Ok, now I have myself confused xD When you enter a value for SP Attack in the PID generator it inserts as the value for SP Defense on the main page and vice versa. But now they actually match and I didn't edit it on the main page. Does this glitch only happen sometimes?

What happens is this:

1. PID dialog is opened.

2. PID dialog's IVs get set to what the main dialog's IVs currently are. (This is done properly.)

3. Select PID from the list and click "OK".

4. Main dialog's IVs get set to the PID dialog's IVs, but with the special attack and special defense reversed.

Note that the PID generator's list doesn't update until you click "Generate" again.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. It's already fixed for the next version.

[english]

Hello again. I am delighted to see that you've continued to update your program and have added the method GBA pokemons events.

This ocation suggest if you want you can add in the generator PIDs, the option while you search for a PID Shiny pokemon IDs already involved with the search criteria already selected. This would create Shinys pokemons with the IDs that you want and the characteristics of the PID-IVs method selected.

Well, for now is all I can think of, everything else is excellent, good work and continues well

[spanish]

Hola de nuevo. Me da mucho gusto ver que has seguido actualizando tu programa y has añadido el método de eventos pokemons de GBA.

Esta ocación te quiero proponer si es posible añadir en el Generador de PIDs, la opción de al mismo tiempo buscar una PID Shiny para los IDs del pokemon ya insertados, con el criterio de busqueda ya seleccionado. Esto permitiria crear pokemons con Shinys con los IDs que uno quiera y las caracteristicas del método PID-IVs seleccionadas.

Bueno, por el momento es todo lo que se me ocurre, por todo lo demas esta excelente, buen trabajo y sigue asi

This ocation suggest if you want you can add in the generator PIDs, the option while you search for a PID Shiny pokemon IDs already involved with the search criteria already selected. This would create Shinys pokemons with the IDs that you want and the characteristics of the PID-IVs method selected.

A new PID generator is going to be added soon. I already intended to add a shiny check to it.

Does anyone know what the information about where you met a pokemon and and the encounter type are for a pokemon obtained from the Celadon City game corner is, or one obtained from bill?

Also, if a pokemon were Level 10, but it already had 510 Effort values the effort values can't be changed can they?

Edited by Amy Jane

Also, if a pokemon were Level 10, but it already had 510 Effort values the effort values can't be changed can they?

If you're referring strictly to in-game options, I think there's some way to lower EVs with an item of some sort, but I'm not entirely sure.

I meant it in the sense that if I make a pokemon that already has it's effort values filled up they'll stay how I set them and not change based on what pokemon I battle in game.

As far as I know, yes, once they're maxed out (510), they don't change unless you lower them with an item. (Assuming that item exists... I think it does.)

Could you post the older versions of the application (I mean 1.2)? The new one doesn't work on my computer. ;/

I can't imagine why that would happen unless you have some pre-existing problem on your PC. What exactly happens when you try to run the generator program? I don't keep old versions around, so I'd rather diagnose what's going on with the current one.

Well, my computer is freezing and then I have to restart it. That's all I can say. It's happened after I updated to new version, the older one has worked normally. I've no idea, why it's happening.

What operating system are you using? I can't think of anything that would cause this in the current code other than some incompatibility with an OS older than Windows XP.

I use Windows XP HE. Maybe it's computer's fault but, as I have said earlier, the older version worked poperly. But I am also going to try the new one with other computer. Maybe it will work on it.

I don't really have anything to go off of to try to fix the problem. Does it freeze the instant you run the exe? Does anything at all show up prior to the freeze? Does a certain action within the dialog cause the freeze? Detail is really important for determining what's going on.

Is there a way to make Shiny pokemon OT to you? because every time I generate a shiny ID it changes the two ID numbers and they don't match my actual IDs anymore.

It needs a PID that properly matches your IDs. The PID generator doesn't go through the entire list of possible PIDs at the moment, which is why I'm upgrading it. I can't give an estimate on when it'll be ready though. I'm almost done with a dialog overhaul, but am encountering some problems.

Ah. Well I'm eagerly awaiting the updated version. Entering 22 lines of code will be so much better than having to do 38. ^_^

Oh, one other question. I made a mew that was supposed to be captured in a love ball, but when I put it into the game it showed up as a pokeball. Do you know why that is?

Oh, one other question. I made a mew that was supposed to be captured in a love ball, but when I put it into the game it showed up as a pokeball. Do you know why that is?

What did you have the two "game" settings set to? It's possible that it's not doing the balls properly.

I've uploaded 2.0. The updated PID finder (previously the PID generator) was finally completed, plus some other major changes. Read the versions.txt file, as always.

Edited by Codr

[english]

Thank you very much!. I am testing the program and so far I seem excellent improvements you've done the program, I see very complete and functional. Congratulations!

Perhaps the only thing you can add the methods for the PID-IVs Munchlax Honey Tree and Event Shinys Zigzaggons GBA, which entirely ignorant, but everything else is very comprehensive

[spanish]

Muchas gracias!!!. Estoy probando el programa y hasta ahora me parecen excelentes las mejoras que le has hecho al programa, lo veo muy completo y funcional. Felicidades!!

Tal vez lo único que le puedes agregar los metodos de PID-IVs correspondientes al Munchlax de Honey Tree y los Zigzaggons Shinys de Evento GBA, los cuales desconozco completamente, pero por todo lo demas esta muy completo

[english]Thank you very much!. I am testing the program and so far I seem excellent improvements you've done the program, I see very complete and functional. Congratulations!

Thanks for the feedback, as always.

Perhaps the only thing you can add the methods for the PID-IVs Munchlax Honey Tree and Event Shinys Zigzaggons GBA, which entirely ignorant

I don't know anything about those two things. I'm willing to consider them if you can provide some more information.

Thanks Codr, for making this program, but also continuing to better it as well! It doesn't look like Pokesav is going to be updated soon, but the revisions you made to 2.0, made it simpler, easier and smaller to use. I've had no problems using this, at all. Everything works to the 100th percentile. In addition, I love how it supports Platinum and Pearl/Diamond, we can replace this instead of using Pokesav, which sometimes gave me problems with the OT data. I do have a suggestion, if you do not mind however. On the stats page, where you can set IV/EVs, would it be possible to include the stats of the Pokemon, so you can view them before creating them? Thanks for your time, and work! Keep it up!

Thanks Codr, for making this program, but also continuing to better it as well! It doesn't look like Pokesav is going to be updated soon, but the revisions you made to 2.0, made it simpler, easier and smaller to use. I've had no problems using this, at all. Everything works to the 100th percentile. In addition, I love how it supports Platinum and Pearl/Diamond, we can replace this instead of using Pokesav, which sometimes gave me problems with the OT data.

You're welcome. It's nice to see that the work is appreciated. It's too bad some people are too stubborn to try something new though. Pokesav is very cumbersome to use.

I do have a suggestion, if you do not mind however. On the stats page, where you can set IV/EVs, would it be possible to include the stats of the Pokemon, so you can view them before creating them?

Are you referring to base stats? With 2.0, the resulting stats WERE added, so I'm confused.

Yeah, I noticed that addition, and it was awesome! Sorry for being not very clear, it turns out I was using it wrong, I see after you select IV/EVs the stats are viewable. Thanks, sorry for the mistake. In any case, I'd say it's pretty much perfect.