Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (US) - Text Speed Modifier

evandixon

5 hours ago, XModxGodX said:

Should work in theory but I can't test the European ips files:

GTI text speed up.zip 880 B · 1 download

I tried using Lunar IPS to patch the "E code x2.ips" over my "00040000000BA900_v00.trim.standard.cia" that I'd dumped directly from the cartridge using GodMode9, but after installing it in Citra it would just crash immediately when trying to load it up. I then converted that .cia file to a .3ds file using 3DS To CIA Converter v4.1 and tried patching over that .3ds file instead, but again it would just crash immediately when trying to load it in Citra. Would you mind sharing the method you used to create the patches so I can try for myself, since I have access to a European ROM to test with?

18 hours ago, XModxGodX said:

You just rename it code.ips and put it in your mod folder for  your 3ds you put it in root:\luma\titles\00040000000BA800 (or in your case root:\luma\titles\00040000000BA900 since it's the european version)

I couldn't seem to get it working. I renamed it to code.ips and put it in the folder (the same folder where the cheats.txt is), but upon loading the game (cartridge version) nothing happens and the text speed is still as slow as ever. Enabling the cheat through Rosalina menu still works perfectly, but the .ips patch doesn't seem to do anything. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's the patch itself that's not working. Again though it would be very much appreciated if you'd share the method used to create the patch in the first place so I can start testing things out for myself.

7 hours ago, XModxGodX said:

You have to enable file patching by holding select while booting your 3ds and enabling that option. I forgot to mention that part sorry...

Ok yeah that works perfectly, thanks. What I specifically want to do though is to be able to patch the dumped ROM (using something like Lunar IPS) so that I can have a single file that I can add to my personal backups and play in Citra without the need for a cheat code, so how would I go about doing that? I've tried copying the cartridge to my SD card using GodMode9, applying the patch using Lunar IPS on my PC, then trimming & decrypting the patched file using GodMode9 before finally trying to load the patched, trimmed & decrypted file in Citra, but doing that just results in an immediate crash.

You'd need to find a tool to extract the filesystem of the ROM and patch specifically patch a file called code.bin and then reassemble it though I don't what tools do that off the top of my head. Also you could got to \AppData\Roaming\Citra\load\mods\00040000000BA900 and put the ips there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XModxGodX said:

You'd need to find a tool to extract the filesystem of the ROM and patch specifically patch a file called code.bin and then reassemble it though I don't what tools do that off the top of my head. Also you could got to \AppData\Roaming\Citra\load\mods\00040000000BA900 and put the ips there.

I used DotNet3DS to extract and rebuild and I've finally now got a patched ROM, thanks for the help!

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Reese Tanner said:

How do you make the cheat and put it into luma. Btw, I did not have a titles folder in luma folder. I don't know what to do.

It says no cheats found

You'll need to create the directory /luma/titles/00040000000BA800 on the SD card then put the code in the original post in cheats.txt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, evandixon said:

The #1 issue with Gates to Infinity is the super slow text speed. Luckily, @shutterbug2000 discovered how to fix it. Short version is to use Luma 3DS cheats and create a text file at (Your SD Card)/luma/titles/00040000000BA800/cheats.txt:

[Infinite Text Speed]
00278FAC 00000000

What's the long version? I used Filezilla to transfer the text file after making it but my Checkpoint app still says there are no cheats available!