Edit Item Locations in B/W

Hello peoples. I've been working on a Pokemon Black mod for a while now, and the last thing I'd like to do is change an in-game item into another one. Specifically, I figured I'd change some random item in the Pinwheel Forest into the Liberty Pass. From what I can find, there doesn't seem to be a tool to do this. I can find some reference to perhaps TWISTEDFATAL having a tool for this, but all his download links seem to be down (I can only find the Moveset and Trade editors). Any ideas on how I could do this?

I also thought of perhaps editing the starters to hold the Liberty Pass by default, but can't seem to do that either. The Rom Changer tool doesn't seem to work for me, now that the ROM I'm using isn't clean anymore...

• 4 weeks later...

For the Item IDs, use the Bulbapedia link attached: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_items_by_index_number_(Generation_V)

This will give you the number you need to alter in hex to change into the Liberty Pass (Item # 574  Hex#  0x023E)

You will need to find the script that is associated with Pinwheel Forest / the area you want to receive the pass (Eg. When Lenora gives you a Moon Stone) and change the number of the item they give you in the script , to the Liberty Pass item number via Hex editting and use of NPRE 1226 (If you look up some of Kaphotics Tutorials it should help you out alot)

There is a possibility of using Hex to add / edit an NPC to give you the Liberty Pass in-game in Castelia or any other point of the game,  if you reverse engineer some of the scripts / view Kaphotics NPC Give-item tutorial on Youtube.

Hope this helps!