Hello again! Ok so I've been working on a Pokemon SoulSilver Romhack and I've now reached the scripting stage. In a small amount of time I figured out how to change the game corner prizes and gift pokémon through SDSME. Feeling motivated with my progress I tried moving onto more complex things. I wanted to make the spiky eared pichu event avaliable without the need of action replay. However then I realised that you need a mystery gift shiny pichu to trigger the aforementioned event. Apparently the game will trigger the event if the shiny pichu in your party has the description 'met through a fateful encounter'. With my very limited knowledge I went through every script function for Ilex Forest trying to figure out what I had to do to trigger the spiky eared pichu event using a normal shiny pichu. However with my limited knowledge I don't really know what I'm supposed to change and the number of functions in the Ilex Forest map are overwhelming. I'm guessing there is a 'checkflag' line somewhere that if I remove should produce the desired effect. If I figured out how to do this then I could also trigger other events that normally require event pokémon such as the giovanni and sinjoh ruins events. If anyone knows how to help then please reply, it would be a big help!

TLDR: does anyone know which flag checks for the fateful encounter description on a Pokémon? Or does anyone just have a list of flags that the game uses?

Edited by HighFrequencyOcelot

• 4 months later...

This is something I was looking at in the Christmas break, since I managed to do this in BW and B2W2 to get the respective mythical events working for any of that specie in the front of your party

If you dont have a solution by then I can maybe update you in the coming month or so when I get time to look at it (Y)

• Like 1