I have the Action Replay but using the Action Replay Code Manager, I do not know how to take a saved file from your program and putting it into the Code Manager. If you could step me through it would be great.

For using the codes, you don't save anything. You need to copy the codes after you click "Generate" and add them to the Action Replay by whatever means it provides. I don't have one myself, so I don't know exactly how you go about doing this. I know that older devices let you manually enter them in a very tedious process or connect it to your PC and use a program to easily add codes.

I love your tool, but how do I find my hidden trainer ID?

There are codes to let you view it in-game. That's the easiest way to do it. I don't know what the code is, but I know it's in one of the other large threads in this forum section.

Is it possible to some how add a 2nd type to pokemon who are only 1 type? I want a ghost - dark pokemon but both sable eye and spiritomb look completely crap. So like i was thinking is it possible to like add ghost type to umbreon?

Just a thought...

Is it possible to some how add a 2nd type to pokemon who are only 1 type? I want a ghost - dark pokemon but both sable eye and spiritomb look completely crap. So like i was thinking is it possible to like add ghost type to umbreon?

You could probably do that with RAM editing, but that's beyond the scope of this program. The data that's manipulated by this program doesn't contain type information of any kind.

Just wanted to say thanks for making this program. I've successfully used it to create some "legal" pokes for my games and it's been the easiest and most pain free method I've come across to make pokemon for my games.

I'm glad to hear it. Have you been able to use these Pokemon where "hack checks" are done? I'd like to know if they successfully pass through those. Thanks for the feedback, btw.

Is there anyway to keep Shaymin is sky form permanently? He reverts to land form in the night or when he's frozen. He's land form looks crap. Have to wait til day to revert him again :(

Anyway for permanent sky form???????????????????????????????????

Hey, I found your program last night and I really like it ^_^ It's very straight forward. I have to enter all the codes manually cause my computer is a 64 bit OS which is kinda a pain, 38 lines of code per pokemon XP but anyway, that's what leads me to post here. You've been mentioning that you plan on updating the program and I was wondering if there is any way you could include a box that would let us set which Characteristic we'd like our pokemon to have? (ie: Mischievous, Likes to thrash about, etc.) Last night I made a Misdreavus for myself and put it into the game. The whole reason I want to use a pokemon creator program rather than catching a wild one is because the chances of finding a Misdreavus with the gender, nature and characteristic I want is 1/1500 (and that's not even taking into account the chances of encountering one to begin with.) So after making it and entering all 38 lines of code I found it in the box and the characteristic was wrong. I tried turning off the power and starting the code again but it's the same every time. This is even more ineffectual that catching a wild one I think. I don't want to use the program to make super cheat pokemon that are unbeatable, I'd just like to be able to have the initial properties of the pokemon be to my liking and then I can train them legitimately within the game. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Oh, I had a couple other questions about the program.

1. On the PID generator screen, what is the Method thing? I don't understand what any of the options are/mean.

2. What is the Extra Bytes thing? What do the different option mean/do?

Is there anyway to keep Shaymin is sky form permanently? He reverts to land form in the night or when he's frozen. He's land form looks crap. Have to wait til day to revert him again :(

Anyway for permanent sky form?

I'm afraid I don't really know anything about how Shaymin works. I don't know if what you're experiencing is a result of the generated codes being wrong (which I doubt) or if the game is designed to make Shaymin work that way.

I have to enter all the codes manually cause my computer is a 64 bit OS which is kinda a pain, 38 lines of code per pokemon

The codes are unusually long because when I first started development on the generation 4 games, I had issues with Desmume (emulator) not working properly with the shorter codes. I just tried again and they apparently work now. (Maybe I was just doing it wrong back then too, I don't know.) I'll shorten the generated codes in the next update. They'll be 22 lines instead.

You've been mentioning that you plan on updating the program and I was wondering if there is any way you could include a box that would let us set which Characteristic we'd like our pokemon to have? (ie: Mischievous, Likes to thrash about, etc.)

I just did a bit of searching and found that these "characteristics" are determined by IVs. The highest IV's value determines what it is. I don't have a list at the moment for you, but http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070726063436AAi8JZB is where I got the information from. I tested and it seems accurate. To add to what's on that page, if all IVs are the same value, it then uses the PID to determine the message.

To answer your question, yes, I can add that at some point, but for now, you'll have to figure it out manually. I can't do a quick add for it at the moment as the program is in the middle of some significant changes.

1. On the PID generator screen, what is the Method thing? I don't understand what any of the options are/mean.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation can answer your question in detail. To be brief though: when a PID is generated by the game, it's done by two random numbers being combined. There are then two more numbers that're randomly generated to determine the IVs. The methods listed describe the sequence of random numbers.

For example, A-B-C-D means that the first four random numbers were used. A-C-D-E would mean that the first was used, the second was skipped, and the third through fifth were used. This is an important part of Pokemon legality. The generation 4 games supposedly always use method 1 when generating a Pokemon. Event Pokemon can have method 10 or 11 from what I know.

2. What is the Extra Bytes thing? What do the different option mean/do?

As the tooltip says, there are extra bytes (meaning extra data) that we either don't know the purpose of or the data just isn't used by the game. I've provided a way for them to be edited in the event that it's discovered that these bytes ARE needed for legality purposes.

Shaymin does work that way, i know that much. Just wanted to know if thers a way to keep him in sky form, i cant find a code that keeps it permanently day

Then it's not related to the generator. I can't help you with that, sorry.

Thanks for the quick answer. :) I was wondering about one other thing. Since my DS won't work with my computer is it possible for me to trade a pokemon that I captured to someone else and have them find my Secret ID for me? I want the game to think the pokemon really are OT me.

I was wondering about one other thing. Since my DS won't work with my computer is it possible for me to trade a pokemon that I captured to someone else and have them find my Secret ID for me? I want the game to think the pokemon really are OT me.

You could just use one of the secret ID Action Replay codes to find it yourself. You don't need any sort of connection with your PC for that.

Also, whenever I use the PID Generator it always changes the SP Attack to the SP defense on the stats part of the form. What can I do about that?

When you click "OK" on the PID generator dialog with a PID selected in the list, it sets the IVs on the main dialog to the IVs of that PID. I just tried and can't produce any problems with it.

Edit: Oh, you're right, I must have just mixed them up. I'll fix it in the next release.

When is the next release?

Essence is correct regarding releases. It's just when I get around to fixing everything and feel that it should be uploaded.

Oh, also, when you use the PID generator it sometimes edits the gender of the pokemon, and it won't let you change it

Unless there's a bug that I'm unaware of, it intentionally changes the genders based on the Pokemon you select. ...but I think I know what you're saying. There's not really any reason for it to be limited like that. The current PID generator didn't get much work done to it, as I have a redesign planned that hasn't been completed. It's not surprising that it's awkward/buggy.

Unless there's a bug that I'm unaware of, it intentionally changes the genders based on the Pokemon you select. ...but I think I know what you're saying. There's not really any reason for it to be limited like that. The current PID generator didn't get much work done to it, as I have a redesign planned that hasn't been completed. It's not surprising that it's awkward/buggy.

Weird, it works quite well with me. The only thing that forces gender change is to pokemon who have select genders. Other than that all I have to do is pick male of female and it turns out correct.

Weird, it works quite well with me. The only thing that forces gender change is to pokemon who have select genders. Other than that all I have to do is pick male of female and it turns out correct.

I know, but considering "Either" is selectable at all times regardless, there's no real point to limit it to male or female if a Pokemon can only be one or the other. That's all I was trying to say.

Ok, now I have myself confused xD When you enter a value for SP Attack in the PID generator it inserts as the value for SP Defense on the main page and vice versa. But now they actually match and I didn't edit it on the main page. Does this glitch only happen sometimes?