered on this site specifically to congratulate you on this well made program. After taking the couple hours to read through the posts and updates

I envy you as a fellow programmer for your time and dedication to such a task. C++ isn't the funnest thing to write visual programs in especially compared to some

c# of even VB.net. I plan on thoroughly testing and making any suggestions I may find possible. I am getting back into heart gold after being bored with pokemon

since platinum. The only thing I could ask for is a tutorial link on information needed to insure a pokemon should be legit. A creation example could be a good way

though I haven't checked the readme yet to see if there is one in there. Overall from what I can see great work indeed.

Hello. I registered on this site specifically to congratulate you on this well made program.

Thanks.

After taking the couple hours to read through the posts and updates I envy you as a fellow programmer for your time and dedication to such a task. C++ isn't the funnest thing to write visual programs in especially compared to some

c# of even VB.net.

The reason for the free time isn't anything to be envious of, I assure you. I know what you mean though. As for C++ for GUI-related things... I honestly don't find it to be hindering or even difficult. I'd probably be annoyed at anything else for potentially providing less freedom. (Granted, I've never even looked at alternatives.)

The only thing I could ask for is a tutorial link on information needed to insure a pokemon should be legit.

I think it'd be a little difficult to provide a single link on that. There are various threads around this forum with information that you're after. I don't personally know where they are, as I don't deal with that stuff a whole lot.

A creation example could be a good way though I haven't checked the readme yet to see if there is one in there.

I agree. Documentation is very much needed, but if there's anything I despise doing, it's that. So it's been put off constantly.

Anyway, the testing is appreciated, as are any comments you may have. Quite a few fixes/changes have resulted from feedback on here.

So far everything seems great from what all I've been able to create so far. My only downside is that it does not update the pokedex. Happen to know if this is possible to implement or if there is a code out there that will only add the pokemon you want to the pokedex?

So far everything seems great from what all I've been able to create so far. My only downside is that it does not update the pokedex. Happen to know if this is possible to implement or if there is a code out there that will only add the pokemon you want to the pokedex?

There're two things you can do. You can either recreate the pokemon and set it as an egg, the hatching process makes it appear caught naturally. Or if it a pokemon that doesn't naturally hatch, or if it is an event pokemon, create a duplicate, put that pokemon in the egg, hatch it and then release it.

There isn't a code as of yet that can update the pokedex, as the pokedex is updated on an obtained basis - I.E traded, Caught, Hatched etc etc.

My only downside is that it does not update the pokedex. Happen to know if this is possible to implement or if there is a code out there that will only add the pokemon you want to the pokedex?

I know I've seen Pokedex codes of some sort. I don't know exactly what they do, as I haven't really paid enough attention. I'd be very, very surprised if it isn't possible to manipulate the Pokedex on an individual basis yet. It'll probably get added to this program at some point, I just can't say when, if it does.

It is more than possible to manipulate the Pokédex on an individual basis. If you check out my save structure help thread in the Save R&D forum, you'll find that Jiggy-Ninja researched the Pokédex structures for DPPt, and he documented them quite thoroughly. I think someone else figured out the offsets for HGSS as well, and the structure is nearly identical to Pt, so all of the necessary information is there.

Editing the Pokédex was the last thing I was working on for my own projects before I stopped working on them. If I ever get back to it, that's where I'd pick it back up.

It is more than possible to manipulate the Pokédex on an individual basis. If you check out my save structure help thread in the Save R&D forum, you'll find that Jiggy-Ninja researched the Pokédex structures for DPPt, and he documented them quite thoroughly. I think someone else figured out the offsets for HGSS as well, and the structure is nearly identical to Pt, so all of the necessary information is there.

Thanks for the reference.

I have a request for anyone who has some free time and desire to help. I'm planning on adding multi-language support to the program, but considering I only know English, I obviously can't do the translations myself. If you can translate from English to Spanish, Italian, German, French, Korean, or Japanese, and are willing, please post here and let me know.

Guested has offered to do Japanese so far, but the work could be split if anyone else can also do it.

If you want, you can check out this http://www.psypokes.com/dex/index.php for foreign Pokemon names.

Oh, and love your program, but if you could make the pid method type switchable between the way it displays in Sabresite's legal.exe, and how it is now that would be very helpfull i.e. Common GBA Event [Restricted], Common NDS (A-B-C-D), Common GBA (A-B-C-D), Uncommon GBA (A-B-D-E), Very Rare GBA(A-B-E-F), etc.

I don't think this has been mentioned, but I ran into a bug.

When I have a value set for the EVs in Speed, and then choose Reset Controls, the Speed EVs' value doesn't reset. I was editing my Diamond save when I first ran across this, so I closed the program and started it again, this time not loading a save and not changing anything but the Speed EVs. I then went to Reset Controls and, sure enough, the Speed EVs didn't reset.

If you want, you can check out this http://www.psypokes.com/dex/index.php for foreign Pokemon names.

Thanks, but I can extract all of the list information (names, items, attacks, etc) from the ROM files.

if you could make the pid method type switchable between the way it displays in Sabresite's legal.exe, and how it is now that would be very helpfull i.e. Common GBA Event [Restricted], Common NDS (A-B-C-D), Common GBA (A-B-C-D), Uncommon GBA (A-B-D-E), Very Rare GBA(A-B-E-F), etc.

It could be done, but I'm not making any promises. I try not to add to the size of dialogs unless it's something significant.

I don't think this has been mentioned, but I ran into a bug.

When I have a value set for the EVs in Speed, and then choose Reset Controls, the Speed EVs' value doesn't reset. I was editing my Diamond save when I first ran across this, so I closed the program and started it again, this time not loading a save and not changing anything but the Speed EVs. I then went to Reset Controls and, sure enough, the Speed EVs didn't reset.

I'm seeing this too, thanks.

The PID finder, worked the first time, it found a PID I didnt want, I figured out how to use it, closed it, re-opened it, now it wont search. It goes to progress 0%, Then says 'Progress: Not Active.'

What am I doing wrong? :P

Also, a stat edit would be awesome. Pokemon retain their 999's as long as they are not deposited into a box. ;)