Really? Haven't come across such problem; the few PKMN that I've modified have passed with flying colors when checked with the Legality Checker program. Not trying to sound pretentious or the like, but if the program isn't used correctly, certainly the end product will be faulty.

Edited by Feralligates
It's 'colors' not 'papers'. WTF was I smoking... ._.

Really? Haven't come across such problem; the few PKMN that I've modified have passed with flying papers when checked with the Legality Checker program. Not trying to sound pretentious or the like, but if the program isn't used correctly, certainly the end product will be faulty.

I wouldn't have said what I did if it weren't the truth. The legality checker doesn't check a L O T of data.

Hii everyone,

ive got guite some problems cuz i really dont get it >.<

i cant get anything from pokegen to the actual game(im using desmunde as emu)

i tried almost eveything but after 5hours i still havent been able to get a charmander lvl 5.. i know u get one of the 3 first pokemons later in the game but i wanted to change rattata int a charmander,,,,,

does anyone have a tutorial?? or could someone explain me what file i need to upload with pokegen cuz the only file ive got is "pokemon soulsilver.nds"

anyway great work, pokegen beats the crap out of all those other editors porgrams,,,

someone please show me how to get it to work(i couldnt find a tutorial, i tried it with the popup messages but since there isnt any help getting it into the actual game.....

hope u can help me

I finally found my problem. I typed in my moveset and everything, but apparently, to have them stay, you need to open the pull down list and select the item on the list you want, not just type.

It's coded to let you type, and only type, if you want to. The fact that it isn't working for you suggests that I've either done something wrong (which I can't find any evidence of) or you have something on your PC that's interfering with the normal operation of the control. I'm curious though, are you on an English version of Windows? Or do you have any sort of unusual language settings applied?

Edit: Ok, it is in fact something that I've done wrong, apparently. I went and tried this on Windows XP and IT gives me the same problem you're describing. I'll find out what's going wrong and fix it.

i cant get anything from pokegen to the actual game(im using desmunde as emu)

i tried almost eveything but after 5hours i still havent been able to get a charmander lvl 5.. i know u get one of the 3 first pokemons later in the game but i wanted to change rattata int a charmander,,,,,

does anyone have a tutorial?? or could someone explain me what file i need to upload with pokegen cuz the only file ive got is "pokemon soulsilver.nds"

There aren't any tutorials or even detailed explanations as far as I know. It definitely needs some documentation beyond what's in the tooltips, but I've been quite lazy with that. The file you're looking for with Desmume ends in .dsv, and it's produced after saving your game.

- Fixed typing in comboboxes (drop-down boxes) in Windows XP. It'll properly select the entry you type out now.

- Fixed the "Generate shiny ID" button being enabled on startup when it shouldn't have been.

- Fixed box Pokemon icons not updating properly when adding Pokemon.

Sorry to those who JUST downloaded the last version. It has to be annoying sometimes.

There aren't any tutorials or even detailed explanations as far as I know. It definitely needs some documentation beyond what's in the tooltips, but I've been quite lazy with that. The file you're looking for with Desmume ends in .dsv, and it's produced after saving your game.

oke so ill try to edit that, after ive saved over the original .dsv file with the editted file i just have to press select(wich is the code activation button atm right?) in game??? or in like the load screen???

and the moment i press the activation code my rattata wll change in a charmander right?? ( if i finally succeed)

thanks alot

ps: lol ill also get this updateXD

pps: does it matter wich pokemon i use?? im not sure what region my game is from,,,, but ill try my heart gold version wich is an EU version

oke so ill try to edit that, after ive saved over the original .dsv file with the editted file i just have to press select(wich is the code activation button atm right?) in game??? or in like the load screen???

and the moment i press the activation code my rattata wll change in a charmander right?? ( if i finally succeed)

If you're editing a save file, you're not using codes, so nothing special has to be done in-game.

pps: does it matter wich pokemon i use?? im not sure what region my game is from,,,, but ill try my heart gold version wich is an EU version

The species you pick doesn't matter, they'll all work. However, the program is designed for use only with the US games in mind. It may work with others, but I haven't tested that and don't support it.

i still seems to have problems with thew pokemons icons, the program woks fine in the party pokemons and in box1, but in other boxes:

problemuob.jpg

this is not that bad, because if you push alt, the icons are updated properly:

goodu.jpg

also the program doesn't seems to make a working backup of the save file

it creates the .bak file, but the this file is damaged and cannot be opened again, if you try to open it PokeGen says: "Invalid save file"

ps. sorry for my bad english

i still seems to have problems with thew pokemons icons, the program woks fine in the party pokemons and in box1, but in other boxesalso the program doesn't seems to make a working backup of the save file

it creates the .bak file, but the this file is damaged and cannot be opened again, if you try to open it PokeGen says: "Invalid save file"

Watch this be another Windows XP thing. I'll see if I can reproduce these problems.

Edit: I can't get the icon problem to occur on Windows 7 or XP. Are you using 2.308?

Edit2: There's definitely a problem with the backup file somehow. I'll look into it.

Edit3: The backup problem is fixed. I'm not going to upload a new version just for that though, as it's not THAT big of a deal. It'll have to wait for more changes.

Watch this be another Windows XP thing. I'll see if I can reproduce these problems.

Edit: I can't get the icon problem to occur on Windows 7 or XP. Are you using 2.308?

Edit2: There's definitely a problem with the backup file somehow. I'll look into it.

Edit3: The backup problem is fixed. I'm not going to upload a new version just for that though, as it's not THAT big of a deal. It'll have to wait for more changes.

sorry for this late response

1.- yes i'm using 2.308. works fine in party and in box1, but in the others boxes is where the problem occurs; a thing to note is that if you hover the mouse cursor over the pokemon icon (even slightly) the pokemon icon is updated correctly, so like i already say it's not a big deal. Also i have tested it in another xp machine but the results are the same

2-3.- yes i agree this is also not a big deal, take your time :wink:

and last i would like to say thanks for the best program to edit gen-iv pokemons

1.- yes i'm using 2.308. works fine in party and in box1, but in the others boxes is where the problem occurs; a thing to note is that if you hover the mouse cursor over the pokemon icon (even slightly) the pokemon icon is updated correctly, so like i already say it's not a big deal. Also i have tested it in another xp machine but the results are the same

Wow, how annoying. I'll make sure it's absolutely fixed EVERYWHERE before this next upload.

and last i would like to say thanks for the best program to edit gen-iv pokemons

I've enjoyed making it. Thanks for the support and reports of problems.

(I'll be using this format from now on for updates.)

ADDED: PP of attacks is now automatically filled in for you, and adjusts properly to PP ups.

FIXED: The backup file that can be created when saving a save file wasn't being written properly.

FIXED: "Male" in the original trainer is now selected by default again.

FIXED: (Really this time...) Pokemon icons in ALL SLOTS will be updated appropriately now.

CHANGE: Some more code was changed to provide a little more speedup on startup. Again, I can't really notice a difference. Loading of all of these strings into the comboboxes is just slow, and there's no faster way to do it that I'm aware of.

I apologize for having to put another update out so quickly, but this is fairly significant.

FIXED: Saving save files with the backup option enabled could cause extra data to be written to the save file.

I was thinking about the PP's, which was my reason for the post about the save encryption You must have read my mind!

Shut_Ur_Meowth made a video and mentioned the lack of PP updating, which bothered me. That's what prompted it being added. Also, I have no idea what exactly you were asking for in that other post.

I just got a little lost in some of the steps the poster was going through to decrypt his file. Having the PP's in Pokegen (excellent program I must say) solves that problem. Thanks for all your work.

At some point it would be nice to be able to decrpyt a Pokemon from an AR code (seeing as the codes themselves are not encrypted, just the Pokemon data). I'll have to have a search around on the net and try to figure it out for myself, or at least try to come up with some more precise questions in the other topic...

At some point it would be nice to be able to decrpyt a Pokemon from an AR code (seeing as the codes themselves are not encrypted, just the Pokemon data).

You know that File > Load from code does this, right? (Although not very reliably. It'd be way too much of a pain to try to completely accurately check it.) I think you just meant you want to do it yourself though.

I used the Load from Code input to solve another topic here a few days ago. Nice option.

Useful to create a .pkm file if someone posts an AR code for a Pokemon as I seem to be amassing a collection of .pkm files for future use. I did find a zip file with all 493 Pokemon as .pkm files but a lot were nicknamed. Nice little job to do when I am at a loose end!

This program is great. I mean really great.

At first I was nervous about this program because you can't edit the hexadecimal values yourself (i would advise possibly adding this feature in), but then I found out the program does it for you.

I do have one question, though:

For creating a hatched egg pokemon, which algorithm should be used?

The way I understand it, algorithm 1 (A-B-C-D) is used for caught pokemon, and includes the pokemon's IVs in the PID. Hatched egg pokemon's PIDs should not contain any information about their IVs; isn't this correct?

Anyways, if I am mistaken, please clear me up on this. And thanks for the great program and the help!

-D

At first I was nervous about this program because you can't edit the hexadecimal values yourself (i would advise possibly adding this feature in), but then I found out the program does it for you.

Editing them manually just invites user error even more than is already possible. I've considered adding a VIEWER for the raw data, but it's not exactly high on my list of things to do.

For creating a hatched egg pokemon, which algorithm should be used?

As far as I know, there is no algorithm used for eggs. I don't personally think this is entirely correct, I just think nobody has done any conclusive research on it yet. Someone else might be able to give more information though.

The way I understand it, algorithm 1 (A-B-C-D) is used for caught pokemon, and includes the pokemon's IVs in the PID.

The IVs aren't contained IN the PID, they're just RELATED to the PID in that the PID and IVs all come from the same RNG seed.

Hatched egg pokemon's PIDs should not contain any information about their IVs; isn't this correct?

Their IVs are supposedly unrelated to the PID.

Editing them manually just invites user error even more than is already possible. I've considered adding a VIEWER for the raw data, but it's not exactly high on my list of things to do.

As far as I know, there is no algorithm used for eggs. I don't personally think this is entirely correct, I just think nobody has done any conclusive research on it yet. Someone else might be able to give more information though.

The IVs aren't contained IN the PID, they're just RELATED to the PID in that the PID and IVs all come from the same RNG seed.

Their IVs are supposedly unrelated to the PID.

Thanks for the fast response!

I like the raw data viewer idea; I decided to make a Groudon caught in SoulSilver with PokeSav instead of PokeGen because I couldn't be 100% sure if all of the hex values would be correct, and I wasn't sure how I could even check them.

So... if their IVs are supposedly unrelated to the PID, then if you have an egg that is hatched with a PID that relates the IVs, wouldn't this be suspicious?

While I don't hold PokeSav in the highest regard, it does seem to have some kind of PID generator for egg hatched pokemon. I haven't done any research whatsoever to see how it generates the PID or whether or not its a 'legal' PID, but it seems that a generated PID for egg pokemon would be less suspicious than an egg with a PID that relates to its IVs.

So... if their IVs are supposedly unrelated to the PID, then if you have an egg that is hatched with a PID that relates the IVs, wouldn't this be suspicious?

According to the common knowledge passed around, since there's no technical relationship between the PID and IVs, ANY PID and IVs can be used. Even if they just happen to be related in a coincidental way.

While I don't hold PokeSav in the highest regard, it does seem to have some kind of PID generator for egg hatched pokemon. I haven't done any research whatsoever to see how it generates the PID or whether or not its a 'legal' PID, but it seems that a generated PID for egg pokemon would be less suspicious than an egg with a PID that relates to its IVs.

If you mean the completely random one it can generate, PokeGen does the same thing if you leave the PID editbox blank. It's generated solely based on the information you provide and not by any sort of game-related algorithm.

I don't know if anyone else has commented on this, but I've noticed a small error in PokeGen when generating IVs.

It seems that the characteristics for the Special Stats and Speed are reversed.

For example, a pokemon with a 31 Speed stat will generate "Somewhat vain"

and a 31 Special Attack or Special Defense stat will state "Alert to Sounds."

All other stats seem to be represented normally.

Altogether this is a very minor error and doesn't seem to affect anything.

Thank you for this awesome program! I'm using it from now on to edit my pokemon.

P.S. I'm using the latest version of PokeGen: 2.31.

I don't know if anyone else has commented on this, but I've noticed a small error in PokeGen when generating IVs.

It seems that the characteristics for the Special Stats and Speed are reversed.

For example, a pokemon with a 31 Speed stat will generate "Somewhat vain"

and a 31 Special Attack or Special Defense stat will state "Alert to Sounds."

You're right, they're mixed up. I'll fix for the next release.