My Battle Frontier team

battle frontier is getting on my nerve lol, so now i tried to build a team specifically for it.

Dragonite w/Dragon Fang

-Dragon Pulse

-Fly

-Brick Break

-Aqua Tail

Hitmonchan w/Fist Plate

-Thunderpunch

-Firepunch

-Icepunch

-Close Combat

Shedinja w/Spell Tag

-Shadow Ball

-Toxic

-X-Scissor

-Aerial Ace

what do you think ???

all of them are ev trained, and of course i know the difference between physical and special attacks

If they are EV trained, then you should list the EV distribution and natures.

If you know the difference between physical and special attacks, then why are you using Shadow Ball on Shedinja? Shedinja has a laughable special attack base stat of 30, whereas it's physical attack is 90 and can be boosted by Swords Dance.

lol, i just putted it because its the strongest ghost attack it can learn, but now that you say it i think ill change it for shadow claw

It's the strongest it can learn via level up.

Shedinja's best ghost attack is Shadow Sneak, but it needs SD to power that up to become decent.

But using Shedinja means you basically need to build your team around it. You usually don't need to worry about Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes in the Battle Tower. But you'll need a move to change the weather to something that doesn't damage, and something to cover Shedinja's weaknesses. Currently Dragonite shares a Rock weakness with it.

actually you are right in one thing i didnt see, which are the weaknesses. the last pkmn of the foe was a scyther, who killed my dragonite (it had little health due to the other two pkmns). and with one wing attack it killed both my shedinja and hitmonchan.

btw....shedinja cannot learn Swords Dance

i think that the main problem is shedinja because most of the time i can kill almost any other pkmn with one dragon pulse or close combat

actually you are right in one thing i didnt see, which are the weaknesses. the last pkmn of the foe was a scyther, who killed my dragonite (it had little health due to the other two pkmns). and with one wing attack it killed both my shedinja and hitmonchan.

btw....shedinja cannot learn Swords Dance

i think that the main problem is shedinja because most of the time i can kill almost any other pkmn with one dragon pulse or close combat

Shedinja learns Swords Dance if you evolve Nincada into a Ninjask at the level Ninjask learns Swords Dance (level 25). I know, how odd that the TM will not teach it Swords Dance. I was frustrated with Ninetales not being able to learn the TM for Energy Ball when it is a hereditary move. Don't ask me, blame Gamefreak for that.

Anyhow, if you can, try getting the item "Focus Sash" on Shedinja. It helps against non-status moves so that if you make one mistake, Shedinja will live through one hit... although the item is consumed after usage. I am not sure if they give it back to you after the battle ends in Battle Frontier though.

In the early battle frontier matches (21 assuming you kept winning), your Hitmonchan might survive especially if it has Iron fist, But it will definitely struggle when facing most OU pkmn, so i recommand replacing it with better fighting pkmn, like Machamp or Medicham.

Shedinja CAN learn swords dance, all you need to do is follow these easy steps :

1. Make sure you have an empty space in your party.

2. Level up Nincada to leve 25 and evolve it.

3. Teach Ninjask Swords Dance.

The resulting Shedinja will have a duplicate of Ninjask's moveset.

This can be applied to any move Ninjask learns through leveling up (slash, agility, etc.).

Well if you want Shedinja on your team, you can't keep the other two. Fighting types are weak to Flying, and Dragonite is weak to rock. You need to build a team so that between TWO Pokemon,you cover all of Shedinja's SE weaknesses. In addition to that, at least one of those two Pokemon needs to set up Rain Dance or Sunny Day.

You want to follow Randomspot555 and Wraith89 pieces of advice, Using Focus Sash and pkmn that can get rid of Shedinja's counters and set up Rain Dance or Sunny day greatly helps it eliminate its biggest threats.

To answer your question, try teaching Shedinja X-scissor and Protect as well, as for the held item, Focus Sash is a good choice, it may not protect Shedinja from Status changing attacks like Lum berry does, but it saves it from Weather effects like Sandstorm and supereffective attacks.

X-Scissor is TM81, Protect is TM17.

Although Shadow Claw is more powerful, Shadow Sneak allows Shedinja to always move first. Sucker Punch does the same but it's not a STAB move since its type is dark but can help you against Normal type or another Shedinja.

Protect can be removed/added depending on how you plan to use Shedinja : if you plan to use a lock-down strategy, keep Shedinja hidden until you fully identify an opposing pkmn moveset, and use it accordingly. Protect is useful in this case. Or you can just switch in Shedinja anytime to cripple an opponent with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic and then switch out. Aerial Ace can be a good choice too, it may not give you a bonus like X-Scissor does but it will never miss your target. This is particularly useful against pkmn with high evasiveness. I've faced a Shedinja in the Battle Hall and it had Aerial Ace.

Not much to tell about EVs, you should know by now that it is required to equally invest in both Attack and Speed.

So here are our best options :

Shedinja @ Focus Sash / Lum berry , 252 ATK&SPE, and 4 for DEF or SPD

moves :

- Protect / Will-O-Wisp / Toxic

- X-Scissor / Aerial Ace

- Shadow Sneak / Sucker Punch

- Swords Dance

Note : It is also possible to use both Protect and a status modifying move in the same moveset.

Jolteon has a weak ATK, so it's much more useful to replace double kick with something like Hidden power Ice, or Shadow Ball. Hidden power Ice and Thunderbolt has always been a good combination.

As for Starmie, you could try using Grass Knot instead of Thunderbolt to counter the likes of Swampert.

how about a jolteon with:

-discharge/thunderbolt

-rain dance

-double kick

-thunder wave

and a starmie with:

-surf

-thunderbolt

-rain dance

-signal beam

pretty nice huh ???

Starmie shares a dark and ghost weakness. Both are also really bad sets.

Since you still aren't posting EVs, I'm going to close this. If you want to make it past the first 7-14 matches of the Battle Tower, the more you know about raising your Pokemon the better.

Dark Pokemon? Teach it Signal Beam then. The proper Hidden Power is pretty hard to get so usually I do not bother. Mine ends up with stupid stuff like HP Elec Jolteon or HP Water Vaporeon... but if you are lucky, then go for it. Keep in mind Hidden Power ranges from power 30-70... and if you want Hidden Power Fighting for Dark Pokemon... well, aside from Tyranitar, Signal Beam is more reliable.