That's the problem, I can't think of anything else, lol! Oooh, 2.01, gotta see the changelog. :P EDIT : Wow! Lol, you are VERY compelled and dedicated to this program, you recompiled the source just to fix a typo with the letter "G"? I admire you, a ton. xD Tremendous work effort, I gotta admit I would have waited until the next major released version. :P

BUT. I had an evil idea, well. I'm 16. I was thinking of making money on eBay creating Event Pokemon, (just an idea, I don't think I'll do it) and selling it. By getting the Pkm files from PKMDB.com,

BUT. If I had one idea, it would be to enable event pokemon in each of the games to be generated, such as how a movie Arceus triggers the event in Sinjoh Ruins, if you could throw in a Pokemon option to generate event gifts that would be awesome, for others. (I can already do it, but I'm thinking of everyone here) or you could create a different program, or different tab, that says Events, and include all the events that have been released to date. Could be named, Event Generator (ver number)

Again, sorry if this idea sounds VERY idiotic, I'm about ready to sleep and get ready for school, so my mind is laxing down. Besides, I'm not the programmer type, more of an ethical hacker, lmao. :P

Just possibly, we could make a website to host this, and a forum to help with the program, and other pokemon related questions. I'm pretty good with that stuff. The program could contain a link at the bottom of the program to redirect to the URL.
Edited by JiN1337
Website?

you recompiled the source just to fix a typo with the letter "G"? I admire you, a ton. xD Tremendous work effort, I gotta admit I would have waited until the next major released version. :P

Well, it takes literally 1 second to compile it and maybe 30 seconds to update the post. It's not as if it's a huge task.

BUT. I had an evil idea, well. I'm 16. I was thinking of making money on eBay creating Event Pokemon, (just an idea, I don't think I'll do it) and selling it. By getting the Pkm files from PKMDB.com

I don't think doing this would be legal.

BUT. If I had one idea, it would be to enable event pokemon in each of the games to be generated, such as how a movie Arceus triggers the event in Sinjoh Ruins, if you could throw in a Pokemon option to generate event gifts that would be awesome, for others. (I can already do it, but I'm thinking of everyone here) or you could create a different program, or different tab, that says Events, and include all the events that have been released to date. Could be named, Event Generator (ver number)

This is what .pkm files are for. I wouldn't go through the trouble of basically hard-coding a ton of them into the exe. It just doesn't make a lot of sense. (No offense.)

Again, sorry if this idea sounds VERY idiotic, I'm about ready to sleep and get ready for school, so my mind is laxing down. Besides, I'm not the programmer type, more of an ethical hacker, lmao. :P

I don't mind any suggestions at all. I just can't implement all of them though. Still, the effort is appreciated.

Just possibly, we could make a website to host this, and a forum to help with the program, and other pokemon related questions. I'm pretty good with that stuff. The program could contain a link at the bottom of the program to redirect to the URL.

That would be nice, I guess, but I honestly don't have the desire to set up or maintain such a thing.

I agree with it probably not being legal, I got the idea by searching eBay one day, seeing others do just that.

And no, I meant as Event pokemon, the few that trigger in game events, such as the Pichu, Jirachi, 2 Movie Arceus, not all the other ones lol. AND OH, a big one. An alternate Kyogre/Groundon SS/HG thing, like how the other counter-part has to be from an HG/SS game in order to obtain the Green Orb needed for battling Rayquaza, is there a way to emulate it without using event codes already? (other than trading)

By the way, like the new icon in 2.0.1, big red ball! Stands out more on the taskbar in Windows 7.

EDIT : Idea for Kyogre/Groundon, set the pokemon you need to the version it's from, under "Origin" I play HeartGold so I would set Groundon Origin from Jhoto [soulSilver] I'm going to test that!

And no, I meant as Event pokemon, the few that trigger in game events, such as the Pichu, Jirachi, 2 Movie Arceus, not all the other ones lol.

I'd just add a help file to the download that explains some of that in more detail before I'd put it into the program itself.

AND OH, a big one. An alternate Kyogre/Groundon SS/HG thing, like how the other counter-part has to be from an HG/SS game in order to obtain the Green Orb needed for battling Rayquaza, is there a way to emulate it without using event codes already? (other than trading)

You might be surprised by this, but I have yet to even play through any of the generation 4 games completely, so I don't even know anything about this particular event.

By the way, like the new icon in 2.0.1, big red ball! Stands out more on the taskbar in Windows 7.

It's a little bland, but I'm not exactly adept at making images look good.

Great program!

Only question I have -

With pokesav I could export the ARDS code and just drag it over to the ARDS no problem but I don't see the option to do that with PokeGen.

Once I generate the code do we have to type it in manually line by line or is there a quicker way to do it?

With pokesav I could export the ARDS code and just drag it over to the ARDS no problem but I don't see the option to do that with PokeGen.

Once I generate the code do we have to type it in manually line by line or is there a quicker way to do it?

So that's what the point of the .xml file is in Pokesav. I could definitely add this, I'd just have to do a bit of research first. At the moment, however, the most you can do is copy/paste, which I'm guessing isn't fast enough, or maybe you just don't know how to utilize it. I don't know why nobody else has mentioned this yet.

As I've mentioned before, I don't currently have the hardware to do any testing on.

Edit: I just watched a video of the Action Replay code manager and saw the person paste it directly in there. Why not do this?

Edit2: I was able to download the AR code manager and use it without having the actual hardware. I can add .xml output to the calculator quite easily... it should be in the next version.

Edited by Codr
-

I'm loving it! After spending two days with PokeSav to no real luck, I managed to finally flawlessly recreate my party. I do have one issue--if I save a Pokemon as a .pkm file, load a different Pokemon, then reload the first, it inexplicably sets it as currently being in a Egg, even when it was saved as being NOT in an egg. It's not a deal breaker, but it makes working on a Pokemon over an extended period of time somewhat cumbersome. It also doesn't seem to want to save the Hatched/Recieved data very well, reverting to Diamond and Pearl/Day-Care Couple and Platinum/Faraway Place if I save and reload a Pokemon that was originally HeartGold and SoulSiver/Day-Care Couple and HeartGold and SoulSilver/Goldenrod City. I know that as far as the coding codes, it's not really any difference, since Johto locations are read by D/P/Pt as being Faraway Place, but it's still bothersome.

I do have one issue--if I save a Pokemon as a .pkm file, load a different Pokemon, then reload the first, it inexplicably sets it as currently being in a Egg, even when it was saved as being NOT in an egg. It's not a deal breaker, but it makes working on a Pokemon over an extended period of time somewhat cumbersome.
I can't reproduce this. If you can post the two .pkm files you're using to accomplish it, it would help. I can check the code to see if I see any problems in the meantime.

Edit: I've checked and I don't see any problems with the code. I'd still like to see the .pkm files you're apparently causing this with, though.

It also doesn't seem to want to save the Hatched/Recieved data very well, reverting to Diamond and Pearl/Day-Care Couple and Platinum/Faraway Place if I save and reload a Pokemon that was originally HeartGold and SoulSiver/Day-Care Couple and HeartGold and SoulSilver/Goldenrod City. I know that as far as the coding codes, it's not really any difference, since Johto locations are read by D/P/Pt as being Faraway Place, but it's still bothersome.

I checked and there are issues with the way it's loading the data. I'll fix it. It's still not going to be perfect, however. Platinum and HG/SS all set the location data in exactly the same way, so there's no way to differentiate them unless the location is beyond the Platinum range.

Edited by Codr
-

Hms, did you go against my idea of multiple Pokemon creation yet? Cutting the codes out and pasting them in between the last code line above D2000000 00000000 seems to be a bother. I'd rather make multiple Pokes at once rather than just repeatedly copy and pasting or creating them one by one. This is quite a hassle.

That's quite a huge thing to ask for, so I don't mind if it takes forever. BTW... you should just keep the old small icon for PokeGEN. I can make one for you but I don't know what images sizes are required, haha.

Hms, did you go against my idea of multiple Pokemon creation yet? Cutting the codes out and pasting them in between the last code line above D2000000 00000000 seems to be a bother. I'd rather make multiple Pokes at once rather than just repeatedly copy and pasting or creating them one by one. This is quite a hassle.

That's quite a huge thing to ask for, so I don't mind if it takes forever.

So when you're using a code for multiple Pokemon, you cram it all into a single AR code, rather than multiple code entries with different names? That's what makes it more tricky, trying to cater to different ways of doing things. Regardless though, yes, that's a massive code change that I haven't thought through fully. I haven't made any definitive decision on it yet.

Edit: There's an alternative that might suit your needs without making me have to do a ridiculous amount of work. I could add an option to append codes when you click "Generate", rather than always making a new list. That obviously wouldn't let you make changes to already-generated Pokemon, though.

BTW... you should just keep the old small icon for PokeGEN. I can make one for you but I don't know what images sizes are required, haha.

It needs a 16x16 and 32x32 image. If you want to make something, feel free. It's not hard to make something better than what I did.

Edited by Codr
-

Appending? Yeah that'd be great. Gives me more of a reason to double check everything rather then getting punched in the head when I find something wrong when I put the Pokemon in game.

I don't see any issues. Great job =P

So that's what the point of the .xml file is in Pokesav. I could definitely add this, I'd just have to do a bit of research first. At the moment, however, the most you can do is copy/paste, which I'm guessing isn't fast enough, or maybe you just don't know how to utilize it. I don't know why nobody else has mentioned this yet.

As I've mentioned before, I don't currently have the hardware to do any testing on.

Edit: I just watched a video of the Action Replay code manager and saw the person paste it directly in there. Why not do this?

Edit2: I was able to download the AR code manager and use it without having the actual hardware. I can add .xml output to the calculator quite easily... it should be in the next version.

I'm having the same problem as Ashy.

Can you explain where we need to paste the code or w/e or link to the video you saw?

I'm used to just dragging over the xml file =\

After you create your pokemon, click Generate on PokeGen. Then, simply open the ARDS Code manager then go to the desired game and right click the game and hit Add new cheat. Just copy and paste the Generated code or just simply press Ctrl+V if you've hit the Generate button already. Make sure to name it, everything else there should be explanatory I guess.

But, Codr you should just add that .xml output as it saves a little bit of time.

*Edit: Err, press copy to clipboard after you press generate, my bad. After that everything is the same as I explained.

Im frustrated ): i made a code a few & i tried 1 so far

its for a shiny vulpix in the box box 13 im sure if not box its any box after 13

& you press L&r well it didnt work & i just checked i copied it perfectly :/

): ill post the code if sum1 culd test it? i have heartgold so im not sure

if it matters which game :/

Shiny Vulpix

94000130 FCFF0000

B2111880 00000000

E001B710 00000088

F593963A AF020000

9651130C C27E9823

2AA94DAE B11F4BF0

32050C71 591D58EA

77ACF51C 2F9AB9C3

A12B730F 5D3E0339

2C3F5BE5 0645B843

20E1069B 52B4A3B6

A5257747 B38E9D5C

3A93DFDA 56F49F23

A9502D4E 9158CC7E

37E747C5 D21DA5D6

B4F0677B DEB292D7

5D2771B9 004F7AE2

9E206D07 9080C5F9

AD8BDE62 3D6318CB

2D4D9B35 EE4D72BF

D2000000 00000000

Im frustrated ): i made a code a few & i tried 1 so far

its for a shiny vulpix in the box box 13 im sure if not box its any box after 13

& you press L&r well it didnt work & i just checked i copied it perfectly :/

): ill post the code if sum1 culd test it? i have heartgold so im not sure

if it matters which game :/

Shiny Vulpix

94000130 FCFF0000

B2111880 00000000

E001B710 00000088

F593963A AF020000

9651130C C27E9823

2AA94DAE B11F4BF0

32050C71 591D58EA

77ACF51C 2F9AB9C3

A12B730F 5D3E0339

2C3F5BE5 0645B843

20E1069B 52B4A3B6

A5257747 B38E9D5C

3A93DFDA 56F49F23

A9502D4E 9158CC7E

37E747C5 D21DA5D6

B4F0677B DEB292D7

5D2771B9 004F7AE2

9E206D07 9080C5F9

AD8BDE62 3D6318CB

2D4D9B35 EE4D72BF

D2000000 00000000

PM'd you. It works.

I got a question regarding shinnies.

Can I make a .pkmn file using this program and then open it on pokesav to make the pokemon shinny in such a way that it keeps my Trainer IDs instead of changing them to the Shinny ID trainer thing? Also, will the game recognize the supposed pokemon as a fake once i get the AR code from pokesav?

I got a question regarding shinnies.

Can I make a .pkmn file using this program and then open it on pokesav to make the pokemon shinny in such a way that it keeps my Trainer IDs instead of changing them to the Shinny ID trainer thing? Also, will the game recognize the supposed pokemon as a fake once i get the AR code from pokesav?

There's absolutely no reason to use Pokesav for this. You need a PID to match your trainer IDs in order for it to be shiny. The PID Finder lets you find one.

There's absolutely no reason to use Pokesav for this. You need a PID to match your trainer IDs in order for it to be shiny. The PID Finder lets you find one.

Uh...

When ever I try making a shiny with my ID on this program, it never comes out shiny regardless of what I did with the PID. And if I click the Generate Shiny ID in the OT/Misc tab, i lose my trainer info and the pokemon comes out as an "Apparently...".

So... i was wondering if creating a pokemon on this program(since it's easier) could be then opened in pokesav to make it shiny and still keep my Trainer IDs. O.o

Am I doing something wrong that's causing this to happen though?

EDIT:

It was something that I was doing.

I think.... that it was because I was finding PID first and then inputing my trainer IDs. Not sure, but i tried doing trainer info first and the shiny pokemon appeared in game.

Edited by redding
Problem solved

I think.... that it was because I was finding PID first and then inputing my trainer IDs. Not sure, but i tried doing trainer info first and the shiny pokemon appeared in game.

The tooltip for the "shiny" checkbox in the PID Finder tells you this, although I guess it can be a little unclear if you're not very familiar with the process.