IT WORKS!!!! : D

thank you very much, you sir are the GOD of programming xD

I appreciate this alot (my scizor does too xD)

You're welcome, I'm glad the issue is resolved. I wouldn't have had many ideas for what else could be causing it.

perhaps the game doesn't like exact combinations or values or even Pokemon for that matter... just a thought

It's obvious what caused your problem, since the change I made fixed it for you. The old codes were overwriting data that they shouldn't have been, which the game didn't like.

I made an account here to tell you that I can't get the met location thing to work. I'm making a new Spiky-Eared Pichu and I put Ilex forest as the location. However, when I put the code in and activate it and look at the Pichu's met location is ---------. What the heck(ll) is wrong with that?

A thought occured to me, would it be possible to set the stats directly with this?

i mean, could you add an optional part instead of IVs and EP's that instead generates stats?

considering there just memory locations, im sure they could be changed to anything up to 999

A thought occured to me, would it be possible to set the stats directly with this?

i mean, could you add an optional part instead of IVs and EP's that instead generates stats?

considering there just memory locations, im sure they could be changed to anything up to 999

Pretty sure that "999" stats were removed ever since we went to the 4th Generation. It's highly unlikely for it to appear again unless it's in the game's coding which probably isn't.

so stats are based to pokemon only? seems like an awful amount of extra code Normally, if it has three digits, a game value can be maxed to 999, i know that health can be in pokemon, quite frankly, i just want to change scizors speed to 300 so that it = scythers xD

since i still feel its slower than it should be

I made an account here to tell you that I can't get the met location thing to work. I'm making a new Spiky-Eared Pichu and I put Ilex forest as the location. However, when I put the code in and activate it and look at the Pichu's met location is ---------. What the heck(ll) is wrong with that?

I tested and confirmed that this is happening. I'll look into it.

Edit: I've fixed the problem. I'll be uploading a new version fairly soon, with a much-needed addition as well.

You probably can modify certain memory addresses to change stats while in a battle, but they'd only be temporary, if that even works at all. For the purposes of this program though, no, nothing like that can be done.

I was considering adding the ability to see what the resulting stat would be based on the level, IV, and EVs you've entered though.

Edited by Codr
-

Alright, thank you. I'll keep a look out on the bugs as well. I suggest you make a HG/SS Encounter list such as the 'Caught in Buildings D/P/Pt' for HGSS or remove them. I don't see a need in them truthfully, unless you can tell me otherwise.

*The attached file seems to be broken at the moment.

Edited by Essence
Broken attached file.

I suggest you make a HG/SS Encounter list such as the 'Caught in Buildings D/P/Pt' for HGSS or remove them. I don't see a need in them truthfully, unless you can tell me otherwise.

I honestly don't have a clue what it's for either, but for someone trying to achieve a completely legal Pokemon, they probably need to be able to set it. As for a specific list for HG/SS, there may be a few new "encounter" types, but most of them will still be the same.

*The attached file seems to be broken at the moment.

You caught it right in the middle of me updating it.

Ah, I see. The new version seems to work so far. I'll tell you if I come across anything, the HG/SS PokeSAV doesn't seem to work for me as it's missing everything I'm aiming for.

*Just a suggestion, but you should add a feature that lets you make multiple pokemon. I don't like having to make a pokemon code and extract part of the code to the first pokemon code I made. ie,.

94000130 FCFF0000

D3000000 00000000

B2111880 00000000

here->0000F710 3C6FC780

0000F714 5C5C0000

0000F718 4B6BE773

0000F71C 11B0AF72

0000F720 3599322E

0000F724 D7C7A0C5

0000F728 0F589779

0000F72C 227C4164

0000F730 32EC63C7

0000F734 FF82DABD

0000F738 D3355B90

0000F73C 4CC8D28E

0000F740 8CEC7120

0000F744 7F253CDF

0000F748 C82C75B6

0000F74C B7B29931

0000F750 AE34EFCD

0000F754 B1172EF7

0000F758 B646D59E

0000F75C 4ACBBC7C

0000F760 149EE11E

0000F764 17C970FE

0000F768 815EA7DB

0000F76C C48CA50C

0000F770 1ADCB413

0000F774 01D7C981

0000F778 9C85B2C3

0000F77C 4EEC551B

0000F780 C2C7A4F7

0000F784 42267851

0000F788 C74F9B82

0000F78C BBCAECCC

0000F790 B40E5D11

0000F794 486781D3<-here

[Attach the other Codes here]

D2000000 00000000

Edited by Essence
-

I doubt I'll get many, or any, responses to this, but does anyone actually use this program for the GBA games? I was considering removing support for them to make things a little easier on myself, but I'm not sure.

*Just a suggestion, but you should add a feature that lets you make multiple pokemon.

That's not a bad idea, although it'd probably require quite a bit of work with the way it's currently designed. I may do it, but only after I get the PID generator the way I want it. Do you happen to know just how many lines can be in a single code on the Action Replay? It'd have to be limited for sure, I just don't know what that limit is.

I doubt I'll get many, or any, responses to this, but does anyone actually use this program for the GBA games? I was considering removing support for them to make things a little easier on myself, but I'm not sure.

That's not a bad idea, although it'd probably require quite a bit of work with the way it's currently designed. I may do it, but only after I get the PID generator the way I want it. Do you happen to know just how many lines can be in a single code on the Action Replay? It'd have to be limited for sure, I just don't know what that limit is.

As for the GBA games, no, I don't. Gave and traded them away a long time ago so it's of no use to me really.

As for the limit, I think it's around 450-500 lines, not quite sure. If it's beyond 500, all I know is that the game will not start considering there's too many line of codes in that particular cheat. This mostly happens when you create too many pokemon on PokeSAV or any other program. So a good guess would be around 400 lines.

*Though, I want to know how to program. Mind telling me how you're editing this stuff? I don't mind if it's really complicated O.o

Ok, I downloaded the new version and i noticed that your description on fateful encounter isn't very clear :D. Im sure not sure myself but I found a use for it. I think it relates to event pokemon. The coversion of Shaymin from land to sky from requires Gracidea's Flower. However it MUST be an EVENT Shaymin. So I tried generating one and sadly it didn't work :/

I did it like 30 min later, with fateful encounter on and what do u know, it worked.

Just incase one of u ask how to get a flying Shaymin :P

Ok, I downloaded the new version and i noticed that your description on fateful encounter isn't very clear :D. Im sure not sure myself but I found a use for it. I think it relates to event pokemon. The coversion of Shaymin from land to sky from requires Gracidea's Flower. However it MUST be an EVENT Shaymin. So I tried generating one and sadly it didn't work :/

I did it like 30 min later, with fateful encounter on and what do u know, it worked.

Just incase one of u ask how to get a flying Shaymin :P

There are several things I'm unfamiliar with regarding the Pokemon data. As you discovered, this was one of them. I'll add some more information to the tooltip, thanks.

Edit: Btw, the generator has the ability to generate a Sky Form Shaymin directly but I apparently broke it in the current version. It's fixed for the next release.

As for the limit, I think it's around 450-500 lines, not quite sure. If it's beyond 500, all I know is that the game will not start considering there's too many line of codes in that particular cheat. This mostly happens when you create too many pokemon on PokeSAV or any other program. So a good guess would be around 400 lines.

Thanks. I don't currently have the actual hardware to test on myself, so I have no idea what its limitations are.

Though, I want to know how to program. Mind telling me how you're editing this stuff? I don't mind if it's really complicated O.o

The generator is made with a language called C++, with Visual Studio (software that provides an environment for editing, debugging, and much more). If you genuinely have interest in programming, you've probably heard of them before. I'm not sure what more to say than that, you'd have to ask something more specific.

Edited by Codr

Thanks. I don't currently have the actual hardware to test on myself, so I have no idea what its limitations are.

Yeah, it is around 400-500 lines. The game will not even start if I add something so filled with codes. Like, a storage, it will only go up to a certain number of pokemon which the limit is around 15. If it's probably more than that the beginning screen of the game will be white, it won't even go to the GameFreak copyright.

A new version has been uploaded.

The PID generator will be updated next, assuming no other problems are discovered. After that, I'll see about adding the ability to generate more than one Pokemon at a time.

Hey codr, I used your program to make my pokemon and I got the code that I wanted. How do I transfer this code to my ds?

You need an Action Replay device to utilize the codes. If you have one, you should be able to easily find information on how to add new codes to it, whether it's manually or by your PC.