Uhh same problems with the EVs still. Even on 2.22. Just thought I'd report in.

Can you give me an example of steps to take to produce this problem? I'm not seeing one.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's when saving a Pokemon to a file, which would include save files.

Edit2: Fixed and uploaded. Thanks for the report.

Edit3: Another program update to PROPERLY fix egg loading/saving. I wonder if anyone is actually annoyed by frequent updates.

Edited by Codr

Can you give me an example of steps to take to produce this problem? I'm not seeing one.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's when saving a Pokemon to a file, which would include save files.

Edit2: Fixed and uploaded. Thanks for the report.

Edit3: Another program update to PROPERLY fix egg loading/saving. I wonder if anyone is actually annoyed by frequent updates.

No problem man. I'm really greatful for your work.

I like this program but i can't seem to save, when i change my pokemon's level and so, and when i then click to change another pokmemon's level, the things i changed from my first pokemon revert to as they where.So i was wondering, is this progrmam only for action replay? I thought it was like pokesav, where you could edit your save file and then just put your card back into your ds, but i'm guessing it's not like that right?

I also can't seem to change my pokemon's gender :confused:

I hope this will be fixed soon? :creep:

I like this program but i can't seem to save, when i change my pokemon's level and so, and when i then click to change another pokmemon's level, the things i changed from my first pokemon revert to as they where.So i was wondering, is this progrmam only for action replay? I thought it was like pokesav, where you could edit your save file and then just put your card back into your ds, but i'm guessing it's not like that right?

I also can't seem to change my pokemon's gender :confused:

When you load a save file, it puts your Pokemon in the slots on the right. To view their data, you right click them and select "Show in controls". Once you make changes to that data, you need to right click a slot and select "Set from controls" to update the Pokemon in that slot.

For a step-by-step example:

1. Load the save file.

2. Right click any Pokemon and select "Show in controls".

3. Modify whatever you want.

4. Right click the same (or a different, if you want) Pokemon and select "Set from controls".

5. Save the save file.

Codr, I just noticed that when you load Pokemon into PokeGen it still sets their "Date Caught" to the current date. I'm just thinking that for people who miss this (because it's pretty easy not to notice it) it can be a minor annoyance. Is there any chance you could update PokeGen to retain the original date of capture/acquisition?

Codr, I just noticed that when you load Pokemon into PokeGen it still sets their "Date Caught" to the current date. I'm just thinking that for people who miss this (because it's pretty easy not to notice it) it can be a minor annoyance. Is there any chance you could update PokeGen to retain the original date of capture/acquisition?

I just did a quick test to try to reproduce this and can't. Can you give me exact steps you're taking to produce the result?

Happens to me too — I had to redownload Pokesav to fix the date, since it kept setting itself back to the current date.

Jimera, would I be correct in assuming that you're on Windows XP? Pingouin7's problem was the result of being on XP, and I don't have the problem on Windows 7, so that's the only explanation I have at the moment. Regardless, I'm looking into the cause of the issue on XP.

Updated to 2.224. This fixes the date problem, among other things.

By the way, nice job! This is easily the most polished Pokémon storage system editor thingy I've seen yet. I am looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!

Thanks. I also added the party compacting that you mentioned on IRC, btw.

Edit: Make that 2.225.

Edited by Codr

Great program mate! Found this much easier to use then Pokesav. Only problem i had was finding the location of "CLIPBOARD" on Windows Vista which so happens to be "hidden" in Microsoft Word.

I just have one question reguarding a location. Say im to generate a poke that was caught in the Pokewalker IE: Pikachu, what would the other location thingy be set to? Event or just grass, water, buildings, etc?

EDIT: Im having trouble downloading vs 2.225 on my Windows 7 powered laptop. The icon its showing when downloaded isnt the normal stack of books rather its a blank white page?? And i cant obviously unzip / extract anything O_o

Only problem i had was finding the location of "CLIPBOARD" on Windows Vista which so happens to be "hidden" in Microsoft Word.

The clipboard is where copied data is saved so that you can paste it elsewhere. You simply paste it into another program. (ctrl + v)

I just have one question reguarding a location. Say im to generate a poke that was caught in the Pokewalker IE: Pikachu, what would the other location thingy be set to? Event or just grass, water, buildings, etc?

I'm not sure what "other location thingy" is referring to. If you mean the ENCOUNTER type, I don't know. You can find information on these kinds of things in other threads.

EDIT: Im having trouble downloading vs 2.225 on my Windows 7 powered laptop. The icon its showing when downloaded isnt the normal stack of books rather its a blank white page?? And i cant obviously unzip / extract anything O_o

I just tried it and it's fine for me. It could've been a temporary server problem or a problem on your end.

Sorry for the late reply, Codr. Yeah, I'm running XP; I don't know what it is about this OS that makes it decide to put today's date into the "Caught On" window. All I do is load a .pkm file into Pokegen via the "File" menu (happens if I move one in from the party/box windows too), and when I switch to the tab with the Pokemon's caught date, it already says the current day. It seems to be happening as soon as the .pkm file is loaded. Hope that helps.

Sorry for the late reply, Codr. Yeah, I'm running XP; I don't know what it is about this OS that makes it decide to put today's date into the "Caught On" window. All I do is load a .pkm file into Pokegen via the "File" menu (happens if I move one in from the party/box windows too), and when I switch to the tab with the Pokemon's caught date, it already says the current day. It seems to be happening as soon as the .pkm file is loaded. Hope that helps.

Isn't it fixed in 2.225?

Hello Codr.

I found your program yesterday and I love it. Good job!

There's only one thing that bothers me because I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but that is - the pokémon that hatches from the eggs I make are always infected with the pokérus. Doesn't matter if the pokérus checkbox is checked, filled or empty. I'd like to have them with no virus/cured status. Is it supposed to be like that?

Using ARDS with SS.

I found your program yesterday and I love it. Good job!

Thanks.

There's only one thing that bothers me because I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but that is - the pokémon that hatches from the eggs I make are always infected with the pokérus. Doesn't matter if the pokérus checkbox is checked, filled or empty. I'd like to have them with no virus/cured status. Is it supposed to be like that?

Using ARDS with SS.

This isn't intended, I'll check to make sure nothing is wrong with the program.

Edit: I just tried and the hatched egg did not have the Pokerus. Maybe you have a Pokemon in your party infecting the egg? If that's even possible.

In v2.223, I found out the .pkm files from PokeGen weren't working with sendpkm (gave me error code 00000 and forced me to turn off the DS)

Loading and saving the .pkm file in Pokésav always fixed the problem.

I don't know if it works with v2.226, could someone try?

I said earlier that I loaded it in Pokésav then saved it and it worked.

So of course I had saved it in party Pokémon format. Pokésav doesn't let us load party Pokémon into the box.

I don't know if I'll get that problem again in v2.226.