Well, I figured out only the party Pokémon were affected.

Or at least every Pokémon that you see when you're doing your business.

Everytime I used PokeGen, I had to uncheck the Nickname flag with Pokésav.

And no, the flag wasn't meant to be checked on these Pokémon.

I have it designed to automatically set the flag when the bytes don't match something that's generated by the game. Now that it's been brought up, this probably isn't the best idea, considering I haven't accounted for every type of nickname that the game creates. (Pal Park Pokemon come to mind.) I'm not sure that I want to add a "Nicknamed" checkbox, as that's just counterintuitive.

Edit: Although it seems that this isn't even working as intended. I'll check it out.

Edit2: I guess that was a bit premature. It's fine. I'd like to see just what Pokemon are coming out not as you want though.

If you obtain a Pokemon in the game and give it a nickname that isn't in all capital letters or doesn't match the Pokemon's "species" name exactly, the game flags it as nicknamed, does it not? That's what I have the program doing. If, for some odd reason, you find that problematic, I'd like to know the detail on why.

ignore my last comment, is not every pokemon met as a egg.

is like you say the pokemon tha has something more than the name in it. for example: ELECTRIKE\FFFF\4008, but the problem is that in the game i've not set a nickame for this pokemon, but pokegen thinks that i did

I'm sorry I doubted you Codr!!! PokeGen is much more organized, much better coded, but a bit slower (cause I'm not used to it :P). Overall it's a much better program and I thank you.

It's always great to see someone try something new and realize it was worth the effort. Thanks for the feedback.

I just have one question. I'm trying to create a pokemon and I'm searching for a PID. When I search it just says "Not Active." I think this is because the generator cannot find a PID for these stats. Shouldn't there always be an existing PID???

It's possible that you could end up not finding a PID for a very specific set of IVs. That's the reason it's designed to let the IVs change as needed. If you set the "polarity" to "=" on all 6 so that none of them can change, you often won't find a PID.

also wanting shiny tends to have issues finding a PID. I'll just deal without shinys... I'd rather it get through every hack wall than have it shiny unlike PokeSav ;3

It doesn't have issues, it just takes time. You have to realize that there are a very limited number of valid PIDs for one set of IVs. If you let the IVs adjust themselves, you'll almost always find a match.

I wanted to say thankyou for PokeGen. After using PokeSav bfore I learned of PokeGen, I have used PokeGen to go back and fix all of my Poke's. Pokesav did me the favor of sticking a bunch of ????'s after my Characters Name and all of a sudden all of my Poke's were traded. I used PokeGen to fix my Pokes to match. Have you thought of adding a tab to edit more of the .sav such as OT name, SID, TID, money, and items? I would like to get rid of Pokesav altogether. Thanks again!

Have you thought of adding a tab to edit more of the .sav such as OT name, SID, TID, money, and items? I would like to get rid of Pokesav altogether.

I have. It's just a lot of tedious work to add in. Since I have another, much larger project (not related to Pokemon) that I'm working on, I haven't really had the desire to go back and spend the time needed for something like that on PokeGen. It may happen eventually, I'm just not going to make any promises.

Is it always possible to find a PID for a shiny pokemon with 31 in most IVs???

Nobody can really answer that question accurately. It depends on other factors. Generally, however, you'll have a hard time finding a valid PID without letting at least 2 or more IVs change. (Not because of a limitation of the program, but because the valid PIDs simply don't exist.)

I have a problem. I'm trying to make a Gliscor, but when I'm done and put it in my box using right click and bring it up again, mostly everything's been reset. It's nature, item, attacks, and location found were gone. Help?

Can you give me a series of steps of exactly what you're doing? Based on what you said, it sounds like you're filling in information, using "Set from controls", then using "Show from controls" and getting incorrect information. I don't see how this is possible, so I need more detail.

Can you give me a series of steps of exactly what you're doing? Based on what you said, it sounds like you're filling in information, using "Set from controls", then using "Show from controls" and getting incorrect information. I don't see how this is possible, so I need more detail.

Well, I choose my Gliscor's PID, then enter it's item and ability info, where it came from, its EVs, it's attacks, then its trainer info. Then I just "Set from Controls" and "Show in Controls" and it's item, ability, and attacks are missing. Last time this happened was with an Abomasnow, but when I fiddled around with those unnecessary numbers in the Trainer ID tab, I got some info to stay, so I bet that's it.

Well, I choose my Gliscor's PID, then enter it's item and ability info, where it came from, its EVs, it's attacks, then its trainer info. Then I just "Set from Controls" and "Show in Controls" and it's item, ability, and attacks are missing. Last time this happened was with an Abomasnow, but when I fiddled around with those unnecessary numbers in the Trainer ID tab, I got some info to stay, so I bet that's it.

Taking the exact steps you mentioned, I can't produce this same problem. Unless you can provide more detail on exactly what the state of everything is (Are there any controls with invalid information, for example? Editboxes turn red if it's invalid.) or find another way of causing the same problem, I can't really do anything.

Taking the exact steps you mentioned, I can't produce this same problem. Unless you can provide more detail on exactly what the state of everything is (Are there any controls with invalid information, for example? Editboxes turn red if it's invalid.) or find another way of causing the same problem, I can't really do anything.

Are you using the new version? If so, it might just be my computer screwing with me.

First of all, thanks a lot for making such a great program. Its much easier to use than pokesav.

Theres one thing though that I cant really figure out. I'm still pretty new to the whole pokemon hacking bussiness so bare with me.

The problem I have is that the pokemon I create are treated as traded ones, and I want them to be owned by me. They have the "apparently" met thingy and they get boosted exp. To my knowledge, I have done everything that is basicly required for the pokemon to be treated as yours, so the ID, secret ID, gender and OT name. When I open up my pokemon in the game, it has the correct ID, and correct OT name. I also got my Secret ID by using a code I found on a different site. The game version is Platinum and this is the code I used to get my secret ID:

94000130 FCFF0000

B2101D40 00000000

DA000000 0000008E

D6000000 00000090

D2000000 00000000

It seems like the code is working fine, since it changed my "money" value on the trainer card to a completely different 5-digit number, like its supposed to, so I assume that is my secret ID.

So the ID, secret ID, OT name and gender should all be set correctly. The origin game and game met in is also set to Platinum. The pokemon in question is a level 10 Squirtle, I set the level met to 5, location route 202, caught in a building, date is 1 day after I started playing. I used legality checker to check the pokemon and everything turned out valid.

Any idea what I missed and how to fix this problem? :<