I have a slight issue with the program. I have the last version but keep intending to update to the latest.

When I make a change in Pokegen and then generate the AR code, go into the game (normally HG) and save, this usually results in a corrupt save. Fortunately the game reverts to the last save. Does this mean that the Checksum is invalid? Do I need to get into the habit of doing a save, exit the program and start it again, and reload the newly changed .pkm file, generate the AR code and save the game, this seems to correct the problem?

Other than that, an excellent tool to use.

When I make a change in Pokegen and then generate the AR code, go into the game (normally HG) and save, this usually results in a corrupt save. Fortunately the game reverts to the last save. Does this mean that the Checksum is invalid? Do I need to get into the habit of doing a save, exit the program and start it again, and reload the newly changed .pkm file, generate the AR code and save the game, this seems to correct the problem?

I'll need more detail to determine if this is actually a problem wtih the codes. (Which I highly doubt.) Is this Pokemon being put into the party or PC? Which slot? Can you provide a .pkm file for it? Which code type are you using? Is this on real hardware or an emulator? Are you using other codes at the same time? Have you tried not using other codes?

I should be able to recreate this. I am using Pokegen to create the Pokemon and creating the AR code to use in my ARDSi to load into Heartgold on my DSi. I have been putting the Pokemon in one of the PC Slots (making sure it is empty first). Using Select (the default) to activate the code. I then do a Save. Turn off the DSi, remove the ARDSi and restart with just the game in there. If it had happened once I would have assumed I did something stupid, but it has happened at least twice.

I load the .pkm and (of course!) notice something that needs a minor adjustment. Do the adjustment. I think the last time it happened I was adjusting the Secret ID to get a Shiny. I then selected PC Box 15 and the first slot. Clicked Generate and pasted the code into the ARDSi. Seeing as I then opened Pokegen again and loaded the .pkm to recreate the AR codes I don't actually have a .pkm file with the problem in it.

I did run the legality checker which said that the Pokemon was hacked, but that ought not corrupt the file?

As far as I know, there's no way for Pokemon generated by this program to corrupt the save file. I just tested box 15 slot 1 and had no problems. It's almost certainly something else you've done with other codes that's caused the problem. Considering I have no idea what you've done, and that you're not exactly being thorough about it, I can't give you anything further to go on. You haven't even posted the .pkm file for me to verify that that isn't somehow the problem.

Needless to say I just tried the SID thing and the save loaded perfectly.

When I generate the code I paste directly into the ARDSi program so there is no scope for a coding error.

Sorry I couldn't get it to fail again. I suspect it could be me doing something stupid. Maybe I adjusted the EV's without regen-ing the PID. With the best will in the world it is still easy to overlook something.

If I ever manage to recreate this without doing something stupid I'll PM you.

I'm still having my problem of the attacks not saving with the rest of the Pokemon. I found something out, though. With Spiritomb, when I make it know attacks it can actually KNOW, set from controls, and then show in controls, they vanish. But when I teach it moves it CAN'T learn, it retains that move. I don't know what's going on. What should the extra bytes be for the program to work normally?

I'm still having my problem of the attacks not saving with the rest of the Pokemon. I found something out, though. With Spiritomb, when I make it know attacks it can actually KNOW, set from controls, and then show in controls, they vanish. But when I teach it moves it CAN'T learn, it retains that move. I don't know what's going on.

I'm still having no problem like this. The program has no knowledge of what attacks Pokemon can normally learn either, so that has nothing to do with it. My best guess is that you have something modifying Windows' controls to where they're not behaving normally, assuming I'm understanding your problem.

What should the extra bytes be for the program to work normally?

It works normally regardless of the extra byte values. If you're asking what Pokemon should have for these values, I still have yet to see any Pokemon with any of these bytes set to anything but zero. Well, except for byte 135, which is used for Pokeathlon stats for party Pokemon in some way, but how isn't fully known.

I loving the program. Although I encounter one minor error when making pokemon and thats when I give a pokemon an ability and then switch to another pokemon and then switch back the ability dissapears

nevermindi wasbeing an idiot and forgetting to hit set controls

I loving the program. Although I encounter one minor error when making pokemon and thats when I give a pokemon an ability and then switch to another pokemon and then switch back the ability dissapears

I can't recreate this either. Taking these steps produced the proper result:

1. Open the program with my save file.

2. Display data for my first party Pokemon.

3. Change its ability.

4. Set it back to that slot.

5. Display another Pokemon's data.

6. Display the first Pokemon's data again.

The abilities were always what they were supposed to be. This is the kind of problem reporting I need to be able to test anything reliably. The more detail, the better.

Edit: Well, you posted again before I did. I'll leave this here for a better example of what bug reports should be like.

34603606.jpg

Just wondering what are the signs and values that are circled in the PID [F] section do? I see +.-,= signs but im not sure what they really do, also there are 1-6 digits in the 3rd box which im not really familiar with either. Explanations will be really helpful here codr. Thank You!

Just wondering what are the signs and values that are circled in the PID [F] section do? I see +.-,= signs but im not sure what they really do, also there are 1-6 digits in the 3rd box which im not really familiar with either. Explanations will be really helpful here codr. Thank You!

I'm not really trying to be rude here, but there's no nicer way to go about doing this. In the very first post of this thread:

If you can't figure out how to do something, read the tooltips. For those that don't know, tooltips are an informative message that gets displayed when you stop your mouse pointer over a control (editbox, dropdown box, button, etc) for a short period of time.

On a completely unrelated note, I like how your UI displays group boxes. You probably don't know what I'm referring to, but it's not important.

I was wondering if the "Reset Fields" option will be added back to the program. I found it useful for when I create multiple Pokemon. It's no big deal if it's not, as this is a great program anyways and I'm gonna continue to use it anyway.

I was wondering if the "Reset Fields" option will be added back to the program. I found it useful for when I create multiple Pokemon. It's no big deal if it's not, as this is a great program anyways and I'm gonna continue to use it anyway.

I can probably get it into the next version. Most of the functionality is still there, I just forgot about readding it, to be honest.

- Readded the "reset controls" feature from a while ago. It's (inappropriately) in the "Options" menu. I have some future plans for some redesigning that I'm going to wait on to put it in the proper place.

- Fixed party Pokemon icons not updating when adding a new Pokemon.

- The program should now start faster, but I'm not really sure if it's noticeable.

- Changed the drag image location to be slightly above center on the mouse pointer's click spot. This just seemed more natural to me. Now if only I could get it to NOT be so translucent...

- When saving a copy of a save file (save as), you can no longer select other games to save it as, since the program isn't capable of save file conversion between games.

Y'know, I'm still running version 2.303--haven't had any problems with it so far, knock on wood. I'm the laziest person when it comes to downloading updates for a program, so I'll probably retain 2.303 as-is for a while. Your constant endeavor to make the program better is certainly appreciated, though.

Keep up the good work. =)

Y'know, I'm still running version 2.303--haven't had any problems with it so far, knock on wood. I'm the laziest person when it comes to downloading updates for a program, so I'll probably retain 2.303 as-is for a while.

There were some issues fairly recently that affect how Pokemon are generated. If you care about legality, you should update.