Gen I JP Bug

ShadowMario3

Not sure when it started to occur with the latest PKHeX, but I noticed that some Pokemon in Gen I JP games started appearing as Invalid due to the catch rate. These Pokemon have never been transferred or used in Gen II or Pokemon Stadium 2. The image I uploaded shows how it looks on the latest version of PKHeX (left) compared to an older version (20190919, right).

Guess it's due to PKHeX seeing the catch rate for these Pokemon as 255, which might not be normal? When I load a US Gen I save, the catch rate for these Pokemon appear normal (which is 173, which are Berries in Gen II) with no legality issues.

PKHeX Gen I JP Bug 01.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asia81 said:

I also have the exact same problem about catch rate as reported here as of today :

Didn't notice that comment. It seems that the US versions overall have no issue with catch rates, but Japanese and other international releases do have this issue.

I tested out 200622, and it doesn't flag them as Invalid (so legality for Gen I checks was changed with the latest release or in 200718), but it still gives them a 255 catch rate which I believe is inaccurate, so the underlying problem seems to have been there for a while.

Edited by ShadowMario3

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out Kaphotics fixed all of the Gen I issues (that I was seeing at least) in a dev version around the time I made this post: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/issues/2964#issuecomment-673888005

You can either download said version (linked in the comment I linked to) and build it (I used Visual Studio 2019) on your own, or you can simply wait for the next official version of PKHeX which should have these changes.

• Like 1